NWH

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #440 on: December 10, 2018, 04:25:53 pm »
Run a bath it can get very very hot but go back to it in no time at all it’s warm the same as your tank even if it’s insulated,think of water coming out of your bath tap very  very hot and staying that temp more or less all day at the brush that’s a hot water heater.

Don Kee

« Reply #441 on: December 10, 2018, 05:07:21 pm »
Run a bath it can get very very hot but go back to it in no time at all it’s warm the same as your tank even if it’s insulated,think of water coming out of your bath tap very  very hot and staying that temp more or less all day at the brush that’s a hot water heater.

Ahhhhhhh a warm bath all day, cheers buddy! Wasn’t too sure what an ‘on demand, hot water system’ actually was, but now (with your bath analogy) I’m clued up!!!

Jesus wept, do you have to remind yourself breathe in the mornings? 23 pages in and you’re all spewing out the same as page 1 and we’re now getting analogies of hot baths!

Some like on demand hot, some like immersion and some like cold...

Job jobbed, we can lock this thread now I’ve solved it.

Jonny 87

« Reply #442 on: December 10, 2018, 05:16:50 pm »
do they supply a pump as well as the controller when its fitted or is that extra?

I would imagine the pump is extra. Usually you would already have a pump, and they would just relocate them into the cabinet.

If you were getting a full system from grippa then obviously everything is included.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

p1w1

« Reply #443 on: December 10, 2018, 05:21:39 pm »
do they supply a pump as well as the controller when its fitted or is that extra?

I would imagine the pump is extra. Usually you would already have a pump, and they would just relocate them into the cabinet.

If you were getting a full system from grippa then obviously everything is included.
Thanks..will take an extra one down then.

dazmond

« Reply #444 on: December 10, 2018, 05:27:10 pm »

grippa fitted my water genie pump out of my pumpbox into my hydroheat cabinet.it was only 6 months old so no point in purchasing another one....

price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #445 on: December 10, 2018, 05:27:59 pm »

when are you getting yours fitted mate?i bet you cant wait! 8)

Jonny 87

« Reply #446 on: December 10, 2018, 06:33:04 pm »

You’ll love it.  Best thing I’ve bought in a long while. Hassle free hot water at he flick of a switch.

You going for the 9kw?

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

KS Cleaning

« Reply #447 on: December 10, 2018, 06:45:10 pm »
Your last comment shows me you’ve never used a diesel heater then.
That is where you’re wrong then😂 😂 I had a purefreedom 9kw diesel heater for 4 years.

NWH

« Reply #448 on: December 10, 2018, 06:49:30 pm »
The reason why this thread is going on is because people on here don’t realise the benefits of a proper heater,you can’t compare an immersision that heats up the water even if it’s to 60 degrees because it won’t hold that temperature for long even if the tanks wrapped up,it will stop hoses etc from freezing and keep you working but it won’t be piping hot.

alank

« Reply #449 on: December 10, 2018, 06:57:58 pm »
Personally speaking my immersion suits my needs as 95% of my work is monthly maintenance cleaning and I couldn't justify the cost of a diesel heated system for what I do. Could I afford one? Yes. Would I buy one ? Yes if the type of work we do changed but not just to have frost protection and hot water every day.

p1w1

« Reply #450 on: December 10, 2018, 08:17:58 pm »

when are you getting yours fitted mate?i bet you cant wait! 8)
Next Tuesday for a 2 day fit only downside is i now have to go christmas shopping with the Mrs while they have my van  ;D..yes gone for the 9kw

« Reply #451 on: December 11, 2018, 10:22:09 am »
Now I’m a happy boy, moved the heater adjusting numpty  passed the stop setting , so the hottest I had is no the lowest temperature

Now the hottest is finally hot,  the hose is hot,  the water at brush head is  too hot to put your hand under so really please now

The sensor reading the heat is  at about 42-44 after 20 mins , So all  is good now

Now I can test out the thermo bore hose with a little more heat

NWH

« Reply #452 on: December 11, 2018, 10:24:39 am »
Just turned mine down as I couldn’t see what I was doing because of the steam on the glass,I cleaned a couple also by the boiler vent on a house it was like being in the middle of a bonfire 🔥 with that blowing out steam as well 😂.
Cold down south this morning still a frost.

Don Kee

« Reply #453 on: December 11, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »
The reason why this thread is going on is because people on here don’t realise the benefits of a proper heater,you can’t compare an immersision that heats up the water even if it’s to 60 degrees because it won’t hold that temperature for long even if the tanks wrapped up,it will stop hoses etc from freezing and keep you working but it won’t be piping hot.

Why do you care?

NWH

« Reply #454 on: December 11, 2018, 05:43:20 pm »
You obviously do your following this thread by reading it are you not.

p1w1

« Reply #455 on: December 11, 2018, 07:19:09 pm »
Is hot better then cold then  ???

dazmond

« Reply #456 on: December 11, 2018, 07:48:07 pm »

;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #457 on: December 11, 2018, 08:50:11 pm »
It must be because if you have cold pure its quite dense and less able to absorb the dirt .
Hot , hot pure has more moving electrons just waiting to grab that dirt better and faster  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dry Clean

« Reply #458 on: December 11, 2018, 10:18:52 pm »

Is a used Gardiner pole that sells for more than a new one on fleebay a better pole ? to the shiner that bought it the answer would be yes.

Jonny 87

« Reply #459 on: December 12, 2018, 04:22:05 am »
Yesterday’s work was an eye opener for me.

I’ve got a very compact day which I always struggle to get done. I usually always have to go back the next day to finish off an hour or so’s work.

All 4 bed detached houses some with large conservatories........ 27 of them.

Yesterday I started at 8am, and was finished for 4pm.  8)

It’s the fastest I’ve ever finished that run.

I had my heater running on full heat, and even though there is lots of leaves usually stuck to the windows from nearby trees etc, and general dirt, every window I could basically clean the same, quick scrub, quick rinse and move on.

You can’t argue that there’s real science behind why hot water is faster to clean with, faster to rinse, faster to dry and to check results, faster to dissolve dirt and I’m noticing That first hand now.

If your just a “plod along” window cleaner that doesn’t have a full round then hot water isn’t a necessity. For me though, it’s starting to pay for itself already.