dazmond

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2018, 11:09:08 am »
Ive just bought a 110amp battery from Halfords. Fitted it in the car-park, alongside (in line) the existing battery.

So, its a 5 minute drive back from Halfords to my place and Id say the temp was markedly improved on the circulating water by the time I got back here. I suspect the original battery therefore isn't holding its charge, so probs time to change that one and have two brand new 110 amp units.

yep thatll do it matt....you should be fine for a few years now....even if you do a lot of driving with a split charge relay you should still bench charge once a week just to keep the batteries topped up,i charge mine every night due to very little mileage during my working day....
Not with two Halfords batteries he won't. I changed mine last October for two 110 amh Halfords batteries. I needed to change them again this October. I went Newmax this time.

I have 2 x 105ah numax batteries and a commercial numax charger as well as the smart split charge relay fitted to my hot system....had my system a year next Thursday,batteries are still fine and I think they will be for a few years yet.....

I've never used a Halfords battery for WFP.....I thought if there 110ah and charged regularly they'd last a few years...
price higher/work harder!

brianbarber

« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2018, 05:44:37 pm »
Thanks Nigel

You showed me heat from your last one once, and that was extremely hot

Do you use a thermobore or standard microbore  or mini bore and did you request a different webasto heater for Oliver or  did you just have there standard one they sell

I use the frost stat probe to measure heat that’s provided  and it’s in cabinet. not up by hose reel, which is by Far the best place as Already stated as In the cabinet it doesn’t come on soon enough when very cold and this year my hose froze one night

I guessed a slight drop through hose so it’s not more than 35-37 at very best at brush end possibly less when out around property

This heater just isn’t performing correctly I feel

I’ll contact Oliver as this isn’t that hot so something still isn’t quiet right in its performance

Thanks for your help

Tony
On the adjuster for temp, you can adjust past the bump,stops
It’s quite easy but ask Oliver first to give correct instruction.
We loosen the screw in the middle, do not remove it or the temp dial will come off, once loose you can go to the max  or minimum  heat setting then carefully go past this by gently pulling out the dial, again without removing it or you can potentially dismantle the valve which is a nightmare. Once you get past the end stop push dial back on fully and retighten  screw.
Oliver will be best to talk to first......I know nothing .....

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

NWH

« Reply #422 on: December 02, 2018, 05:56:19 pm »
I took out my needle valve and just had it on full heat, I changed the 2 inlets into the heat exchanger with male connections.

dazmond

« Reply #423 on: December 02, 2018, 07:30:24 pm »
Thanks Nigel

You showed me heat from your last one once, and that was extremely hot

Do you use a thermobore or standard microbore  or mini bore and did you request a different webasto heater for Oliver or  did you just have there standard one they sell

I use the frost stat probe to measure heat that’s provided  and it’s in cabinet. not up by hose reel, which is by Far the best place as Already stated as In the cabinet it doesn’t come on soon enough when very cold and this year my hose froze one night

I guessed a slight drop through hose so it’s not more than 35-37 at very best at brush end possibly less when out around property

This heater just isn’t performing correctly I feel

I’ll contact Oliver as this isn’t that hot so something still isn’t quiet right in its performance

Thanks for your help

Tony
On the adjuster for temp, you can adjust past the bump,stops
It’s quite easy but ask Oliver first to give correct instruction.
We loosen the screw in the middle, do not remove it or the temp dial will come off, once loose you can go to the max  or minimum  heat setting then carefully go past this by gently pulling out the dial, again without removing it or you can potentially dismantle the valve which is a nightmare. Once you get past the end stop push dial back on fully and retighten  screw.
Oliver will be best to talk to first......I know nothing .....

Mr B

I did something similar but the plastic dial came off!put it back on and it's been great ever since.....I always get 60c+ at brush end after 15 mins of turning the heater on with 100m of coiled hose....😀

P @ F

« Reply #424 on: December 06, 2018, 09:38:15 pm »
BUMP   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Always wanted to do that  :D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Spruce

« Reply #425 on: December 07, 2018, 08:08:56 am »
BUMP   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Always wanted to do that  :D

Me too  ;D ;D ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

a900

« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2018, 01:35:21 pm »
So I’ve taken delivery of a Thermo 90s. I’ve wanted to see if I could run it on or a mix of waste oil. Starts and runs on 20% waste oil and 80% red diesel just the same as straight red diesel. I will update somewhere along the line if it needs servicing as a result.

Wouldn’t run on 50% on its own. But when the oil was heated with copper tube around its exhaust it ran as normal. No smoke out the exhaust either. So may rig up 2 tanks with a switch for running more waste oil when it’s warm

Should be cheaper to run than Propane and a lot safer.

Thought someone might find it interesting or useful as they don’t want to be putting alternative fuels in their £4.5 grippatank heaters. Will see how Kersene waste oil works 2

NWH

« Reply #427 on: December 07, 2018, 03:22:54 pm »
Why are you bothering they are peanuts to run anyway,piping hot water for 20 notes a week roughly lol blimey.

dazmond

« Reply #428 on: December 07, 2018, 03:44:50 pm »
So I’ve taken delivery of a Thermo 90s. I’ve wanted to see if I could run it on or a mix of waste oil. Starts and runs on 20% waste oil and 80% red diesel just the same as straight red diesel. I will update somewhere along the line if it needs servicing as a result.

Wouldn’t run on 50% on its own. But when the oil was heated with copper tube around its exhaust it ran as normal. No smoke out the exhaust either. So may rig up 2 tanks with a switch for running more waste oil when it’s warm

Thought someone might find it interesting or useful as they don’t want to be putting alternative fuels in their £4.5 grippatank heaters. Will see how Kersene waste oil works 2

itll probably cost you more on burners/servicing than the money youll save!but who knows you could be very successful in saving a couple of pound a week.....

Spruce

« Reply #429 on: December 07, 2018, 03:51:38 pm »
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

a900

« Reply #430 on: December 07, 2018, 07:59:32 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLUeCH_HE4Q

Some of the comments on there were mine. Was trying to encourage the guy to give it a try before I put my money in to it all 😂 he hasn’t done a video of blends yet. I mentioned about preheating the veg oil. Same sort of thing in a 2 tank veg oil diesel vehicle conversion

a900

« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2018, 08:06:24 pm »

itll probably cost you more on burners/servicing than the money youll save!but who knows you could be very successful in saving a couple of pound a week.....

Your right running 50% will only save £10 a week or £520 a year. But I also have loads of used oil sat around.  I’m one of those people that likes to tinker and if I can do that using my business as the excuse then it is/or can be productive. Ie diy electric reel and diy lithium battery.

These things have made a difference to my business and I’ve learnt in the process.

Spending more money on servicing isn’t an issue for me. Because it would only be my time and possibly a gasket or sealant. So if I spend 2 days a year taking apart the burner instead of cleaning yet another window. Then I’m not loosing money and getting to tinker and learn something that interests me

I get it’s not for everyone. But someone will be interested if I can report back in a year my findings

Splash & dash

« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2018, 09:05:27 pm »

Your right running 50% will only save £10 a week or £520 a year. But I also have loads of used oil sat around.  I’m one of those people that likes to tinker and if I can do that using my business as the excuse then it is/or can be productive. Ie diy electric reel and diy lithium battery.

These things have made a difference to my business and I’ve learnt in the process.

Spending more money on servicing isn’t an issue for me. Because it would only be my time and possibly a gasket or sealant. So if I spend 2 days a year taking apart the burner instead of cleaning yet another window. Then I’m not loosing money and getting to tinker and learn something that interests me

I get it’s not for everyone. But someone will be interested if I can report back in a year my findings

I have over 8000 hours on my burner in 4 years never been serviced and runs sweet as a nut , it will be intresting to see how long it works for before needing a re build running on that mixture

dazmond

« Reply #433 on: December 08, 2018, 09:40:35 am »

each to their own mate......... ;)

Jonny 87

« Reply #434 on: December 10, 2018, 12:19:00 pm »
Melting ice off conservatories and velux windows today.

Still loving the hot water.  ;D

My immersion used to do similar but not as quick. I’ve got it set for about 40 degrees at the brush head. Perfect. Nice toasty hands too.

Been sub zero all morning here.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #435 on: December 10, 2018, 02:16:00 pm »

My immersion used to do similar but not as quick. I’ve got it set for about 40 degrees at the brush head. Perfect. Nice toasty hands too.

Agree. It really helps this time of the year
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

p1w1

« Reply #436 on: December 10, 2018, 03:34:26 pm »
do they supply a pump as well as the controller when its fitted or is that extra?

NWH

« Reply #437 on: December 10, 2018, 03:55:19 pm »
An immersion will not give the same sort of hot water you’ll get from a thermo90 or thermo top C series 300 heater,you’ll get warmqater throughout the day even if it’s insulated it’s cooling down as soon as you leave the house.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #438 on: December 10, 2018, 04:14:55 pm »

My immersion heated water melted ice off the conservatories this morning, really can’t see how diesel heated water would be any quicker, you can only push a pole up and down and sideways as fast as your arms allow!

NWH

« Reply #439 on: December 10, 2018, 04:23:21 pm »
Your last comment shows me you’ve never used a diesel heater then.