P @ F

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #380 on: December 01, 2018, 01:08:54 am »
Im the same , I wouldnt say it makes me more , it does clean the crud faster , but that is of no benefit to me as when I have finished my list I go home , I dont cram more in just because I have finished sooner , I will if I know its gonna pi55 down the next day though , but thats common sense .
My L5 comes out as soon as winter has done one , why spend more than I have to in summer .
For me its warm hands and softer hoses in the cold , but if my proposed DIY diesel goes as planned then it will stay in all year round mainly for the odd first cleans .

If you are only going to use it for an occasional first clean it’s not worth the effort stick to the cold , we use hot all year round as In summer months baked on bird poo bee pollen fly dirt comes off so much quicker
I am not paying 4k , I am not paying 2k , I am not even paying 1k  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dave Willis

« Reply #381 on: December 01, 2018, 07:17:52 am »
No Daz, you bought yours because you haven’t got a life  ;D you had a gas heater and even posted what a waste of money hot water was, posted how it was no quicker and how there was no need for it. Even posted how useless extreme poles were and how you were going back to an SLX. A week or two later and you couldn’t help yourself!  It’s all you live for, cleaning feckin windows. Now you’ve bought all the most expensive kit on tick, what next? Another leather jacket?

dazmond

« Reply #382 on: December 01, 2018, 10:15:30 am »
No Daz, you bought yours because you haven’t got a life  ;D you had a gas heater and even posted what a waste of money hot water was, posted how it was no quicker and how there was no need for it. Even posted how useless extreme poles were and how you were going back to an SLX. A week or two later and you couldn’t help yourself!  It’s all you live for, cleaning feckin windows. Now you’ve bought all the most expensive kit on tick, what next? Another leather jacket?

that did make me laugh! ;D ;D ;D ;D

1.hot water obviously cleans better and easier than cold water,i was kidding myself after my scare with my gas heater.

2.theres no need for hot water..... you can clean with cold but why would you want too if you can afford a hot water system?its much nicer to work with esp during the winter months,first cleans and add on jobs.....plus you dont have to worry about freezing hoses/jets,pumps etc.....

3.i got fed up with xtreme sections snapping so briefly went back to SLX poles for a year but obviously xtreme poles make your day even easier.......its the awkward angle windows(i have a lot of em on certain parts of my round!)that you really notice a big difference....

4.i paid the £4,500 for my heater on my interest free credit card,i paid 3k off it straight away and then £500 a month for 3 months so it was paid off by march this year.... :)

5.i was rehearsing last night with my band as we have 2 gigs this xmas(one in a couple of weeks and one on new years eve)so drumming is one of my main hobbies as well as bodybuilding.... :).....plus we get paid cash for making music!

6.i actually spend a lot less time window cleaning than i used too....its virtually a part time job these days as ive got more organised,efficient and better equipment(as well as even more compact work).......

7.my life is just fine as it is dave...i feel so lucky to be  a window cleaner TBH mate......... ;D 8)
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #383 on: December 01, 2018, 01:15:09 pm »
I don’t feel it improves productivity would you give websto heater to staff, I’m not sure, maybe you want them to have hot to keep working but it’s expensive especially when we don’t get so many unworkable days from cold weather

It certainly makes first  cleans much easier especially green frames

I do the same amount of  Work now as with the short period without hot water, as little as possibly

And I’m really sorry I’m just going to disagree with what everyone seems to say

I find hot hoses a absolute pain in the backside they stick to everything they fold on corner walls easier, winding in when it’s so hot is a nightmare they stay dirtier with mud as it’s dried on hose , maybe I should get the hot thermo hot not sure yet

I prefer winding cold hose to wind in, even though it’s just pressing a button, Hot hose annoys me so much , (side issues issue worn out first motor on electric hose reel, was changed over yesterday. Just over couple years old now, it just slowly lost it’s power until it needed little help to wind in )!

And I just wanted to add to length of thread LOL

I’ve been playing about with heater yesterday as I don’t normally put it to recirculate when driving around

? Nigel question, when you set yours up to recirculate, before you head off in morning.  am I correct in thinking yours it at same flow rate you work with during day or do you start it off on a slow flow and then turn to working flow or something different

dazmond

« Reply #384 on: December 01, 2018, 02:16:08 pm »
I don’t feel it improves productivity would you give websto heater to staff, I’m not sure, maybe you want them to have hot to keep working but it’s expensive especially when we don’t get so many unworkable days from cold weather

It certainly makes first  cleans much easier especially green frames

I do the same amount of  Work now as with the short period without hot water, as little as possibly

And I’m really sorry I’m just going to disagree with what everyone seems to say

I find hot hoses a absolute pain in the backside they stick to everything they fold on corner walls easier, winding in when it’s so hot is a nightmare they stay dirtier with mud as it’s dried on hose , maybe I should get the hot thermo hot not sure yet

I prefer winding cold hose to wind in, even though it’s just pressing a button, Hot hose annoys me so much , (side issues issue worn out first motor on electric hose reel, was changed over yesterday. Just over couple years old now, it just slowly lost it’s power until it needed little help to wind in )!

And I just wanted to add to length of thread LOL

I’ve been playing about with heater yesterday as I don’t normally put it to recirculate when driving around

? Nigel question, when you set yours up to recirculate, before you head off in morning.  am I correct in thinking yours it at same flow rate you work with during day or do you start it off on a slow flow and then turn to working flow or something different

hot hoses more of a pain than cold hoses?really? ::)roll

....stick to cold then.....i think your bonkers though! ;D

whatever works for you!

dazmond

« Reply #385 on: December 01, 2018, 02:22:49 pm »
it makes zero difference whether you have your flow on lower than your working flow when your recirculate back to tank between jobs....i just keep mine on 40 all the time.....

so are you saying you let your heater shut down all the time between jobs?this IS NOT a good way to run these heaters!no wonder your waters not getting very hot! ::)roll...i run mine all day and dont let it shut down until after the last job of the day and i only use around £20 a week in diesel to heat my water.....

« Reply #386 on: December 01, 2018, 02:58:15 pm »
Thanks Daz

I’ve always run my last  heater that way, from about 2005 till 2015 , I changed  burners twice in that period, it’s still in use with a friend with same burners, so not a bad way to use them

I used cold for while as winters were getting milder and I was working less, and not sure direction I was going in

I’m just interested in how others are using them,

Dry Clean

« Reply #387 on: December 01, 2018, 04:32:33 pm »
Thanks Daz

I’ve always run my last  heater that way, from about 2005 till 2015 , I changed  burners twice in that period, it’s still in use with a friend with same burners, so not a bad way to use them

I used cold for while as winters were getting milder and I was working less, and not sure direction I was going in

Anthony while it makes a welcome change to actually  read a sensible review on this subject I find other than winding them up for a laugh its best to let Dazmond and the rest of the hobby shiners get on with it.

NWH

« Reply #388 on: December 01, 2018, 04:36:58 pm »
If you run your water back to tank on 10 it’ll be way hotter than it would on your working flow,as for hot water not being better than cold I can’t understand why anyone would say that. I don’t think or know if you have the pro90 in your heater Tony but it’s way better than the Varitech versions it’s the same as the Ionic’s heater.

dazmond

« Reply #389 on: December 01, 2018, 04:41:10 pm »
Thanks Daz

You might not have had to change the burners if you ran it on full blast all day rather than letting it shut down all the time....

Oliver said the best way was to run them flat out all day every day to keep the burners clean....

dazmond

« Reply #390 on: December 01, 2018, 04:44:51 pm »
If you run your water back to tank on 10 it’ll be way hotter than it would on your working flow,as for hot water not being better than cold I can’t understand why anyone would say that. I don’t think or know if you have the pro90 in your heater Tony but it’s way better than the Varitech versions it’s the same as the Ionic’s heater.

I've tried it on 10 and my normal 40 when recirculating and it makes no difference IMO Nigel....I'm still getting 60c+ at brush head with 100m of coiled hose whether it's on 10 or 40......

dazmond

« Reply #391 on: December 01, 2018, 04:48:03 pm »
Thanks Daz

Anthony while it makes a welcome change to actually  read a sensible review on this subject I find other than winding them up for a laugh its best to let Dazmond and the rest of the hobby shiners get on with it.

"Hobby shiners" ::)roll ;D......I've probably got more hobbies than you sean(that are nothing to do with window cleaning!)....... ;D

NWH

« Reply #392 on: December 01, 2018, 05:07:19 pm »
Tony you didnt have a heater in 2005.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #393 on: December 01, 2018, 05:24:28 pm »
When I had my pure  freedom  9kw system I found that when recirculating the most effective way was to start on a low flow rate then slowly keep increasing the flow rate as the water was heating up.

« Reply #394 on: December 01, 2018, 05:30:46 pm »
Thanks Nigel and others

There certainly quieter and more economic than the previous model that varistream used and one from another company’s called outreach don’t know if his still about

I’m not sure which one I have it’s from grippa in there black plastic  cabinet, two man 9.6 or 9.8 or something as to which model can’t read the writing on heater, same as most of you I guess,

last winter had few issues then summer came, but it’s rectified now , a wire on the loom wasn’t man enough for the current and kept triggering a low power shut down and false voltage reading, but  grippa via a local wabasto engenier spend a day tracing issue, so fair play to both companies

I was just testing it out yesterday as but really had a chance

So it was always on recirculating under the test and batteries fully charged,

30 minutes flow of 20, both reels got up to 31 one side 33 the other

Then for 1 hour on recirculate with flow 10’ got up to 37 one side the other  39

Then set flow at 55 which is just under my working flow of 60  for 30 minutes rose both sides to 43

Batteries still at about 12.9  both 110amp one month old

So I’m perplexed as to the temps some say there getting at the brush head, for me it’s hot at brush head but I still can hold hand under quite easily, unless no sense no feeling in my hands

Hence an interest in what everyone’s doing to solve my dilemmas

zesty

« Reply #395 on: December 01, 2018, 05:50:45 pm »

The best one for me is that now Daz has a van with heated seats, he now takes every opportunity to mention it  ::)roll

Any thread with people asking about vans and Daz is like ‘also get heated seats, there amazing’

I just sit there and read it and think ‘yeah Daz, I’ve had heated seats for ages in my custom, but I don’t feel the need to keep going on about it, it’s hardly a rare luxury’

Just winding you up Daz.  ;D

NWH

« Reply #396 on: December 01, 2018, 05:53:07 pm »
If it’s reading temp from the frost probe the heat output won’t be accurate are you reading it from a hand held meter,you can’t hold your hand under mine it’s too hot.
If I recirculate my water on a flow of 10 it will spit out the brush as it’s so hot I can’t speak for others that are using these heaters but as I’ve said previously I won’t be able to use mine on Max it will be to hot when the temperature eventually drops and we are into real what I call winter in rural areas.

dazmond

« Reply #397 on: December 01, 2018, 05:55:32 pm »
Thanks Nigel and others

There certainly quieter and more economic than the previous model that varistream used and one from another company’s called outreach don’t know if his still about

I’m not sure which one I have it’s from grippa in there black plastic  cabinet, two man 9.6 or 9.8 or something as to which model can’t read the writing on heater, same as most of you I guess,

last winter had few issues then summer came, but it’s rectified now , a wire on the loom wasn’t man enough for the current and kept triggering a low power shut down and false voltage reading, but  grippa via a local wabasto engenier spend a day tracing issue, so fair play to both companies

I was just testing it out yesterday as but really had a chance

So it was always on recirculating under the test and batteries fully charged,

30 minutes flow of 20, both reels got up to 31 one side 33 the other

Then for 1 hour on recirculate with flow 10’ got up to 37 one side the other  39

Then set flow at 55 which is just under my working flow of 60  for 30 minutes rose both sides to 43

Batteries still at about 12.9  both 110amp one month old

So I’m perplexed as to the temps some say there getting at the brush head, for me it’s hot at brush head but I still can hold hand under quite easily, unless no sense no feeling in my hands

Hence an interest in what everyone’s doing to solve my dilemmas
try it after 30 mins recirculating  on full heat setting with 100m of coiled hose...mine reads 60c-62c at the brush end with a hand held meter...too hot to keep your hand under it....

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #398 on: December 01, 2018, 06:00:12 pm »

The best one for me is that now Daz has a van with heated seats, he now takes every opportunity to mention it  ::)roll

Any thread with people asking about vans and Daz is like ‘also get heated seats, there amazing’

I just sit there and read it and think ‘yeah Daz, I’ve had heated seats for ages in my custom, but I don’t feel the need to keep going on about it, it’s hardly a rare luxury’

Just winding you up Daz.  ;D

I think Daz has developed "window cleaning" Tourettes!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #399 on: December 01, 2018, 06:01:19 pm »
If I’ve recirculated for 15-20 minutes and then fill a window cleaning bucket up with the water you would struggle to submerge your hand,I dipped my applicator cover it and tried ringing it out it almost scolded my hand.
This is what I’m trying to say the water is very very hot.