P @ F

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #360 on: November 30, 2018, 08:56:20 am »
I think the angle is very important , look at the top edge of the chipboard , thats burnt black !
Why would you mount so its out in the wind , gonna blow out , we just had a storm come through  ???   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Jonny 87

« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2018, 10:21:34 am »
The problem is that these heaters get banded about as easy and cheap hot water.

People do a little bit of research and then stick one In their van.

There’s more and more wfp window cleaners as each year goes by, it’s just a matter of time before one goes kaboom. It may of happened already and we don’t know about it.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2018, 11:40:01 am »
I’m not worried about the boiler going up , I always mount it on the water tank so it should put itself out  🤣

As for the bottle , if that goes bang  then don’t bother sending me a Christmas card this year 😆😆

Jonny 87

« Reply #363 on: November 30, 2018, 11:44:27 am »
I’m not worried about the boiler going up , I always mount it on the water tank so it should put itself out  🤣

As for the bottle , if that goes bang  then don’t bother sending me a Christmas card this year 😆😆

Don’t joke about these things.  ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #364 on: November 30, 2018, 11:53:07 am »

[/quote]

No, because his starter battery and his leisure battery are the same leisure battery. So it gets to start the van and run his pump. His leisure battery not only is charged by his alternator when he is driving, the solar panels charge his battery when the van is stationary. He has the best of all worlds - atm.  :D
[/quote)

ATM  😯.
Where is the faith Spruce 😁

dazmond

« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2018, 06:25:38 pm »
im so glad im not messing about with gas bottles and shower heaters anymore........

i just press a button after starting my van first thing in the morning and 15 mins later ive got piping hot water for my first job of the day.....lovely....its well worth the £20 a week in diesel to heat my water.......

on monday ive got a fairly large  job to clean first thing (a full f/s/g clean plus windows)a 3 hour job i reckon,its filthy! ;Dthe hot water will defo help.... :)
price higher/work harder!

jonny thompson

« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2018, 06:37:48 pm »
I’m not sure how I managed to work this week messing about with my gas heater, Monday morning I filled it up at the petrol station£9.75, I switch it on at the start of the day and switched it off at the end of the day , very time exhuming, been doing this  for 6 years now and luckily still cleaned some windows in between 😀

P @ F

« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2018, 06:47:55 pm »
I’m not sure how I managed to work this week messing about with my gas heater, Monday morning I filled it up at the petrol station£9.75, I switch it on at the start of the day and switched it off at the end of the day , very time exhuming, been doing this  for 6 years now and luckily still cleaned some windows in between 😀
This is what I was meant to be doing , I had my eye on one of them little red cylinders , gas it I think they are called , would have fitted nice where the spare should be underneath , that got scuppered though as the Calor depot I drive past every day did away with the forecourt pump they had  ???
I dont know of any garage even remotely close to me that does it on tap !

Spruce

« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2018, 06:54:18 pm »

No, because his starter battery and his leisure battery are the same leisure battery. So it gets to start the van and run his pump. His leisure battery not only is charged by his alternator when he is driving, the solar panels charge his battery when the van is stationary. He has the best of all worlds - atm.  :D
[/quote)

ATM  😯.
Where is the faith Spruce 😁
[/quote]

Plenty of faith, but once you start adding diesel heaters and electric hose reels then power demand increases. Then you will want a microwave to heat some water up for coffee and a fridge to keep the milk cold. Also an induction hob so you can cook yourself some breakfast occassionally and finally an electric flush loo so you aren't caught short with council loo closures.

I know, because I would love a van with all these amenities. I would also like a comfortable rest area where I can retreat to and put my feet up for half an hour. And it goes without saying that it should be warm in winter.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #369 on: November 30, 2018, 07:06:02 pm »
This is what I was meant to be doing , I had my eye on one of them little red cylinders , gas it I think they are called , would have fitted nice where the spare should be underneath , that got scuppered though as the Calor depot I drive past every day did away with the forecourt pump they had  ???
I dont know of any garage even remotely close to me that does it on tap !

LPG was the flavour of the month at one time but is going out of fashion now. We had a Jet garage a couple of miles away but they shut it down as there was no demand. The next one is 4 miles away and I have never seen anyone using it. I have always said that Gasit cylinders and tanks are the way to go but with LPG pumps disappearing off forecourts this would be a concern for me considering the financial outlay.

The tanks should have a inspection certificate issued by a qualified person every year and when they are 10 years old they have to be scrapped.

Spruce

« Reply #370 on: November 30, 2018, 07:08:47 pm »

These gas heaters in general have lasted very well. One of the local lads still has his; its 7 years old and still going strong.

P @ F

« Reply #371 on: November 30, 2018, 08:13:34 pm »
I think mine is either 7 or 8 in January , I have definately had my moneys worth out of it !

Splash & dash

« Reply #372 on: November 30, 2018, 08:27:04 pm »

Another one of these on Facebook.

Honestly it’s a matter of time before someone’s van goes up in flames.

Do yourselves a favour and get an interest free credit card, pay a diesel heater off in a year. Job done.

;D

Personally I would remove it and put it in a skip . Cannot help notice that you have it mounted on chip board as well not a good idear as it’s flamable and contained glue that when it gets hot releases poisonous fumes , it should be mounted on a non flamable surface such as master board or similar , it has been illegal to mount boilers in this way in houses for many years as in the event of a fire it will exasibate  the problem with spreading heat and fire

P @ F

« Reply #373 on: November 30, 2018, 08:35:22 pm »
I think he might have already worked that one out Splash  ;D ;D ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #374 on: November 30, 2018, 09:14:25 pm »
wow that took some reading .......14 pages of willy waving 4 pages of spruce  and his big brain lol  ;D

can i ask a few questions  what really matters ..... you invest xyz in hot water in cash terms per day / week / month are you better off with  buying it ? in turn how long before you get you money back ? and start to see real profit on xyz

how long does the warranty last on these is it three years ? parts and labor  ?? again more cost if its only a year

surely  if you spending 25k of a full new system  and van you must have these  numbers to hand  compared to ruining the old unit you got rid of  ?

Splash & dash

« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2018, 09:55:17 pm »
wow that took some reading .......14 pages of willy waving 4 pages of spruce  and his big brain lol  ;D

can i ask a few questions  what really matters ..... you invest xyz in hot water in cash terms per day / week / month are you better off with  buying it ? in turn how long before you get you money back ? and start to see real profit on xyz

how long does the warranty last on these is it three years ? parts and labor  ?? again more cost if its only a year

surely  if you spending 25k of a full new system  and van you must have these  numbers to hand  compared to ruining the old unit you got rid of  ?

Warranty is a year parts and labour depending who you buy stuff off
How much time does it save , that depends on the type of work you are doing on salty costal work and one off cleans and first cleans I find it halves the time taken
Is it worth the money in my book yes I would never go back to cold I was cold wfp for 10 years and hot for the last 4 , with hind sight I would have gone hot long before
To work out how much more you can earn using hot is impossible  say again depends what work you are doing if you are doing first cleans evey day a huge time saving is made if doing 4 weekly maintenance cleans then less time saved but removing seagull poo , salt , fly dirts, bee pollen etc on maintenance cleans does make it quicker it’s also quicker during the winter months as the hoses are far more manageable
We do a lot of large commercial work on hotels : nursing homes : industrial building cleaning , plastic cleans especially on plastic cleans we are regularly 30-40% quicker , I know this as we do dozens of identical properties with hot that took 30-40 %  longer to do with cold also using hot you don’t have to use chemicals so the cost of hot saves that cost . There will always be those that are sceptical and say hot isn’t needed , I was one of those people for years now having used it for 4 years I can see how much quicker and better it is , some of my staff before working for me worked for other cleaners using cold and every one of them sais that hot is far better and quicker .
Running costs are high I reckon  it burns 1:5 ltr per hour x that by 40 hours a week it’s not cheap but again as far as Ime conserved it’s a cheap price to pay for the extra work we do in a week , if you are a sole trader earning £100 a day you arnt going to make it pay , but if you are an established sole trader or bigger company earning £250 per day upwards it’s a no brainier
As for maintenance costs mine is now 4 years old it runs a minimum of 8 hours a day 5 days a week and I haven’t spent a penny on it so far , Ime no mathematician but think that’s around 8,000 running hours working on a 48 week year ?..  if it goes bang tomorrow I don’t think that’s expensive considering what I have arnt over that time

jonny thompson

« Reply #376 on: November 30, 2018, 10:06:54 pm »
For me using my lpg heater , I don’t think I do earn anymore money, I’m sure I would do the same amount using cold, for me it definitely makes my working day better and would always use hot

P @ F

« Reply #377 on: November 30, 2018, 10:20:16 pm »
Im the same , I wouldnt say it makes me more , it does clean the crud faster , but that is of no benefit to me as when I have finished my list I go home , I dont cram more in just because I have finished sooner , I will if I know its gonna pi55 down the next day though , but thats common sense .
My L5 comes out as soon as winter has done one , why spend more than I have to in summer .
For me its warm hands and softer hoses in the cold , but if my proposed DIY diesel goes as planned then it will stay in all year round mainly for the odd first cleans .

Splash & dash

« Reply #378 on: November 30, 2018, 10:38:31 pm »
Im the same , I wouldnt say it makes me more , it does clean the crud faster , but that is of no benefit to me as when I have finished my list I go home , I dont cram more in just because I have finished sooner , I will if I know its gonna pi55 down the next day though , but thats common sense .
My L5 comes out as soon as winter has done one , why spend more than I have to in summer .
For me its warm hands and softer hoses in the cold , but if my proposed DIY diesel goes as planned then it will stay in all year round mainly for the odd first cleans .

If you are only going to use it for an occasional first clean it’s not worth the effort stick to the cold , we use hot all year round as In summer months baked on bird poo bee pollen fly dirt comes off so much quicker

dazmond

« Reply #379 on: December 01, 2018, 12:12:16 am »

i bought my diesel heater for safety,comfort and ease of use and not having to remember to put a heater in the back of my van on freezing cold nights........its great...i wish id of got one years ago than messing about with gas heaters and gas bottles,aquarium heaters,oil filled radiators etc but i couldnt afford one at the time.......

price higher/work harder!