NWH

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2018, 03:47:54 pm »
Mine is the perfect option for you if you want to self build then all parts are here waiting for you to pick em up m8,give me 650 90% of the parts are less than a year old.

NWH

« Reply #341 on: November 29, 2018, 03:48:16 pm »
Including cabinet

Simon Trapani

« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2018, 03:51:18 pm »
Is this the longest thread ever on CIU? :)

Slacky

« Reply #343 on: November 29, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »
Is this the longest thread ever on CIU? :)

No, we once had a thread on here about WFP V Trad, it went on for 717 pages.

Slacky

« Reply #344 on: November 29, 2018, 04:00:48 pm »
I dont care. Ive got two new batteries on my kit and it works a dream! ;)

dazmond

« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2018, 04:29:14 pm »
I dont care. Ive got two new batteries on my kit and it works a dream! ;)

good stuff matt.....so you re getting a consistently hotter temperature now since you replaced a battery and added another? ;)
price higher/work harder!

a900

« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2018, 04:31:54 pm »
Including cabinet

I’m looking for a cabinet only 😂

Slacky

« Reply #347 on: November 29, 2018, 04:33:11 pm »
No, I realised halfway through the convo on here yesterday that there were 2 110A batteries but because I’ve not charged them up enough since the kit was finished they’ve just not been up to the job. One of them was hidden round the far side of the tank, so I’d forgotten about it - out of sight out of mind. So today they were both removed and replaced with two brand new ones.

Result is that the water coming out the reel within 15 minutes is too hot to put your hand under. Result!

dazmond

« Reply #348 on: November 29, 2018, 04:48:25 pm »
No, I realised halfway through the convo on here yesterday that there were 2 110A batteries but because I’ve not charged them up enough since the kit was finished they’ve just not been up to the job. One of them was hidden round the far side of the tank, so I’d forgotten about it - out of sight out of mind. So today they were both removed and replaced with two brand new ones.

Result is that the water coming out the reel within 15 minutes is too hot to put your hand under. Result!

thats why i charge mine up every night matt despite having the grippa smart charge split relay wired in as well........keeps the batteries in good nick.... esp during the colder winter months....

NWH

« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2018, 06:40:43 pm »
You can have the cabinet for 650 then just imagine the other bits are free lol

P @ F

« Reply #350 on: November 29, 2018, 07:22:40 pm »
Mine is the perfect option for you if you want to self build then all parts are here waiting for you to pick em up m8,give me 650 90% of the parts are less than a year old.
Thanks for the offer NWH , very fair price , but I am going to have to build a totally different kind of setup , I cannot accomodate or mains charge 2 x110 ampers , what I hope to build is going to have to run for all my working day off a  Numax 85 MF battery , which will need to run my delivery system and power reel too .
See that flying pig up there  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2018, 08:28:59 pm »
Thanks for the offer NWH , very fair price , but I am going to have to build a totally different kind of setup , I cannot accomodate or mains charge 2 x110 ampers , what I hope to build is going to have to run for all my working day off a  Numax 85 MF battery , which will need to run my delivery system and power reel too .

your vans too small too rich.....better just stick to the gas heater set up esp as you cant run a lead to your van(ive seen where you have to park your van in relation to your house)......

hows the solar charging going during these gloomy winter days?do you have to take your battery indoors for a charge most nights?

Spruce

« Reply #352 on: November 29, 2018, 09:25:24 pm »

your vans too small too rich.....better just stick to the gas heater set up esp as you cant run a lead to your van(ive seen where you have to park your van in relation to your house)......

hows the solar charging going during these gloomy winter days?do you have to take your battery indoors for a charge most nights?

No, because his starter battery and his leisure battery are the same leisure battery. So it gets to start the van and run his pump. His leisure battery not only is charged by his alternator when he is driving, the solar panels charge his battery when the van is stationary. He has the best of all worlds - atm.  :D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #353 on: November 29, 2018, 09:54:46 pm »
Im glad you asked that Daz  ;D
My solar install was a great success , my battery has not left the van since 15th Jan 2018 , so soon to be a year without it seeing the light of day or a mains charger , I dont miss lugging that out every night !

Plus by going self diesel I will actually save weight , full bottle , boiler , and plumbing comes to around 40kg , my planned system wont be close to that .

P @ F

« Reply #354 on: November 29, 2018, 10:02:52 pm »
Yeh , what Spruce said  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Come on Daz , how long we known each other ?
You should know me by now mate , I have a goal , I will shoot and I will score , Shamoawn MF  ;D ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #355 on: November 29, 2018, 11:39:05 pm »

Another one of these on Facebook.

Honestly it’s a matter of time before someone’s van goes up in flames.

Do yourselves a favour and get an interest free credit card, pay a diesel heater off in a year. Job done.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #356 on: November 30, 2018, 01:36:54 am »
Mounted on chipboard , at a pi55ed angle , no wonder it went up !
I dont get why the back door is the place of choice for lots of people either ?

Jonny 87

« Reply #357 on: November 30, 2018, 07:29:13 am »

I know. It’s where i see most people put them these days.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Slacky

« Reply #358 on: November 30, 2018, 07:42:20 am »

To be honest the angle wont have anything to do with it.

dazmond

« Reply #359 on: November 30, 2018, 08:40:05 am »

Another one of these on Facebook.

Honestly it’s a matter of time before someone’s van goes up in flames.

Do yourselves a favour and get an interest free credit card, pay a diesel heater off in a year. Job done.

;D

his tank looks nice and safe too! ;D....it reminds me of my first wfp van! ::)roll ;D