dazmond

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #220 on: November 27, 2018, 08:01:31 pm »
im very happy with my heater rich........ i just havent got boiling hot water at the brush head on a very cold day with 100m out!(lets be honest who in their right mind would want that anyway?) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #221 on: November 27, 2018, 08:02:22 pm »
Me on PVC

NWH

« Reply #222 on: November 27, 2018, 08:04:13 pm »
I know 1 thing I don’t have a stiff brush anymore they all soon soften now.

dazmond

« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2018, 08:07:59 pm »
so basically nigel your saying your hose doesnt lose heat with 100m off the reel.........you must be the only hot WFP window cleaner in the world that doesnt! ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #224 on: November 27, 2018, 08:08:24 pm »
What flow rate do you guys work at as I don’t get any where near those temps out of mine, reads about 31c on the thermostat which is before hose reel

I’m running at about 60-65 fan jets and it’s fairly warm but not silly hot and that’s on full setting

Today drove about 30 min on recirculate mains charged over night and worked no more driving than 10 mins between jobs recirculating back and it not what I expected

I must admit I don’t find these heaters as hot as the last model I had it’s definatly more fuel efficient though

P @ F

« Reply #225 on: November 27, 2018, 08:13:50 pm »
Im not picking fault , i just dont understand how you are not getting the temps !
Let me get this right .....
Jonny is running a 9kw same as you but has 2 system pumps , 1 to pole on demand and the other constantly feeding back to tank , when he switches pole off that also goes back to tank , 2 pumps back to tank .
You have 1 pump , when you stop flow to brush all goes to tank .

So what does NWH have ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2018, 08:14:41 pm »
It loses heat of course Daz but recirculated the water is so hot by the time I’ve finished a job if it’s cooling down it’s not by much,don’t forget the way I’ve been doing it and 10 minutes between jobs the water will start off at the 70degree mark. I’ll do this on a PVC house if I know that’s where I’m off to next it almost pops off the beading 😂

dazmond

« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2018, 08:15:37 pm »
What flow rate do you guys work at as I don’t get any where near those temps out of mine, reads about 31c on the thermostat which is before hose reel

I’m running at about 60-65 fan jets and it’s fairly warm but not silly hot and that’s on full setting

Today drove about 30 min on recirculate mains charged over night and worked no more driving than 10 mins between jobs recirculating back and it not what I expected

I must admit I don’t find these heaters as hot as the last model I had it’s definatly more fuel efficient though

flow on 40 and thats gushing out of my jets!thermostat reads 40-50c after 30 mins on recirculation on full heat......brush end varies of course but with hardly any hose off the reel i cant keep my hand under the flow its too hot!im getting 40-50c at brush head on a 10c-15c  ambient air temperature day with say 40m off the reel,less with 100m out....

dazmond

« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2018, 08:19:33 pm »
Im not picking fault , i just dont understand how you are not getting the temps !
Jonny is running a 9kw same as you but has 2 system pumps , 1 to pole on demand and the other constantly feeding back to tank , when he switches pole off that also goes back to tank , 2 pumps back to tank .

So what does NWH have ?

nigel has the same set up as me and plugs back in manually after cleaning his work.....no second pump.....

« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2018, 08:25:17 pm »
“flow on 40 and thats gushing out of my jets!thermostat reads 40-50c after 30 mins on recirculation on full heat......brush end varies of course but with hardly any hose off the reel i cant keep my hand under the flow its too hot!im getting 40-50c at brush head on a 10c-15c  ambient air temperature day with say 40m off the reel,less with 100m out....“

Thanks Daz il try and see but I’m guessing something is not quiet right on my grippa set up

Dry Clean

« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2018, 08:26:34 pm »

So what does NWH have ?

If qualified doctors haven't been able to work out what NWH has then I don't think Dazmond will know.lol

P @ F

« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2018, 08:29:58 pm »
So  both of you work the same , you have house after house constantly but Nigel has a bit of a jaunt between most jobs ?
If this is right then I see how he has the upper hand with temps , I think LPM flow rates at the brush must make a vast difference also , any ideas what you each get ?
Im doing my homework for a self build if you hadnt guessed  ;D

deeege

« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2018, 08:39:52 pm »
12 pages of NWH telling us how amazingly hot his water is, far hotter than Daz’s infact, whilst guessing at the heat the whole time.

If only there was a way that water temperature could be measured to stop all the guessing..........
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Dry Clean

« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2018, 08:45:30 pm »
So  both of you work the same , you have house after house constantly but Nigel has a bit of a jaunt between most jobs ?
If this is right then I see how he has the upper hand with temps , I think LPM flow rates at the brush must make a vast difference also , any ideas what you each get ?
Im doing my homework for a self build if you hadnt guessed  ;D

If these heaters are thermostatically controlled then it shouldn't matter what the temperature of the tank water is, example if its set to 50degrees then it will just use less power if the tank water is warmer.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #234 on: November 27, 2018, 08:52:55 pm »
Nigel's heater is run on methanol, I fear Nigel may be drinking it too!! ;D

Not only does hot clean better, but now "hot" hot cleans even better than just hot!
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2018, 09:00:30 pm »
Next to the Hosereels I have a recirculating pipe I plug straight back in when I’m back to van when reeled in,this means the heater is never shutting down I don’t dead end the pole either.

NWH

« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2018, 09:06:33 pm »
If anyone wants to buy my old heatwave there quiet welcome for the DIYer 650 you can take it away all new internals with a new frostat controller.

NWH

« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2018, 09:08:35 pm »
Brand new inline frost probe and new usb plug and cable for diagnostic tests,the probe is £100 on its own.

P @ F

« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2018, 09:09:22 pm »
See this is my point , although its controlled however how , for 4.5k I would want a dial I could turn to get the temp I wanted at brush head , but from what I have just read its still down to so many variables .
Im no worse of with my L5 really , to get 35 at the head on a 5*c day with most of my hose out Im on the lowest gas setting , if its between 5*c and lower I just pick a spot no further than the first increment of the 3 only the boiler .
Its been the same for the last 8 years , and not failed or blown my eyebrows off yet , touch wood  ;D
I had been hoping to get away from the gas this year but funds and time will not allow ! 

dazmond

« Reply #239 on: November 27, 2018, 09:11:13 pm »
12 pages of NWH telling us how amazingly hot his water is, far hotter than Daz’s infact, whilst guessing at the heat the whole time.

If only there was a way that water temperature could be measured to stop all the guessing..........

Exactly Danny....I've tested mine with a temperature tds meter.....