dd

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2018, 09:44:31 pm »
I connect it up to my belled end just like you ddddo every night
That probably takes more than 20 seconds.

P @ F

« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2018, 10:06:53 pm »
Cheers Spruce , I have seen all those except for the Andover guys system actually running , I could never get it to play but your link worked for some reason !
Its a pity the hillbilly never did a follow on as that would have been more like what I had mentioned , perhaps it did not work and he did not want to show it !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2018, 10:13:07 pm »
Like I said I wanted another 1 the 9kw and I haven’t spent much money this year on tools equipment,a couple of years ago I spent little and ended up paying a lot more tax.
On another thread you boast of making £50 for 15-20 mins work.....then you moan about your tax bill😂😂😂😂

P @ F

« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2018, 10:13:38 pm »
What air heater do you have Spruce ?
Any idea what temp air you get on full whack ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2018, 10:42:32 pm »
Yeah and I’ve got plenty of jobs like that that’s what I’m saying you 🍩 if you don’t spend any money or you don’t have any expenses you’ll pay it in tax,last year I only spent about 6 grand or the year before,my tax bill almost doubled.
When I questioned my increase I was told I’d not spent enough through the business ie the increase,I could easily go vat if I wanted to work past 12 and then pick the kids up 😂

NWH

« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2018, 10:44:28 pm »
Like I said I wanted another 1 the 9kw and I haven’t spent much money this year on tools equipment,a couple of years ago I spent little and ended up paying a lot more tax.
On another thread you boast of making £50 for 15-20 mins work.....then you moan about your tax bill😂😂😂😂
The way you’ve commented I take it you don’t have many jobs like that then,is that a good earner to you is  it 50 for 20 minutes work lol.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2018, 12:20:53 am »
Yeah and I’ve got plenty of jobs like that that’s what I’m saying you 🍩 if you don’t spend any money or you don’t have any expenses you’ll pay it in tax,last year I only spent about 6 grand or the year before,my tax bill almost doubled.
When I questioned my increase I was told I’d not spent enough through the business ie the increase,I could easily go vat if I wanted to work past 12 and then pick the kids up 😂
Are you really that thick that you needed your expenses explained to you😲

KS Cleaning

« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2018, 12:32:39 am »
The way you’ve commented I take it you don’t have many jobs like that then,is that a good earner to you is  it 50 for 20 minutes work lol.
I would get chased if I was extracting that kind of money out of my customers😘

NWH

« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2018, 09:55:34 am »
Get chased 😂 been cleaning windas a long time I’ve sorted more wheat from chaff than you’ve had hot dinners

p1w1

« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2018, 10:35:02 am »
Get chased 😂 been cleaning windas a long time I’ve sorted more wheat from chaff than you’ve had hot dinners
Wow that does surprise me..going by what you post i thought you would be around 12-13 years of age  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2018, 10:36:42 am »
Are you really that thick that you needed your expenses explained to you😲

Even in this day and age some self-employed people are unable to distinguish between the amount of tax they pay and the level of disposable income.

NWH

« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2018, 10:45:07 am »
Depends how much you earn and what tax you pay,I still speak to some that say oh I only pay 1500-2000 grand a year and that’s over jan and July lol. They must have a cash based business. 😂

Slacky

« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2018, 10:57:05 am »
Depends how much you earn and what tax you pay,I still speak to some that say oh I only pay 1500-2000 grand a year and that’s over jan and July lol. They must have a cash based business. 😂

Assuming you're on the lower rate of tax, for every £ you earn after any allowances you will pay somewhere in the region of 29% in tax and national insurance. Leaving you with 71% of what you've turned over, forget operating costs, thats not what we're talking about.

Now, if you choose to go out and buy something with the sole purpose of avoiding paying or lowering your tax bill for every £ you earn you will be left with nothing. 
You'll pay less tax, but that 71% that was mentioned in the previous paragraph, that would otherwise be in your pocket and disposable, wont exist at all.

You're worse off for trying to save a few pennies in tax.

NWH

« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2018, 11:31:01 am »
Like you say it depends.

NWH

« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2018, 11:32:52 am »
What are you saying then you’d rather pay more tax rather than have a lower tax bill and have the benefits of having new equipment.

Jonny 87

« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2018, 11:55:51 am »
What are you saying then you’d rather pay more tax rather than have a lower tax bill and have the benefits of having new equipment.

So let’s say for round numbers.......

Your bank account has £10,000 in it.

You  meet up with your accountant and You know you’ve got a potential tax bill coming up of £5,000.

You would like to pay less (who doesn’t)

So you decide to buy some equipment totalling £5,000.

That purchase would reduce your tax bill by roughly £1,450.

So your financial position.......

Starting bank balance  £10,000
Purchase of £5,000
your bank balance is down to £5,000.
Your tax bill is now reduced to £3,550.

Essentially if your sole purpose was to save money by purchasing equipment, then you’ve just cost yourself an extra £3550.

The easiest way to think of it is, whatever you purchase, calculate 29% of the price, and that’s what you reduce your tax bill by.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Status Check

« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2018, 12:09:59 pm »
A better way to do it would be to buy on finance a capital asset like a van or expensive equipment like a diesel heater then claim the whole amount as capital allowance. This would reduce your tax bill but not hurt your pocket as much.

Spruce

« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2018, 12:43:39 pm »
What air heater do you have Spruce ?
Any idea what temp air you get on full whack ?

An Eberspacher Airtronic 5kw. I don't know what heat it actually puts out but it warms up the cabin area of my Citroen Relay nicely and for me that's what its there for. I have an internal temperature probe in the courtesy light cluster of my van. The temperature controller is set to control the heater's output around 25 degrees in the cabin.  That's warm enough to thaw me out when I'm 'frozen'.
My heater is fitted inside the cargo area. The air is drawn from the cabin, heated and returned to the cabin.

I also must add that I have a steel bulkhead which separates the load area  from the cabin. The same heater hardly makes an indent on a lwb motor home conversion on the temperature scale. This is noted on many motorhome forums.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Slacky

« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2018, 01:56:30 pm »
Like you say it depends.

Ah, no I didn’t say that, at all.

a900

« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2018, 11:14:47 am »
So 5 kw is thermotop c
And 9 kw is thermo pro 90
Thanks for that !

Next question is .... What is the temp of the coolant before it goes into the heat exchanger and what sort of Lpm it pumps it at ?
I’m just having another of my brainwaves in DIY world 😁

5 years ago I thought about making my own version with a few additions of my own.

So I put this together with the view of then fitting it into a box.

Firstly the diesel heater is a Thermo Top C and its a universal variant. A diesel heater from a Rover 75 will work as will one from a Citroen C5 and C8. The universal units are available ex narrow boat and yachts. Mine came from a refurbisher.
Vehicle specifical Thermo Tops for BMW and others that integrate into the vehicles Canbus do not work, no matter what the Ebay sellers say. (I'v got a BMW one here in the garage that doesn't work.)

You will need a wiring harness, a fuel pump and in some cases a water pump. A 1531 controller is also a plus although cheaper digital controllers or a standard on/off switch will work.

When I played around with this the water temperature in the tank was 9 degrees. With the heater working flat out the temperature at the brush head was 35 degrees after 100 meters of hose, most of which was coiled on the hose reel. The water leaving the heat exchanger to go back to the boiler via the header was cold. That heat exchanger zapped every scrap of heat from the hot water.

I believed that 5kw would support heating 2 hose reels. According to the calculator I used, raising 1.5lpm of water through 26 degrees should have only used 2.65kw, so the rest of the heat was being lost, mainly through the exhaust. That put me off a bit.

The idea of the 3rd heat exchanger was to connect it up to a third pump that would be controlled using a digital temperature controller. This was my automatic control solution to ensure the furnace remained running when I stopped to chat to people.

The cycle of a Thermo Top C is that it takes around 90 seconds to fully start. It will burn on full heat mode until the water its heating gets up to 74 degrees C. At 74 degrees the heater goes into half heat mode.  Once the temperature of the heated water reaches 77 degrees the heater goes in power down mode, which takes around 90 seconds.

Now if you start to draw heat from the heating circuit when the water is 75 degrees, the heater will stay in half heat mode until it drops to 68 degrees C is memory serves me. So the idea was to program the digital controller to kick a pump in at 75 degrees and switch it off at 70 degrees C and bleed that hot water into the tank.

The problem with diesel heaters is getting them out of heating sync. So if I talked to a customer for a while and the heater went into its shutdown cycle I would have to wait for at least 3 minutes before the heater switched off and then restarted. By then the water at the brush head was cold as I had zapped all the heat from it and because I'm still working the temperature will take a long time before it starts to heat the water up. I will probably have completed the next house using mainly cold water. Once I stop working the heater then has a chance to catch up. This will probably mean the heater again goes into shutdown mode. This is the reason why NWH and a few others redirect the water to the tank on route to the next customer.

These things are primarily engine preheaters. So they start and warm up the coolant in the engine block. When the temperature of the coolant water reaches 30 degrees the unit will switch on the internal blower motor so defrosting the windscreen and warming the cabin. This process will take around 30 minutes, so the programmer will switch off after 30 minutes unless you set it to stay on longer. The heater shuts off at 77 degrees C as that is before the vehicles cooling thermostat starts to open.
Its pointless pumping that hot water through the radiator to be cooled by it.

That has to be the most informative post I have found on the web about these heaters.

What heat exchangers were you using. The Webasto ones are pricy and the options on eBay for not to much money are in kw. I presumed 66kw would be about right