Jay Le Huray

Lee Pryor
« on: March 13, 2019, 08:05:27 am »
why is it that every time Lee starts a thread it nearly always gets locked due to abuse by fellow members of this forum?

personally I enjoy reading his threads and if I were20 years younger (now 65) I would most likely take on his attitude to the business, get  a few tips from him and expand my business big time.

so for crying out load leave the guy alone and let him share his experiences, a lot of people can learn from it

cleaniac

Re: Lee Pryor
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:45:18 am »
I don't understand it either tbh. I think the majority of negative posters on this forum are simply unable to grasp or understand that this is fundamentally a business.

I get alot of abuse about my next date system, its funny because oddbods also operate like that, and they run a very slick operation. My rounds operate like clockwork, everyone is happy with my regularity and they appreciate the date system, it sets me apart from the knuckle dragging lazy, ill decide if i will work today bunch.

The window cleaning game is hard enough on your mental health, with the appalling weather, and customers attitudes sometimes, you'd have thought that a forun would be a good way to vent, but all you get is abuse.

Yes i find window cleaning boring, yes i struggle with the weather, and sometimes my outlook on things, but i keep pressing on, and im trying to just get on with it and know that my goal of getting another van and employee is getting closer and closer.

Its taking longer than i expected though. I have to admit the weather this month, and the saturated market, this morning i saw no less than 7 window cleaning vans..

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 05:33:13 pm »
Lee "Loctite" Pryor..... the thread-lock kid!😄😄
Comfortably Numb!

Dave Alexander

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 09:12:26 am »
Like Lee, we also operate a multi van setup, and I must say that I do enjoy reading his posts, as an experienced operator, I cannot find fault with anything I have read in his posts/advice.He should not have to endure any form of harasament from what can only be best described as keyboard warriors. The purpose of these forums, surely should be for the sharing of positive information between like minded individuals and in doing so, create a learning trail for newcomers to the trade, who come here seeking advice.I have looked on with amusement as threads have been hijacked and filled with diatribe by individuals with a clear lack of any business acumen or real experience.I agree with another poster that this type of behaviour can be off putting to more experienced members who simply cannot be bothered with the drama, this is a loss to the community.Lee is spot on when he says that he should be able to ban/block nay sayers from his threads,he is also on the money when he says that moderators should probably do a bit more moderating.
Any forum on any topic will have it fair share of participants, who just like the sound of their own voice this is fair enough, but when an informative post is closed due to their actions, it's time to have a re-think.
I wonder what these keyboard warriors would have to say if they were stood in front of you looking eye to eye, that is if you could get them to look you in the eye and not your shoulder, chest, knees, boots, the sky etc.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 09:18:58 am »
Thank you Dave.

Dave is clearly another example of someone with the potential to offer a lot here and perhaps doesnt as he sees whats happening to others that do.

Makes for a great forum doesnt it.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:19:35 am »
From another thread ... it applies here and elsewhere.

A "heads up" now.

I'm off to shine some glass - when I come back I shall look at the forum as is my wont  - if I find that this thread has turned into a Lee Pryor/Dry Clean bashing each other with the usual suspects chiming in then it will be locked and bans meted out. Protests of "he is worse than me" or "he started it" will not wash.

That is if other mods or Forum admin haven't beaten me to it.

Be nice folks - we can all offer a lot to each other or we can destroy camaraderie by getting into an insulting and abusive pattern of behaviour.
It's a game of three halves!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 04:39:30 pm »
If everybody likes you , your not doing very well ;-) people spout such anger over the internet on people they have never met

chris turner

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 07:34:26 pm »
Can we have a "dislike" button please...

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 11:18:37 pm »
Like Lee, we also operate a multi van setup, and I must say that I do enjoy reading his posts, as an experienced operator, I cannot find fault with anything I have read in his posts/advice.He should not have to endure any form of harasament from what can only be best described as keyboard warriors. The purpose of these forums, surely should be for the sharing of positive information between like minded individuals and in doing so, create a learning trail for newcomers to the trade, who come here seeking advice.I have looked on with amusement as threads have been hijacked and filled with diatribe by individuals with a clear lack of any business acumen or real experience.I agree with another poster that this type of behaviour can be off putting to more experienced members who simply cannot be bothered with the drama, this is a loss to the community.Lee is spot on when he says that he should be able to ban/block nay sayers from his threads,he is also on the money when he says that moderators should probably do a bit more moderating.
Any forum on any topic will have it fair share of participants, who just like the sound of their own voice this is fair enough, but when an informative post is closed due to their actions, it's time to have a re-think.
I wonder what these keyboard warriors would have to say if they were stood in front of you looking eye to eye, that is if you could get them to look you in the eye and not your shoulder, chest, knees, boots, the sky etc.

I think the way some people come on hear acting like the big  I am gets people’s backs up , I don’t have any interest in expanding my buisness I have three vans and want to cut back not build ,  the Lee Pryor s of this world are in the minority , not many could or want to do what he has done , and he has done very well but I think he comes over as my way is the only way , maybe he doesn’t mean to but that’s how it comes over to me a lot of the time , I read lees threads ,and sometimes I agree with what he sais sometimes I don’t that doesn’t make him right or me wrong or the other way round , we are all successful in what we do with our own buisness weather we turn over a few hundred a month or tens of thousands , is irrelevant we all do what we want and need , he appears to be trying to be saying see me in my 70k Bmw , a lot of us on hear have expensive flash cars but don’t  flaunt it or make out that we are better than others who don’t have them . The type of buisness that Lee has built up and continues to build won’t apply to 99% of us on hear so I think what he posts is of very little interest to most on this forum ,I think it would be better posted on a forum of how to build a successful buisness learn from me . I don’t think the comments made by some have been right by a long chalk but I do t think it’s jealousy it’s just they don’t agree with his way of doing things , but that’s up to each and everyone of us to run our buisness as we want to run them that’s why we set up our own buisness surely?  I personaly think Lee has taken the bait cast out by some on hear posting earnings etc I think he’s very foolish doing that anyone can read theses posts and that includes potential or existing customers I don’t think some of what has been posted would go down to well .

Dry Clean

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 07:23:20 am »
To be honest I'm starting to agree with the op about having a separate look at me section where you cant be challenged or criticised, this would then keep the window cleaning section free for those who can handle it,  as I keep saying if you want to talk business you have to be able to talk about it warts and all and just because somebody has x amounts of vans or whatever doesn't mean they got there by the best road possible.

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 07:34:27 am »
Depends what your definition of ‘best road possible’ is.

Dry Clean

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 07:41:22 am »

Exactly, but just because my opinion of the best road may differ from yours doesn't mean I'm jealous of you,hate you or it shouldn't be heard.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 09:08:09 am »
Surely, if you have not travelled 'the road' you wont know what is best. Just a thought.  ;D

cleaniac

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 09:30:15 am »
Well you certainty dont want to be sitting on the m25

Dry Clean

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 10:48:19 am »
Surely, if you have not travelled 'the road' you wont know what is best. Just a thought.  ;D

Most business advisors wont have travelled the road, but it ( Im trying to be polite as I want to make a genuine point) would be foolish to think that just because you are further down the road the ones coming behind you aren't or dont know how to do it  better.

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 10:58:59 am »

Most business advisors wont have travelled the road, but it ( Im trying to be polite as I want to make a genuine point) would be foolish to think that just because you are further down the road the ones coming behind you aren't or dont know how to do it  better.

This point i totally agree with.
Often ones say " i have x years of experience"  not just in this tade but in all walks of life. Yet that doesnt always translate as doing it right for x amount of years.
In addition if everyone ttavelled the same route, than innovation would be lost.  Its via diverting and finding whats best for yourself that true advancement can be made.

I love listening to radio1 whilst working and i enjoy alot of songs and i think the person singing their own song is amazing, as they are the ones who have wrote it and experimented with it and their the ones who have got several number ones. Then comes the "live lounge" and another singer puts their spin/take on it and take the song to a conpletely different level!
Just saying
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 11:28:16 am »

Exactly, but just because my opinion of the best road may differ from yours doesn't mean I'm jealous of you,hate you or it shouldn't be heard.
However if the way express your difference of opinion with aggression and rudeness it's hard to escape jumping to the conclusion that you're jealous or harbour a personal animosity.

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:08 am »

That doesn't mean they dont know better either. They could be vastly better 'qualified' and equipped/able to undertake business decisions and carry them out efficiently, effectively and productively. It could be one reason why one person is behind and they're not.

Slacky

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:34 am »

However if the way express your difference of opinion with aggression and rudeness it's hard to escape jumping to the conclusion that you're jealous or harbour a personal animosity.

He does, and he'll deny it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 11:53:31 am »

I called Lee a idiot on the same day that you called me, Tosh and one other member on here the same, infect if you go back and look at the locked thread it was your aggression more than mine that got it locked, I have never threatened Lee and when it comes to personal attacks its never been  anything much worse than calling him an idiot, as I said before you need to take a good look in the mirror before accusing anybody on here of bad behaviour.