robbo333

Water Flow Problem can anyone help!
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:22:46 am »
I've just fitted about 80m of microbore to my reel.

When I turn the controller on, I get an initial burst of water (which I used to get) but then it suddenly drops right down for a second or two before coming up to normal flow. That drop in flow is really annoying.  I've never had this problem before.

I've used it for about half a day and also recalibrated the old Pure Freedom controller (it calibrated to 26), but it still does it.

Any ideas would be welcome.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

nathankaye

Re: Water Flow Problem can anyone help!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:28:30 am »
Do you have an inline filter b4 the pump? One from purefreedom?
These problems are normally related to air being trapped. I normally stick a  tub below it and slightly undo the clear lid and clear the air untill it fills to the brim with water and then fasten and run the pump on full.
Water may splutter coming out the bruah but this will be thame last bit of air escaping.

Thats what i do anyway and it helps me.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:23 am »
Could also be the 4 sec cycle the controller goes through due to the dead end feature. This would have been less noticeable if your previous hose had a larger bore. I think microbore has 6mm ID as opposed to 8mm of the minibore.
The minibore will expand more under pressure holding more water. By the time that water has expelled when you open your tap the circuit will kick in and you won't have noticed the delay. The microbore however, won't hold as much water under pressure so the delay is more noticeable and will present exactly as you have described
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 11:53:31 am »
Would agree with both above comments. The smaller bore will effect the pump current draw due to changes in how the hose expands and pressures. The controller is cycling the pump because calibration is to low for the new set up.

The suggestion is
1. When running auto cal, Set the flow rate to your preferred value, if you can safely stand the pole up and run auto cal, Cam value will likely come out higher than 26.
2. Manually increase the cal value by 10 from its current setting

Depending on your preferred flow rate a cal value of 50 or so is fine 
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 11:58:04 am »
Thanks Nat, I don't have a filter (although I know I should).

Thanks M&C. My previous setup was a bit cobbled together: 50 metres of Gardiners reinforced pole hose attached to 20 metres of 8mm ID. It worked fantastic for about 5 years, but the hose is completely knackered and swollen considerably. Thought I'd now try Microbore.

Thanks Ian, off to give it a go.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 12:19:39 pm »
I have been having flow trouble slightly since it’s not so cold,I have 100 of microbore what’s the average cal for a high flow again,I’ve lost my last setting I wrote down.
Thanks

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 12:23:52 pm »
Hi Ian

Thanks for your advice.

I recalibrated as you suggested and got a reading of 30. I've upped this to 50 and it seems to have worked. I now have a high continuous flow, and I can feel the pressure is there.

Thanks again.