Cleanevangelist

How Do You Feel About This Question?
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:38:39 am »
Guys

we all like to clean for hygiene. Those dirty jobs make good images but they do send out the wrong message. but how do you educate people on cleaning  for hygiene without crossing the preaching or OCD line.

so how does this sound

What Is The Connection Between Washing You Hands And Carpet Cleaning?
Answer: We do it for hygiene reasons and because they are not dirty most of the time.

Respects

Ian

Mike Halliday

Re: How Do You Feel About This Question?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:23:50 pm »
If you are using this question/ answer  technique in a marketing item then it’s too long winded and wishy-washy and as a headline it’s again too much thinking.

How about this headline which hints towards the same thing but maybe would require a sub heading

Hand washing Vs carpet cleaning............who would win in the  cleaning Grand Prix ??
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 04:03:42 pm »
Thanks mike

no its a headline to promote our after care package that includes a hygiene part.

BTW thought you be interested in this

https://www.loquax.co.uk/promoters/facebook.htm

rules here

https://www.facebook.com/policies/pages_groups_events/#

Respects

Ian

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 04:49:06 pm »
To be honest Ian i’m at the moment ignoring Facebook, it does not reap the rewards for effort compared to my other marketing. I can see in the future this attitude might have to change but for now i’m leaving it alone.

When I see someone booking £220-£300 suite cleaning & living rooms at £140 from facebook I might take notice but the prices I see are 3 rooms for £50, suites at £45.

I’d rather put my time  into marketing that has a proven track record of bringing in high quality work
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 06:02:46 pm »
My sentiments exactly Mike why spend good time in a bad area for your company it doesn’t make sense.

Elfyn

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 05:58:46 pm »
If you ask your customers, they will tell you that they want carpets that look clean and aren't interested in hygenically clean carpets.
I agree with the others - facebook only attracts time wasters and people looking for a very cheap job.

homenclean

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 07:38:39 pm »
Yes loads around our end at the moment advertising 3 rooms £50 I would charge around  £110 then there’s the bate and switch bunch no1 carpet cleaners followed b6 a guy using google pay per click and charging £60 for a suite can’t work out how they do it or why they would want to do it.

I’m not expensive but these guys blow me out the water on price - lounge carpet and suite £60.00 crazy.

Then you hear the story’s of the aftermath a suite 5 days to dry, sqelshy carpets, damage to property through careless work.

All this but people are always drawn in by cheap.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 10:35:01 am »
As the most sceptical of sceptics, we set out to give Facebook a try, primarily as a means to be able to communicate with a lot of our clients in one click and that aspect of it works very well indeed.
Having heard all the stories, ‘Oh Facebook is only populated by price shoppers,’ we were even more sceptical at the prospect of generating any sales through it, but low and behold we do and - at our price!
We’ve run a few competitions and that has boosted the number of likes and through that increased the number of potential customers, all without having spent an money at all.

The myth is that because Facebook is populated by price-shoppers you can’t do good business. But how can that be true? Facebook members come from every possible walk of life, its like a compendium of humanity, so to say that they only have one shopping mindset - the cheapest simply isn’t true.
I am astonished at having made so little effort, spent zero cash, that Facebook provides a steady trickle of jobs, yes we get what everyone calls, ‘price-shoppers,’ but who doesn’t through whatever medium?
The one aspect that is lost in the negative notions of Facebook as a price shoppers paradise and is therefore to be avoided is that there is a bigger dynamic at work. Yes, of course it is all about sales, but sales come to you through lots of different routes and long term exposure to your company is really what it is all about and whether we like it or not Facebook is where our customers are at, yes even the older generations and yes, even people that are as turned off by a cheap and cheerful carpet cleaning price as they are anywhere else.
If you look at the Facebook as a medium that has to produce immediate sales for it to be worthwhile then your likely to be disappointed, but if you’re a bit savvy with it and are prepared to play a slightly longer game, you can boost your business profile, get in front of the right type of client that may not need your services today but when they do......
The mistake is in thinking that you have to price match the cheap guys in order to get a share of the pie, but you don’t you just go fishing in a different pond.