cleaniac

Re: this is my patch
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2019, 06:37:58 pm »
Hard men, haha. More like lard men.

Its very easy to write the tough guy talk on these forums, im sure most of us feel like king kongs lovechild with bruce lee when it comes to our so called self defence abilities. But the fact of the matter is until you have really been in a situation that actually has threatened your life, even if you have the ability to do deal with it, the risks and circumstances at the time are just not in your favour even if you manage to fight, you can end up killing the aggressor and have to deal with the ramifications of that.

When i was very young, my father used to teach at the local karate club, he is and was a 2nd dan brown belt (two white stripes) and used to do many competitions. He also used the katana and nunchucks for some demonstrations.

Growing up, i was a very difficult child at school, and would always be fighting. I dont remember the full thing what happened, but was only 4 years old and i was already in trouble for biting a kids ear in half. Yeah..i know. And was always in touble for hitting and hurting other kids.

At about the age of 9 my dad thought teaching me karate would train me to be less agressive. And it did, it calmed me down and improved my behaviour so i became a student at the karate club and really enjoyed it.

Anyway fast forward to 14 years old, and there was this bully who for whatever reason kept goading me to fight him, naturally i refused, and this went on daily for 10 months.

Then one day, that was it i snapped. I agreed to fight him after art class, something i have regretted ever since.

So we arranged to fight, now my strategy was to shut him up, so i was going to let him get close tp me so i could execute a strike that will end the fight in seconds.

So i wait for my opportunity, and bang i took it, with a close proximity strike to the throat. The result was horrific and the blood that came out of his gullet all over the school patio, he collapsed instantly and the blood was a real worryingly thick deep red, and lots of it. It haunts me even now.

He was rushed to hospital with a very serious Esophageal Rupture, and took.3 months to recover. I got into alot of trouble over it, and became the most unliked guy in school for the rest of the year..seriously i wanst spoken to and it wasnt a nice position to be in.

So after that i decided that fighing is the last resort, like literally only if my life is on the line. I have met tough guys since and i just avoid confrontation because it just reminds me how bad it can turn out.

G Griffin

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2019, 07:48:18 pm »
I love the reference to sorting things out like a “real man”. Lol!

I’ve known a few people like that in my life, those who like to use their fists and size to intimidate and even assault. Without exception they have all come to a sticky end.

One bloke I knew ended up doing over 10 years in prison for assaulting someone (who turned out to be innocent). His mrs didn’t like the way the bloke looked at her and did the whole “I’ll show you” thing. So her bloke grabbed and then pounded him. Turned out he was disabled and had a lazy eye. Really smart move meat head, 10 year sentence.

Another bloke I knew of used to be similar, think he was the local hard man who’d sort things out for himself. Of course eventually he messed with the wrong bloke and ended up hiding from an organised crime gang and then (when they found him) he became a wheelchair user for the rest of his life.

The problem with knuckle dragging buffoons is this...there’s always a bigger fish.

You have  to be sensible if you are going to assault someone at least goad them into making the first move....then it's self defence. Like you say going around hitting anyone that looks at you the wrong way is going to end up with you in jail or come across the wrong person.

To be fair in this instance I would say Susan's husband was justified if the window cleaner was physically pushing the employee about then a physical response was warranted.....I thought the cleaner had merely said a few words to the employee and he went overboard.. .

Of course when someone threatens your kids it's a different matter...most dad's would happily do jail time or end up in a wheelchair to protect their children.

I don't think most Dads would do jail time or end up in a wheelchair for their kids.

Most dads would stop and think 'Hmm, how are my kids going to get by if I'm in the pan or in a wheelchair?'

wow you must not have any kids ? all the dads  i know would kill for there baby girls and more ! doesn't matter how old girls get 99% of dads still look at there daughters as there babys , my  dad did right up to his death   for the wheel chair thing guess he was a trad rat ?  ;D
Ridiculous post.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2019, 08:12:32 pm »
I can understand where your coming from marc. I also dont like physically confronting people, mostly because i dont trust myself in that given situation. Like you through growing up you meet various confrontations as i suppose many of us do. Also im my case it has never faired well for the other person.
Its funny though how some dont get/understand that though and they see a meek person trying to calm a situation down or trying to avoid a situation from escalating as a sign of weakness or being scared.
Certainly letting loose on competition and loud mouths however is certainly an area that should be avoided at all times.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

capn sparkle

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2019, 10:14:50 pm »
In Susans husbands defence - he was protecting his daughter and worker from some idiots who told them that this is THEIR patch. Susan’s team don’t go round telling people it’s their patch

bang on , the guy in the carpark was pushing the young emplyee around all 8 stone of him asking him if he wanted his " go " well the young lad didnt but  the hubby did  ;D funny how the other guy didnt when 20 stone drags you out the window

the 2nd time my daughter was told if she was seen here again she would get a slap , nothing in the world could stop them after she rang her dad , he sorts things out the real way like a man , no need to cry to the law , if your banging your chest being ten men then you need to deal with it when ten men come knocking quick and simple

I'm not suggesting Susans hubby dealt with the situation in  the best possible way - but?

Who's not read the occasional reports in the papers when an Ex boxer or WW2 veteran has dealt with a burglar or street mugger by giving the plonker a good hiding - Warm fuzzy feeling if was my mum or an elderly relative - isn't a democracy about defending the weak and those who are unable to defend themselves? 

G Griffin

Re: this is my patch New
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2019, 10:52:27 pm »
Not usually how I'd define democracy but.......
Who defends the bloke against 20 stones dragging him through a window with his hair?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2019, 12:24:24 am »
I reckon most people respond with violence because of one of the following reasons, or a combination of them or possibly all three:

1: They dont know how to talk to someone, more specificaly they dont know how to talk to someone without losing their temper.

2: Its how their role-model dealt with things.

3: Theyre scared.  Most probably wont even know theyre scared, they're not able to identify that feeling inside as being fear.  Afterall, being its just a knee jerk response how could they identify it, theyve been doing it for 40 years, its just second nature. 

Its not exactly a trait to be admired or to adopt as a positive character value.