AuRavelling79

Re: New Van/System-advice please
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 07:18:54 pm »
My back reel sits in a tray made up of 3" x 2" and ply. It is semi permanently fixed in place.

BUT if I do want to take it out to go at right angles or back on itself due to parking issues I lift it out and put it on the floor.
It's a game of three halves!

Dry Clean

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 07:33:42 pm »
Oh dear the children are fighting again over who's got the best toys, Plankton is right, many shiners  don't get on with a fixed reel so buy a decent reel and if you find you get on with it being fixed you can then upgrade to something better,

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 08:15:22 am »
Thank you for taking the time to reply guys. Quite a bit of info to think about. I think upon reflection a bigger van might be unnecessary. A 500 litre sounds good to me. I currently have a combo and is running fine (8 year old) so it might be an idea to experiment so to speak with a non top of the range system (just a decent pump/hose reel etc) and once used to working with a hose reel perhaps upgrade to a new van then.

I would rather get someone to fit it all for me as I am completely clueless from a DIY point of view.

Any suggestions on who can fit in the Suffolk area?

Also how much tax would you actually save if you did go all in? I was told it’s only 18% a year as a sole trader and you keep claiming the vehicle until it’s valieless. Also not being VAT registered there is no point buying a commercial van with vat as can’t claim it back.

Thank you Darren for offer of coming up. Where in norfolk are you? I am Ipswich Suffolk based.

So much to think about......cheers again guys

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 08:45:31 am »
Ps I’ve heard about K systems who are local in Suffolk. Might be worth giving them a call. Shouldn’t be too expensive ( I hope) as it’s a delivery system only

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 08:54:49 am »
PPS really dumb question... so not having a fixed reel makes it in theory a bit like the backpack way I’ve been working? Just lift reel out of van on certain harder to access(parking areas) and off you go?

Having  said that would a fixed reel with the addition of a backpack (for those jobs you can’t park as well) be a good option? Sorry for such dumb questions... I’m completely new to the hose reel side of things.

Also it was mentioned a system would have a higher flow than 60psi but isn’t 60psi more than enough? I’ve never had complaints from working with my backpack

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 09:21:34 am »
Thank you for taking the time to reply guys. Quite a bit of info to think about. I think upon reflection a bigger van might be unnecessary. A 500 litre sounds good to me. I currently have a combo and is running fine (8 year old) so it might be an idea to experiment so to speak with a non top of the range system (just a decent pump/hose reel etc) and once used to working with a hose reel perhaps upgrade to a new van then.

I would rather get someone to fit it all for me as I am completely clueless from a DIY point of view.

I have a vauxhall combo Lwb I have a 400 grippatank system in the back with internal and external hose ports meaning I can have the hose real fixed in or out as I choose.
With a 1 ton payload its a great size van and could easily hold a 500. On the odd job I can take extra  barrels if needed but all my work is fairly close.

The van is up for sale shortly with no vat and located in Hertfordshire if your looking for a second hand van and system drop me an email or call and I can send you more info.
info@cghwindowcleaning.co.uk

Any suggestions on who can fit in the Suffolk area?

Also how much tax would you actually save if you did go all in? I was told it’s only 18% a year as a sole trader and you keep claiming the vehicle until it’s valieless. Also not being VAT registered there is no point buying a commercial van with vat as can’t claim it back.

Thank you Darren for offer of coming up. Where in norfolk are you? I am Ipswich Suffolk based.

So much to think about......cheers again guys

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 09:22:50 am »
I have a vauxhall combo Lwb I have a 400 grippatank system in the back with internal and external hose ports meaning I can have the hose real fixed in or out as I choose.
With a 1 ton payload its a great size van and could easily hold a 500. On the odd job I can take extra  barrels if needed but all my work is fairly close.

The van is up for sale shortly with no vat and located in Hertfordshire if your looking for a second hand van and system drop me an email or call and I can send you more info.
info@cghwindowcleaning.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 09:47:47 am »
Thank you CGH. My combo still has some life in it yet so may be a bit unnecessary to buy another van. What age is it? Colour etc?

Would you sell just the system? Will drop you an email bit later mate

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 09:50:05 am »
Is that the silver van on your website?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 09:56:53 am »
Cgh have sent you an email. Cheers

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 01:43:59 pm »
I did forget to mention I only do around 4-5000 miles a year. All my work is local. When the time is right I can’t decode whether to go with a combo size van (maybe 400 litres) or go with the vivaro size and maybe a 500-600 litre. I have no plans to have anyone working for me as quite happy as a one man band but I would like the space to be able to carry barrels and a backpack etc in case I got in trouble on the road.

Plus the tax thing is tempting because In theory a percentage of the van I wouldn’t even be paying for.....

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 03:29:45 pm »
a mid size van like a connect L2 240 or a peugeot expert 2.0L can easily take a 500L tank with plenty of room left for your poles,hose reel etc,no need for a vivaro size van unless you plan on expanding or pressure washing/guttervacing......easier to manoeuvre in tight spaces/driveways too......
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 04:36:20 pm »
We’re in martham  - approx 10 miles east of Norwich ( on the broads with Yarmouth just down the road)

If you fancy a drive over let me know

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 07:55:17 pm »
Thanks again. I may well drive up at some point Darren. Cheers for the offer. I did look at the Peugeot expert and L2 and they do look like smart vans. Maybe that’s the ideal van to go for. I quote like the newer combos also the LWB ones as they have a ton payload. 3 good options there. Will have to price up all of them 😀

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2019, 07:02:35 pm »
Sorry to bring up again. Does anyone on here (as in other window cleaners) install any WFP Systems?

Basically want a one man set up
350 Litre tank
Pump
Hose reel
Split relay
Battery

What sort of money and who can I use? I'm in Suffolk

Thanks

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2019, 07:03:52 pm »
Delivery only. Have had one quote for £2200 for all the above mentioned.

cleaniac

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2019, 07:16:30 pm »

https://youtu.be/JO8HdzdBOzc/

How about this for a new work van?
 ;D

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2019, 07:28:08 pm »
LOL thanks for that :-)

Smudger

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2019, 09:31:13 pm »
what do you want doing - tank frame bolted in ? - shelf made for the battery - red secured ?

wiring we use a local mobile auto electrician - that's around £100 to £120. - if its basic the chap ( my team leader ) could do it - if you want him on the clock ie.. Monday to Friday it'll be around £800 give or take depending on what you want

if you want him at the weekend CIH - then I'm sure he could give you a price

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:21 am »
Hi Darran

Thanks for that. I just wanted a rough price on the following...

350 litre tank
Steel cage to match(if necessary?)
Electronic flow controller
100psi pump
1 waterworks power up reel
100 metre hose (8mm I think is the norm?)
Heavy duty leisure battery
Split Relay charger
With all fixture brass fittings tap etc.

Vauxhall Combo 2010 old shape (only 595 kg payload)

This is what I was quoted on previously. 😀