bengiles

WFP systems, free advice-- trade prices
« on: May 21, 2004, 10:51:10 am »
anyone thinking of buying a reach and wash system if you need any advice you can email me.  my company has been using WFP systems for 5 years now and have come accross most problems and the answers. even for general window cleaning, with 15 years experience we have made a lot of mistakes and now have some valuable answers like......... to remove the white limescale off of windows............all you need is bleach! honestly it works brilliantly!(need to follow COSHH though)
i was ripped off once purchasing a pole system and now make my own systems, no flashing lights, no dials just simple pure water, works really well and a system with a 460L baffled tank, de-ionizer system, spare resin, 30ft pole, 18ft pole, 8ft pole, 12 v pump, tds monitor, 100m tricoflex hose, powder coated steel hose reel comes in at about £1200 inc vat.
again if anyone want any advice just ask.
please dont think i am being big headed, just saw some of the questions onthis part of the site and have dealt with most things related to our industry.

Ben Giles

Philip Hanson

Re: WFP systems, free advice-- trade prices
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 11:47:36 am »
Thank you Ben,

It really is good to have someone willing to share their experience and advice.

May I start the ball rolling with a question?

I have an RO/DI system, but I'm thnking of getting a  DI bottle as well so that we can fill up on site too.

The tap water here is about 580ppm

How many litres would a 25 litre resin bottle produce before needing to be replaced?

Thanks

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

julian_d

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 04:20:24 pm »
Phil
heres apost from another site, you can work out exactly how much water 25l of resin will purify, and subsequently the cost at approx £65.00 per bag

An 8" diameter column 35" high holds about 22 litres of resin.  We use virgin Dow MB50 resin, and 22 litres of this resin will mop up 500,000 units of impurities.  So you divide 500,000 by the TDS of the water you're putting in, the result being the litres of water you'll get out before the resin has to be changed.  For example, if the TDS of the water from your RO is 5ppm, an 8x 35 column will produce 500,000/5 = 100,000 litres.  If you're one of the lucky ones, and your mains water is only 50ppm TDS, the same column could produce 10,000 litres, at a cost in replacement resin of only £70, and you may not need to invest in an RO.  Hope this helps!

thanks

Julian

bengiles

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 04:37:21 pm »
wow what an answer!!!

top bombing!!

if you need anything else i am here to help but if the answer the window cleaning warehosue gave is sufficient even better.

regards ben

CARLO

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 09:51:36 pm »
i am looking for some waterfed brush jets and 6mm poly hose and push-fit connectors.
, suppliers in and around the birmingham area can anyone help ?

matt

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 02:11:08 am »
Carlo

im using 4mm "hoselock stuff" looks like it will work well :)

i know others who use the same type of thing, and they say it works well :)

CARLO

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 10:10:28 pm »
thanks for that, but where do you get it from?

Stephen_Watters

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 08:54:43 pm »
Ben,

I am currently looking to purchase a system to put in a SWB Transit 2.5D. I would be very interested in looking at one of your systems. Does your system come complete with installation and training ?.

Please Email me to

sbwatters060660@aol.com

Cheers

Stephen

CARLO

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 01:57:14 am »
i'm looking for a plain fibreglass pole, no brush req, around 30 ft any ideas?

Philip Hanson

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 07:06:42 pm »
Any pole supplier will sell you that.  Ionics cheapest FG 30ft pole costs about £150 + vat

Just ask for it "sans brushe"

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 01:13:53 pm »
Ben,

we are currently looking to purchase systems to install in our vans , I would be very interested in looking at one of your systems. Does your system come complete with installation and training ?.

Please Email me with any info: just put REF: wfps in the subject line

libertynewmedia@aol.com

regards
warren

billozz

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2004, 01:39:54 am »
what does ro/di mean please
thanks
bill osborne
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

billozz

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2004, 01:46:35 am »
Ben,
We are cleaning in the usual way i.e. blading etc...but would love to get into wfp...but we dont know the first thing about them...any ideas where wee can get some startup help please
thanks
Bill Osborne
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

WavieDavie

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2004, 01:10:50 am »
what does ro/di mean please

Reverse Osmosis and De-Ionise/d/ing

Find out lots more on WFP at http://www.window-tools.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl  The site's run by a window cleaner who set up his own system, and who now manufactures and sells them full-time.

You'll see quite a few familiar names over there.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

CARLO

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 09:57:43 pm »
I AM LOOKING FOR  A DI TANK  AROUND 20-25 LITRE SIZE ANYWHERE NEAR BIRMINGHAM. ANY IDEAS.

Mick_Taylor

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 07:57:54 am »
Hi Ben
I also am interested in your system.
Can you please send me some details
Many thanks
mstaylor@blueyonder.co.uk

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2004, 10:01:48 am »
Ben,

Perhaps you can tell us how you determine the flux rate of the cross flow filtration systems you sell.

Rgds
Craig

DUTCH

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 06:07:53 pm »
HI BEN,IM ALSO INTERESTED IN YOUR SYSTEMS PLZ EMAIL ME AT :pkcleaning@hotmail.com

MANY THANX DUTCH

paul smith

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2004, 01:58:11 am »
thanks for the advice you put in this message. am thinking of doing exactly what you have done with your WFP system, never used one before ,been cleaning windows the old way for 23 years. any advice on this would be great , please send info to   Liseandpaul1665@btopenworld.com   . a chat would be good ?

wayne99

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 11:45:24 pm »
looking to buy asap so if you could mail me details ya have a sale, cheers mate,
sid1.wayne3@virgin.net
AQUA REACH, not enough hours in the day for me, wfp'r and proud of it