geefree

UP TO SPEED
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:45:43 am »
How long does it take you all to do say, a three bed semi with no obstacles, or  detached, just want to know how many of them in an hour i could do , i know im slow now and each persons round is different, just a rough guide please.. it  took me 25 mins first clean, slow dude eh ;)

craig jwc

Re: UP TO SPEED
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:53:55 am »
Takes me around 10 - 15 minutes providing they don't come out for a chat.

But thats on a good day ;D

Fast 1 *

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:04:16 am »
How long does it take you all to do say, a three bed semi with no obstacles, or  detached, just want to know how many of them in an hour i could do , i know im slow now and each persons round is different, just a rough guide please.. it  took me 25 mins first clean, slow dude eh ;)
There are alot of ways to improve your speed.I think having A frame pointers helps,as you can put them at different angles.Also ive heard if you cut your squeegee rubber "dog ear" it apparently minimises detailing(scrimming).Basically,at this stage,you shouldnt be over concerned with speed,just do a good job and speed will come naturally with time.Dont run before you can walk.25 minutes for a first clean isnt bad,considering youve wiped the frames and sills.Was that trad?
wildstyles

Fast 1 *

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 09:07:56 am »
How much did you charge?
wildstyles

geefree

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 12:54:48 pm »
hi round this area it was £6  yes was trad i cant afford wfp yet, also i dont know if i dare ask ,.. but has anyone stopped doing calls in the west yorkshire area, dumped them i mean lol, to concentrate on better, more profitable houses, commercial etc, worth an ask please ;)

Fast 1 *

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 01:47:07 pm »
Gazza,just out of interest,how much is the average wage in yorkshire?Im just trying to get a picture of the difference between north and south,cheers gerry
wildstyles

M4RK

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 05:28:29 pm »
You can increase your speed a lot if you learn to use both hands while you work. Mop/Squeegy on big windows, Squeegy/Detail on smaller windows.

I had a new lad work with me doing McDonalds stores and I taught him from day one to work like that. 
He picked it up no problem.

Mark

geefree

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 05:58:40 pm »
thanks mark will try that one  a few times to get the habit...i cant really say what the average age is fast one, as i have been in sales a while and only been interested in commission based work, and that , as you know, is targets targets targets... a bus driver earns about 400 per week, a builders labourer maybe on £7 per hour thats all i know,... how much do you charge down south for an average semi.?

ScrimShady

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 08:29:39 pm »
it would take me about 20-30 mins
Wfp upstairs and trad downstairs.
ScrimShady

mgba_78

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 03:17:35 pm »
I can do about 3 an hour (trad), i have quite a few that are all one after another in the same street so no ladder messing back on van etc etc, if i get 1 house i try and get a few more down the street make it easy and i can earn more, i do have 1 or 2 that are on there own so TBH its a waste of my time but as today proved refferals are a free way of growing you business.

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

david68

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 03:38:54 pm »
Hi Gazza
Your quicker than me.
I am about 30min ......."Real Slow"

I have now put dog ears on my blade to try and cut down on detailing.

Let you know my new speed soon

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

corinvid

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 03:50:46 pm »
Sorry guys, but what is 'dog earing' your blade?

Trevor Knight

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 06:13:44 pm »
Dog earing is bending the ends of your channels so that they press the rubber against the window to stop leaving lines when you blade the edges of the glass.

Have a search on here as I am positive someone has posted pictures of dog earing.

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 07:02:59 pm »
When trad (up til May this year) and all grouped together a typical 3 bed semi with no bays = 3 per hour for me.

On wfp trolley system also 3 per hour

On wfp tank plus 100m microbore 4 per hour.
It's a game of three halves!

geefree

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 11:45:50 pm »
thanks for your replies,

but i havent got a clue what you are talking about, with microbore, and 000 thing, and all the wfp stuff  :D... just started with the ladders, and all that stuff is double dutch to me as yet. lol ???... but one day, maybe one day.

david68

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 12:06:09 am »
That day as come for me Gazza, only 3 months traditional and now WFP.
Hmm :o

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

geefree

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 12:13:37 am »
well done dave,
 only 3 months?... excellent!... do you have plenty of customers?.. perhapa you could give me a few more tips how to gain more customers.
cheers

david68

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 12:23:35 am »
Hi my round is monthly and is only worth £200 a moth so far.
But its being built up from scratch.
All i do is tell my customers that i use a proper cleaning chemicals and aslo change my blade every time.

But i also offer property maintance for them which they like

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

david68

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 12:26:49 am »
Also Gaz try
www.Yell.com
You can place a free add in here

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

geefree

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 12:33:44 am »
cheers dave thats good of you,

My round is also being built from scratch, its hard but satisfying too,.. phone rings nearly everyday now, but i wish it would ring 10 times per day :).. i also try to promote good standards, sills, frames etc when speaking to potential customers, that def. works... and they can inspect too.... (a but nervous when my cloths become dirty tho and muck spreads and smears lol )..
only kidding, but because i am new i want to do this bang on, with high standards, right from the start.

That way when i gain speed , my standards will also still be there, if that makes sense  ???