SUPA CLEAN

hi all
« on: October 10, 2005, 06:04:41 am »
This forum looks great and being new to wc i have spent hours reading the old posts.
You all look like a very helpful bunch.
At present i only clean windows one day during the week and on saturday. It seems whilst i was saving money for my equipment a million other wc turned up in my area!!!!!!!!
Is there enough work for everyone?
My question is do i just give up work and knock on every door i can untill i have enough money to live on or do i get a part time job (mornings only) and try and build my round that way?
Many Thanks

DODA

Re: hi all
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 07:50:42 pm »
Hi Supaclean

What i did was to go part time with my job which was very flexible and worked for them 3 days a week and i picked what days i wanted to as and when so if it was raining on a monday i worked my p/t job , if it was fine i went window cleaning until i had enough work to cover me .
So i worked two days in the week w/c and saturday , when i had enough work i quit thew job and did 3 days w/c ,2days canvassing and had weekends off.

hope that helps....

darren...

craig jwc

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 11:04:24 pm »
If you have enough money put to one side to pay the bills for 3 or 4 months then give up your job and start consentrating on your new  business.

I had a part time job and started window cleaning along side it.
Go out door knocking as i found this worked better than putting leaflets through doors. Alot of people on this site will tell you that.

I went door knocking and in about 3 months had enough work together to give up my part time job and start window cleaning for myself.

Never  >:( undercut >:( on price but don't be put off because of other window cleaners. They very rarely have every single house in the street.
There's around 9+ w/c's in my area which put me off to start with but i still managed to get work and still am. If you do a good job then people will start talking and you will start getting work from recomendation.
I have got 4 new jobs today from people i have never met, called on just from recomendation. ;D
I've even unintentionally taken work from a few w/c's because i offer a better service. And my price was higher.

Starting off is the hardest part, i still get times when i think no ones leaving messages on my answer m/c or i have had a few "No Thank You's" when i've knocked on doors. :-\
But it will come together if you want it too and stick at it.

???If you are not to keen knocking on doors just try it. You will find after a few houses you will start to like it and when you get your first " ;D YES ;D" you will just want to keep knocking.

I'm not making Thousands but paying my bills. Plus i only work just over half the time i did in my part time job ;D, and i am earning more than i did ;D.

Only you can make it work, so if this is what you want to do go out there get it.

Good Luck and all the best for your future business ;D ;D

Craig 8)

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 08:00:06 am »
Hi Supa Clean - welcome aboard :)
it's better to put a bit more in your profile: eg area - you tend to find if you are less anonymous it works better
I started from scratch but had a baby to look after too - but if that had not been the case I would def have kept a part time job cos it can be tricky at first