williamx

Van Insurance for New Drivers
« on: July 24, 2005, 06:28:01 pm »
Does anyone know where a friend of mine can get van insurance, his problem is that he has only just passed his test and all the companies he has approached don't seem to cover vans.

Re: Van Insurance for New Drivers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 06:56:19 pm »
I got a good deal through Tescos - apparently though, it's only if the van is unmarked - when they are signwritten, they won't cover - something to do with private with business use on the one hand, and commercial on the other

hope that helps

williamx

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 08:18:06 pm »
Tescos are no good

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 10:28:06 pm »
I use gladiator insurance give them a go. www.gladiator.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 11:31:45 pm »
I use Direct Line.  They are OK covering my van as a private motor vehicle which I use in connection with my businees.  I have told them that it is nearly all business use.  They are fine with that.  They are more concerned regarding the *type* of business and they have no problem with window cleaners.

preston powerblast

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 06:18:23 pm »
I use Norwich Union commercial.

chanster00

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 01:06:48 am »
i use commericail vehcales dirct cost me £2000 for astra van

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 06:48:24 am »
I use Direct Line.  They are OK covering my van as a private motor vehicle which I use in connection with my businees.  I have told them that it is nearly all business use.  They are fine with that.  They are more concerned regarding the *type* of business and they have no problem with window cleaners.

I retract the above quote.  They have now told me that they won't offer cover as I am getting a van with a water tank installed.  They were OK with traditional window cleaning though.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 06:22:14 pm »
i use commericail vehcales dirct cost me £2000 for astra van

That sounds seriously excessive.  They are talking around £335 for a Renault Trafic for me (subject to confirmation).  Even if you don't have any NCB, that still sounds extortionate.  Or maybe there is a reason that you may be regarded as higher risk such as plenty of endorsements or a prior drink driving or something?

SUPA CLEAN

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 06:08:16 am »
I use direct line and they wont insure any of my equipment at all!!!!!!! Also i cant have my van sign written.
Its a real pain but at least i am covered to drive it!!!!!!!!!!