tlwcs

One street, 6 flyers.
« on: September 07, 2017, 07:29:51 pm »
Talking to a custard today who said he had had 6 different leaflets from window cleaning guys/companies in the last month alone. When I asked if there was any I could look at he said he had binned them all.
Glad I'm not starting or trying to grow atm.
Tony

paul alan

Re: One street, 6 flyers.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 08:24:48 pm »
6 ways not to do it

tlwcs

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:02:42 pm »
6 ways not to do it

I think Vin would argue with that. He has build several successful rounds with leaflets alone. It just surprised me the volume of them hitting one street.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 09:03:39 pm »
This sounds bad until you consider he might be exaggerating or just lying. some people just talk crap.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 09:17:36 pm »
This sounds bad until you consider he might be exaggerating or just lying. some people just talk crap.
Fair point

colin bird

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:49:15 pm »
others posting flyers is not a concern to me
Pryors were posting flyers where I was cleaning 18 new builds today,I'm confident I won't lose any jobs,if they were canvassing I would be more concerned.

chris turner

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:50:56 pm »
All 6 were probably from PRYORS...
I see them bloody everywhere these days.

colin bird

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 09:56:44 pm »

Lee Pryor

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 10:03:28 pm »
others posting flyers is not a concern to me
Pryors were posting flyers where I was cleaning 18 new builds today,I'm confident I won't lose any jobs,if they were canvassing I would be more concerned.

Where was that Colin?
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 10:03:51 pm »

Good! Haha!!!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 11:56:51 pm »
6 ways not to do it
it does work u just need to leaflet a real load the numbers are crazy maybe 25k gets you what 50 calls 25 jobs? i did a small 10k or something 4 years back got something like 20 calls 15 jobs not my cupa tea only cos im cool going out 2-3x a year canvassing to top up myself if i was larger i would only focus on passive marketing it is loads less stressful no matter how you you do it canvassed customers do change minds before and after the first clean and generally alot more messy then someone who actually picks up the phone but you do pay for that so maybe it balances out its all good tho

Pete Thompson

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 01:06:26 am »
Only a certain type of customer responds to a flyer. It's the lazy man's option because it takes very little effort, just money.

Window cleaning is one of the very very few businesses where you can tell if a customer needs your service just by looking at them. (Or their house!) That's a priceless feature of this business, you'd be crazy not to take full advantage of that.

Canvassing also gives you the opportunity to engage the customer face-to-face, from which I could reasonably expect to convert 90% of those I talk to.

Also I disagree that canvassed custies are mind-changers. On the contrary, I've developed a personal connection with them, they will be loyal forever in my experience.

That's why canvassing will always be top dog imo.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 08:55:58 am »

burn them and bad mouth his company.no worries then! ;D
price higher/work harder!

chris turner

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 09:39:41 am »

burn them and bad mouth his company.no worries then! ;D

Well to burn his leaflets would probably mean setting fire to my customers houses, probably not the best idea.

I do have to admit his leaflets are very impressive. They certainly catch the eye and I can see why they bring in the work. Fortunately none of my customers have migrated services and don't expect any too either.

robbo333

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 03:11:53 pm »
I had a new custie who had 3 leaflets in one day (including mine). 
She binned one and showed me the other because it was so bad with spelling errors etc, she couldn't believe it.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Crystal-clear

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 11:14:21 pm »
Only a certain type of customer responds to a flyer. It's the lazy man's option because it takes very little effort, just money.

Window cleaning is one of the very very few businesses where you can tell if a customer needs your service just by looking at them. (Or their house!) That's a priceless feature of this business, you'd be crazy not to take full advantage of that.

Canvassing also gives you the opportunity to engage the customer face-to-face, from which I could reasonably expect to convert 90% of those I talk to.

Also I disagree that canvassed custies are mind-changers. On the contrary, I've developed a personal connection with them, they will be loyal forever in my experience.

That's why canvassing will always be top dog imo.
A lot of what you say is true but you're prob canvassing yourself and it's different in each area

For example when I was living up north any cancelation was a rare thing if I canvassed or paid someone to canvass an area anyone who had a first clean would stick

But I was also cheaper back then and in an area where people really cared about their windows lol

but now charging normal prices
N Different area vs a cold caller it isn't as good not saying it's bad as a lot of what you say I agree with and remember I myself prefer canvassing but ur a lot more likely to do one offs for a regular price when canvassing then charging say double your regular price on a cold call and that's the main difference you can't in most cases you're on their door step
So I agree with you but I also built several rounds with only canvassing and have done a lot of it and I know loads of people who did also it's just one of those things I found that you can't really figure out who's serious until you clean them at least 2-3 times and sometimes the ones you think are the best turn out to be the worst the ones you didn't think would stick end up being with you 10 years lol

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 10:51:18 pm »
my customers get loads every year.they usually show me the leaflets before binning them.it keeps me on my toes! ;D
price higher/work harder!