Host cleaning System
« on: July 28, 2009, 04:52:08 pm »
As most of you know, I purchased a Rhino 500psi. Well by doing so I saved alot of money. I also know I get good results and the customers are happy! Thats what counts.

So as I saved money I was looking at the Host Dry cleaning methods. Apparently even better than potable/TM's?

Is this the case?

How long does it take with a Host System to do the average house or for just an idea a living room. Is it quicker? Or just cleaner?

I might look out for one.

Dave

Joe H

Re: Host cleaning System
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 05:47:19 pm »
On your other thread regarding the Sebo Duo and any alternatives, a mention was give re the Envirodri. Well the Envirodri is a machine that competes with the Host. So if now, cause you saved money on the Rhino and considering a Host, consider also the Envirodri.

Host and Envirodri both prduce "sponges" that have a cleaning fluid in them. You need to have a good vac before you start with this process - like a Sebo or Lindhaus. After vaccing, spread the sponges over the carpet at the prescribed rate, agitate them into the carpet using the Host or Envirodri, wait 30 minutes then vac when the sponges are dry.

There is a franchise called Bone Dry, and that is what you are selling to the client - carpets dry when you leave. That has to be true cause you cant vac the sponges up until they are dry.
The cost to you for consumables is more then hot water extraction so you charge a premium.
No good really on upholstery.

And NO, not as good a clean as a good porty or TM with a good operator, definately not.
I understand you can get good results. I have the system, Envirodri Gen 4, and the sponges but rarely use the system as intended, more the machine for agitation.

So if you thinking of buying a duo, foget it and by the Envirodri or the Host (about twice the price of the Envirodri) then you have a first class agitation machine and a system you can sell to potential clients - dry carpet cleaning (to be fair to Sebo, they do sell there own powder to use with the Duo).

There is a market for this system, but if the carpets are manky then expect to work very hard to get a result. The sponges will only hold so much moisture so you cant pre spray like you can when you hot water extracting.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 06:05:16 pm »
Joe,

First of thanks very much for taking the time to write an SA. I must say you have explained it superb for me anyways.

Well I am aware of Envirodri, but was not aware it was similar to Host.

I am learning an awful lot on here.  Which is great.

Well before I rush in I will consider the pricing option.. I was aware that the stuff required was expensive and I am not sure if at this moment clients want to pay a premium. Due to the climate.

Thanks

Dave

derek west

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 06:15:20 pm »
you do the shake and vac, to put the freshness back.
doooo the shake and put the freshness back.
when your carpets smell fresh, your room does toooooooo.
somethin somethin somethin, remember what to do

repeat ;D

sorry, first thing that comes to mind when bone dry is mentioned

derek

ps... can someone fill in the "somethin's"

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 06:23:08 pm »
We're on the same wave length Derek ;D ;D ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 06:47:43 pm »

Dave

I call this system snow drops but shake & vac will do ;)

Prochem do similar Fiberdri owners of this site sell Prochem stuff got me TM from them.  :)

Think there’s a host system on ebay

Joe

Too late he brought my Sebo duo but I did tell him ;) 8)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

clinton

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 06:54:07 pm »
There is a host system on ebay as len says :)

its an old like   i used years ago ::)

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 06:58:39 pm »
Yes I have seen that but wanted a newer version at a later date. Dont think I will waste my money on such an old system.

Yes I did get the sebo duo from len but it was only to agitate pre-sprays.

You never know I may get the envirodri from cleansmart at £995 wont be just yet thou, I might test the waters and see if customers want it.

Dave

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 07:46:43 pm »
Dave

When buying play the game I do, got acquaintance who also sells envirodri and local trade one against the other. ;) ;D

Len  8)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)