JS2

Envirodri plus MS pre-spray
« on: June 11, 2009, 10:00:23 pm »
I've just bought myself an Envirodri machine and was wondering how often those with this bit of kit first pre-spray and aggitate-in a microsplitter, dwell, then use the sponges to soak up the dirt ?  What MS is good for this ? 

Of couse I know many on here use the Envirodri machine as an HWE pre-spray aggitator, but I'm seeing some impressive results with the sponges too.

Regards

Pete (JS2)

jacko

Re: Envirodri plus MS pre-spray
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:27:03 pm »
I occaisionally get demand for "dry" or Low Moisture cleaning. I lightly mist with either HD M/S from solutions, or Microsplit from Craftex. Agitate with envirodri machine. Dwell time 5 mins, then apply sponges (solutions ones were the best but don't do nymore but envirodri i find better than host) Agitate sponges well. Leave for 30 mins and vacuum up. I use my sebo BS 36 to get bulk of sponges up including the edges, then finish off with the Kirby. Always get good results and i charge more than HWE, ( £4.50 per SqM ).

JS2

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:35:19 pm »
Thanks Jacko

Ive not got the BS36 (but it's on my possibilities list).  Is it quite powerful and adequate for sponge removal ?  I was thinking of getting a Numatic tub with 24 Volt electric power brush attachment.

Pete (JS2)

jacko

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:31:01 pm »
Yep the BS360 is good - esp for the edges - not familiar with the numatic attachment so cannot comment.

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:55:37 am »
Take note of what Jacko said "lightly mist".
If you go too heavy then the sponge will not soak up all the spray and you will not get a good result as some of the dirt will be left, and of course if you try to vac up then it will tend to clog up your vac.
You could also try M-Power or Nemesis Super - very economical.

JS2

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 07:19:48 pm »
Thanks for this advice Joe and Jacko

The "Light misting" aspect is good to know, so I'm presuming my hand-sprayer, as opposed to my usual pre-sprayer canister and lance, is an important variation to the process.  Forgive by vagueness with regards to the drier method, since I've only ever run HWE, which comes as 2nd nature !!

Regards

Pete (JS2)

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 09:28:25 pm »
I use my pump up sprayer with lance - just move over the area quicker so not too much is laid on the carpet.
Agitate as well.

chris sloan

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 09:04:26 pm »
have you tried dry gard im using it an finding it better than host an much cheaper just fine line mist an sebo it. Any ideas to improve on this .using the bs 46 at the mo whats the most powerful vac for the 400 mark as taking another lad on . . Thanks for reading lads

JS2

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:07:47 pm »
It sounds like a MS pre-spray is often used with the contra-rotating brush type system, but can a seasoned "Dry" member inform of their preferrred procedure for C/Cing.  This dry aspect is something of a new science to me.

Pete (JS2)

John Kelly

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:14:17 pm »
Its important to do a thorough pre-vac to remove as much dry soil as possible. A pile lifter or combined machine like the host or flexi 5 will remove a lot more dirt at the vac stage as it opens up the pile.
Then pre-spray the traffic areas. The unused areas usually don't need pre-spray. Use microsplitter or some of my customers get excellent results with multisolv. Apply your granules and agitate in. Renew if they get black quickly otherwise you are just brushing the dirt back into the carpet. The secret is to do this until you get the result you are happy with. This can take time and is the reason you should charge more for this type of clean.
Then vacuum up.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 10:18:53 pm »
I think Andy Locke has a flexi 5, I like the idea of the depth of vacuum this machine does but it's not something you want to use occassionally as it's a pricy bit of kit.

Shaun