clinton

Re: Seen on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:09:02 am »
Joe

Looks like the same one that was on e bat a while ago doesnt it ???

Gary Webber

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:45:32 am »
Missing a lot of powder coating around base, I would want to see it working!

Gary

richie

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:05:37 am »
Im sure that the loss of powder coating on the base of the swing machine does not affect the way it works ;D  We have one that is near 10 yrs old that still works a treat.  Simply rub it down & apply some Hammerite & it will look like new.  Anything i buy from ebay i test if required before i hand over money because if you dont then you get it home it becomes your problem.

Richie.

derek west

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:13:58 am »
are we looking at the blue bits showing on the base of the machine?, thought that was the texatherm decals, or do i need glasses.
derek

clinton

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 05:54:18 pm »
Derek

Think he means the digital heater tank ???

Wouldnt have thought it would leak and inside the tank is a thermos like the inside of a flask that the water sits in with the heater eliment ...

Gary Webber

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:42:01 am »
No Clinton, was referring to the rotary. Missing powder coated blue covering from base. That means it would have been heavily used. These particular machines have not been around for a great many years, so it has been heavily worked

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 08:55:49 am »
How so much blue would be removed from that area (on top of the base) is a mystery to me - even with heavy use.
Can only think it would be a bad paint job - base not clean enough for paint to adhere to.
I am sure my model was chrome on the top of the base - like the top plate of the motor.

clinton

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 02:29:30 pm »
Maybe hes got lots of prespray on it that all i can think ::)

Gary Webber

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 03:06:56 pm »
Joe,
A batch of the previous 17" m/c had just a powder coated top and no stainless steel deck. Mark dropped them after that as the 17" with decking had been fazed out due to cost.

Gary