CleanToGo1

Carpet Protector
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:55:53 pm »
We have recently cleaned a customers carpet, whilst speaking to her,she informed us that the last time her carpets were cleaned over 4 years ago the carpet cleaner came back a fortnight later to apply carpet protector. We always protect carpets immediatly after cleaning,has anyone ever heard of a carpets being protected 2 weeks after  the clean?

Joe H

Re: Carpet Protector
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:08:36 pm »
New one to me.
You would need to ensure the carpet after cleaning was ready for the protector ie acid rinse applied to neutralise.
Leaving it 2 weeks means more protector would have to be applied to get too all the fibre because its dry.

kinder clean

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 01:19:17 pm »
You can apply scotchgard to wet or dry carpet, I suspect the previous guy was in a rush to get away and told the custy a story to suit, something I would never do myself ( Just last week  ;D )

Paul

clinton

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 06:55:45 pm »
I would go with that joe :)

Paul

;)

There is someone near here who advertises for free carpet guard and think he used to put it in the solution tank,well thats what he told the clients ::)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 07:05:17 pm »
Years ago this was the norm, applying protector always took a second trip mainly because carpets were wetter and also when carpets were dry more neutral but the main thing years ago was that because of the lesser powered machinery carpets would be wet for 24-36 hours adding protector would add to the drying time.

Shaun