Paul Moss

Who is joining Tacca now that you have to pay
« on: December 13, 2016, 06:58:36 pm »
Saw on face book a lot of comments on this, supprised nobody has asked the question on here.

DB

Re: Who is joining Tacca now that you have to pay
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »
It was only a matter of time Paul

Derek has done a great job but there is only so much one person can do or fund

SteveAllan

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:38:59 pm »
Doubtful.

JandS

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »
What they charging?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 05:47:17 pm »
I haven't had the email.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 06:58:38 pm »
ATM it is £150 for a standard membership which I believe is being a member and a listing or £250 for an enhanced listing with Seo for your area, there may be other benefits also there's discounts with suppliers on first order with them but it all goes up £50 each in the new year.

derek west

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 08:27:09 pm »
Thought i'd post this so there is no speculation.

We are ready to grow, will you be joining us?

Dear TACCA Member,

For the last 5 years The Approved Carpet Cleaners Alliance has been supporting you and other carpet cleaning businesses by providing a logo and website, leads through Facebook referrals and direct jobs through the main TACCA website and all at no cost to our members. From the start we've always had two main goals for TACCA:
To give all who supported it something to belong to, something we could all be proud of showing off to our customers, while generating leads for our awesome members!
To use the website, our branding and increasing public recognition as a platform to educate consumers that not all carpet cleaners are the same.
We sincerely hope you have benefited from the past 5 years of free support to help you grow, but now we want to be able to offer you so much more!

What are the benefits of TACCA membership?

Online marketing boosts for your website from links and mentions on the TACCA website which have serious effects on your SEO and Google rankings.
Our branding to use when promoting yourself with backing from the website and business page. People trust a company more when they are part of something bigger.
An active private Facebook group with 20-30 posts a day and a high level of support and advice. Access to shared projects & opportunities for more work.
Leads direct through the TACCA website. This will be increased with funding to improve the current lead platform.
Yearly training days to help increase your confidence in your business and provide additional up to date resources needed.
Brand new £5k+ website which is more modern, easier to use, mobile friendly and with new functionality for customers to leave reviews of our members; the next big area of growth for local SEO!

Find out more about TACCA and what we do for our members

We're already adding the following benefits:

Social media campaigns aimed at both consumers learning about TACCA for the first time and getting new members on board to extend our UK coverage and brand awareness.
Tips & advice blog posts for members including any economical or legal changes that may affect your business.
Magazine editorials to help promote the need for a professional cleaner in people’s homes.
Search engine performance has already improved since our launch of the new website, now we're making a massive push to get TACCA ranking higher on Google as well as other search engines, through improved website SEO and advertising campaigns.
Dedicated Facebook Forum with experts awaiting your questions as well as other members to help out – as requested this would be a paid member only benefit.
In order to continue to provide the above benefits and the new proposed benefits, it has now come time for us to start charging a small membership. TACCA has so many more ideas and requests from current members we would love to implement but financial constraints have prevented this in the past.

TACCA is your alliance, your professional community, we are there to support you and will use all monies paid for by membership charges to promote our members and help their business grow. Just imagine the possibilities we could achieve with additional funding!

Vouchers & discounts for members

Becoming a paid member of TACCA not only provides you with the supportive and promotional benefits but you will also receive discounts from some amazing suppliers for chemicals and machinery with many more offers being added throughout the year – So far we have secured £120 worth of discounts for fully paid up members.

Discount vouchers

One-off £20 discounts from Great suppliers (min purchase £150 applies)
Alltec Network
Cleanspec
Carpet cleaners world
CSUK
Restormate
The Tile master
Discounts on training

Also, special discounts on training courses from:
The Ultimate floor sanding company
Modular training solutions
Woolsafe
Legend brands (inc new product discount voucher)
- Discounts for fully paid members on these courses along with exclusive notification.
And finally
Allan Simmons from Get booked up has an amazing offer for anyone who is not using Get booked up at the moment, Worth as much as the membership fee on its own.

Membership options

All members can now submit a listing for each branch they operate, the two options for membership include the following features:

Standard membership (£150 per year)

1 year listing
1 location category with dot on the map
Use the TACCA logo
Discounts and savings coupons from our associates
Access our members only forums
Premium membership (£250 per year)

Upload more photos to your listing for better SEO
Highlighted listing to stand out from the crowd
Add styles and links to your listing to stand out
SEO analysis of your listing with actionable recommendations
x40 Social posts about your listing across TACCA pages to get more views

Upgrade your listing today

How to secure your listing on TACCA

We've done our best to make upgrading your listing as easy as possible, so if you have any issues, please do let us know by clicking the big blue "SUPPORT" button on the left of every page of our website to send us a ticket and we'll get back to you with help as soon as possible.

Instructions for new members

Visit tacca.co.uk/register to register on our website.
Click "dashboard" in the top right to go to your dashboard.
Click "Create listing" and then fill out your information.
You can create a listing for each physical branch of your business.
Click "submit" to send us your application.
We will check all applications then email you back if approved.
Once you're approved, log back in and go to edit your listing.
You will see a "Pay now" button, click this to pay.
Once we receive payment, your listing is automatically published.

Apply for a new membership today!

Click here for more detailed instructions with images

Instructions for members with existing listings

Login to the our website at tacca.co.uk/login
Click "dashboard" in the top right to go to your dashboard.
Choose "my listings" from the menu, then click the one you want to edit.
Click "Edit listing" to confirm you have provided all the correct details.
Check your insurance document is uploaded and expiry date set.
Click "submit" to send us your updated application.
We will check all applications then email you back if approved.
Once approved, log back in and go to edit your listing as before.
You will see a "Pay now" button, click this to pay.
Once we receive payment, your listing is automatically published.

Existing members renew your application today!

Click here for more detailed instructions with images

"HURRY" First members loyalty OFFER

The first number of members to show their support to TACCA by becoming fully paid up members within the next 14 days, deserve our loyalty back, so we have decided that the first wave of applicants will never have a price increase on their membership ever again, and that includes the initial discount. So when the price for membership goes up every year as we grow and grow, Your loyalty and commitment will be rewarded by keeping your membership fee the same forever as long as you renew every year.

We look forward to welcoming you into the TACCA family, a community of carpet cleaners that stand up for good practice while loving every minute of it. Get in touch today to let us know how you can join us to make TACCA even better.

Finally, all existing listings on our website are set to expire in 14 days to allow us time to process all the renewed applications and get pedal to metal as soon as possible! So, it's time to decide if you'd like to join us through this exciting next phase of growth. If you're still unsure about the benefits, discounts or how to go about joining, please let us know using our enquiry form here.

Can't wait to have you onboard for TACCA v3.0 and hope see you at the next upcoming training day!

Yours sincerely,

Derek & The TACCA support team.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 09:54:05 pm »
Excellent post by Derek.  Spells it all out - even to the simpletons  - as to what the 'alliance' is offering.

Sounds like a very reasonable deal to me - especially if your in your early years and looking for more exposure

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 11:14:18 pm »
5k website?

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 07:50:01 am »

From what info I have seen so far with regard to tacca , it appears £300 per annum seems to be the fee, and possibly higher in the future.
How does this compare with established associations ? ncca and iicrc    Yes I know that tacca is not an association !! to be honest I am not sure what it is , that said I its not for me ,never has been from the very start and Derick I.m sure is doing a great job and has high ambitions for the future .
It is not my intention to knock Derick or tacca  I have spoken to Derick in the past and seems a decent guy, but unfortunately I cant seem to get my head around the workings of tacca!!!

Am I correct in saying  that the group (for want of a better word}  has no board, no elected board members therefore  no clarity or accountability . 
Perhaps its just me ?  and no doubt I will be shot down by members ,  but any way my apologies to   Derick for my thoughts, its not personal.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 12:27:27 pm »
Geoff, i bet he's more enjoyed about you constantly spelling his name wrong :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »
Never was one of my strong points Mike
Spelling a nd grammar. But hey ho. I'm  not a proof reader.  Geoff.
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

edward coller

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 03:05:29 pm »
Made me laugh,hoohhoooho.!

jasonl

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 03:13:19 pm »
The newbies,the people wanting to socialize with other carpet cleaners, the sheep, and the gullible will join up, since we are an unregulated industry, and 43rd in the general populations' list of priorities there is no point in the established operator joining,

The above will join and make a decent living for the owners.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

elliott cleaning

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 09:48:47 pm »

..........The above will join and make a decent living for the owners.

The above might join and make a decent living for themselves. Don't underestimate the advice & help such an organisation can give in the early years.

Am I a member - no - but then I've been around to long.

Carpet Master

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 09:07:50 am »
Well, it only took 5 years BUT he has done what I said he was going to do way back then.

Firstly, he branded it as an Association (which it has never been) and more recently changed it to an Alliance lol. Me questioning his intentions from the beginning was often met by a pincer attack, but now you can see his TRUE intent.

Despite all the promises, he never intended to form a proper democratic group or association (to have an elected Committee)  because he knew from day one that if he did so he would loose control over 'TACCA' and its future potential income.

Charging members £300 + per annum + any other 'add ons' throughout the year will now make him PERSONALLY a few extra grand, and what for?? To have your name listed on a website??? I can build a website like his and get it published for £30 per year from Weebly.

Those 'mates' and newbies will fall for it all but from day one all it has ever been is a money making scheme for himself.....

He knew the day would come when he would start charging and making money for his family from this website (and that's all it is, a website).

Nothing against him, but I do not like people who are not sincere enough to have been truthful from the outset.

IMO it should have been set up as a National Association (registered) with a National and Local Committee structure deciding on policy with a central association account enabling National advertising campaigns. But hey ho, some people just want to make a fast buck and get rich off other peoples' hard graft!

SteveAllan

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 09:38:02 am »
^^Great post^^
No doubt there will be a few sheep.

gwrightson

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 10:16:50 am »
Well, it only took 5 years BUT he has done what I said he was going to do way back then.

Firstly, he branded it as an Association (which it has never been) and more recently changed it to an Alliance lol. Me questioning his intentions from the beginning was often met by a pincer attack, but now you can see his TRUE intent.

Despite all the promises, he never intended to form a proper democratic group or association (to have an elected Committee)  because he knew from day one that if he did so he would loose control over 'TACCA' and its future potential income.

Charging members £300 + per annum + any other 'add ons' throughout the year will now make him PERSONALLY a few extra grand, and what for?? To have your name listed on a website??? I can build a website like his and get it published for £30 per year from Weebly.

Those 'mates' and newbies will fall for it all but from day one all it has ever been is a money making scheme for himself.....

He knew the day would come when he would start charging and making money for his family from this website (and that's all it is, a website).

Nothing against him, but I do not like people who are not sincere enough to have been truthful from the outset.

IMO it should have been set up as a National Association (registered) with a National and Local Committee structure deciding on policy with a central association account enabling National advertising campaigns. But hey ho, some people just want to make a fast buck and get rich off other peoples' hard graft!

I recall it well,

Geoff

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 11:53:32 am »
Well, it only took 5 years BUT he has done what I said he was going to do way back then

I wouldn't mind reading what you said way back  then, what name did you post under?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 12:17:31 pm »
Looks to me like an old fashioned pay per listing directory and nothing more.