Robin Ray

Re: Jaguar 8.4
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 02:30:58 pm »
That great.. I'm glad it works well for you.

I'm not dissing Truckmounts I may end up getting one as i still haven't tried one yet and do plan to go down and have a look at hydramaster. I just cant help thinking the future is in electric because the performance gap is narrowing all the time.

You have a point with motors going in comparison with bloweres however you can buy between 10 and 15 vac motors for every blower.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 03:07:07 pm »
Hang on, Robin, you are commenting on a truckmount that you have never used, then nothing you have to say on the subject has any substance. Quoting figures means nothing in an actual side by side comparison. Even John would agree with that. Portables are very good machines and as you say get better all the time. So lets compare a portable against a portable. You simply cant compare electric against an engine as they aren't the same thing.

Andrew has made the biggest comparison to the tune of an approx £30,000 a year difference so that takes care of your numbers one and two and makes all the other numbers pale off into insignificance.

tim handley

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 04:45:27 pm »
is there a truckmount thread where we can all discuss the jag 8.4????

Robin Ray

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 05:17:16 pm »
I'm comparing something that sprays and sucks to something that sprays and sucks. The carpet doesn't know the difference between a petrol powered blower and an electric powered vacuum motor. The only "substance" is in the figures.

If something can fill itself up, Heat the water, Spray the water out, Suck that water up, and empty itself. What else is there to compare apart from the figures?

-----

Tim what would you like to discuss about the Jag?

Tony Stewart

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 06:42:38 pm »
With respect a truckmount sprays and sucks better. As for the costs you make that up in efficiency. You can be cleaning/prespraying within about 8 minutes of starting and in my humble opinion because it generates so much heat the carpet dries quicker because it is hot water extracted and more is  recovered due to more suction.
You can easily do 4 jobs in a day whereas allowing for backache etc you would probably do 2 max 3 in a day with a portable.
As for the noise apologize for it in your 5 arounds ;D
As for low moisture in my case that is at the opposite end of the universe to a truckmount............so I will skip that thought!
I think the carpet knows it at the end of the day!
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Robin Ray

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 06:52:36 pm »
Does a petrol powered blower producing 270 cfm and 14 hg produce  more suck than an electric powered machine producing 325 cfm and 16 hg?

Lewis Newby

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 07:14:22 pm »
power aside, i imagine the time saved unloading the machine, and buckets aswell as any rinse agents amd defoamers, bags of hoses and the heater -then filling emptying etc, then reloading it at the end.
Vs roll up , vac,prespray and agitate- then roll out desired hose, hook up wand, power on and off you go.

Would love a go on a tm for sure

jim mca

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 07:55:49 pm »
Think you are missing Robins point he is not comparing a portable to a manx or Everest size but to a prowler or 14hp panther and he thinks a storm or evolution can compete on suck not heat just suck.

I know a small T/M is quicker but would like to know what size of T/M is needed to make a real difference to the cleaning

Robin Ray

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 08:13:54 pm »
Absolutely Jim.... I'm not entirely sure any two motor machine can compete in terms of figures but four motors defiantly can though.

Lewis
Many machines have auto fill and empty now too. I also run a water fed pole window cleaning system from my van, so have ample water to auto feed a machine and a water heater takes literally 2 mins to plug in. I'm not saying a petrol TM is not better but with the advancements of the last few years are they that much better?

Lewis Newby

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 08:33:36 pm »
Yes I agree With that Robin, using a boosted porty van mounted should offer the same time advantages, I have 400l watertank and used my jag van mounted a few times. Hose reels would have been a nice touch.

I was suprised when I saw the performance of entry tms , I stand by my opinion that whether high powered or boosted porty  or a tm, allot of time can be saved using a mounted setup assuming auto fill/dup etc. £5k or less for a new machine with booster and spares vs £15k ish for entry tm? I think it's a lot to do with your market and business model,mine -as a relative beginner would not justify that expense

I took a job off a tm user a few weeks back, customer saw a video of mine on yt and was impressed so booked a property of his in for a clean, his cleaner wasn't as thorough he says- go figure

john martin

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 09:46:29 pm »
John

As you have a lift gauge ad many motors, when you get a minute can you test to see what the lift drop is if you run one single motor in parallel with two series motors. In theory it should drop to the lift of the single motor but that may not be the case in practice.

Thanks

Rob
lol , the 8.4 jag is gettin all this publicity on both forums and they dont supply it .

Did that test today  , well knocked one motor off on my booster and put the lift gauge on the machine , no surprises ..lift dropped to around 10HG .

Robin Ray

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 10:32:24 pm »
Thanks John, 4 motors it is then..

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 10:52:45 pm »

I took a job off a tm user a few weeks back, customer saw a video of mine on yt and was impressed so booked a property of his in for a clean, his cleaner wasn't as thorough he says- go figure
[/quote]

Hi Lewis , just because the guy used a truckmount does not mean he cleaned it properly. A tm is only as good as the user. A competent cleaner could clean a carpet with a low grade porty , just take longer .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 08:30:26 am »
As everyone knows I'm frivolous with money I have truck mount it's a right waste!

Shaun

Lewis Newby

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 09:05:03 am »
Shaun, im sure you have a lot more work to do then myself, would you say its easier to sell a higher priced clean off the back of running the tm and is that how you approach the work or do you price similar to en established porty user but get through another £500+ worth of work a week due to the time savings?

I would love to try a tm but with my addictive nature i would be too depressed to carry on using portys if i liked the tm. I dont fill my diary each week as it is so no where near ready to justify that sort of investment

Lew

oliver collins

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 09:30:18 am »
It would be good to get a video to watch of the jag 8.4 to see how noisy  it would be I have the storm and I hate the noise that it makes even with the exhaust on
Oliver

fibresafe

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 09:39:02 am »
It would be good to get a video to watch of the jag 8.4 to see how noisy  it would be I have the storm and I hate the noise that it makes even with the exhaust on
Oliver

You probably have the earlier 6.6's which did sound awful. The newer ones sound much better without that high pitched screech

Lewis Newby

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2015, 10:01:54 am »
My 6.6 sounds like a jet engine, its a 2014model. Kinda like the sound, but hate the noise if you know what i mean.

john martin

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2015, 11:12:02 am »
My 6.6 sounds like a jet engine, its a 2014model. Kinda like the sound, but hate the noise if you know what i mean.

I meant to mention that when i was doing that lift comparison , the 6.6 is way louder that the electros , in that it emits the higher annoying freqs louder  ...  the 8.4 is same i'd say .
You can kinda hear it here with headphones ...  the 8.4modified eclipse has a harsher tone to the electro  fitted Mytee which never screams even when the muffler is removed .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn0OKWLYPVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf7qyIvi_O0

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2015, 12:32:45 pm »
Truck mounts are faster, years ago I had 2 vans with portis I when the other guy left I didn't want to employ any more so I looked at productivity and a tm is far cheaper than a helper.

Shaun