Steve Chapman

Re: sofa problem .......
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 08:57:53 am »
Pete,

Its definitley not been near any high heat, it wasn't cleaned with an alkaline solution and it has respnded well to the bicarbonate of soda.
I've done a general search on internet and it seems this is a one of those rare times where an acidic based cleaner reacts to the material and turns it pink, usually always reversible with the bicarbonate fo soda solution.

The first one in 20 years of cleaning I've come across, hopefully the last.

Steve

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 10:04:32 pm »
Pete if you go to the search facility you'll find that this has been talked about before and rectified by bicarbonate of soda, Steve you'll need another application it will eventually rectify.

Shaun

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 11:02:40 pm »
And that's the biggest load of s**t so far........ glad you are keeping with the spirit of the topic.

Best to ignore your full post as reading your answer you know F all about this problem

Mike - got to say as a moderator you really do cross the line

You expect the members to keep their decorum and post in a positive manner and yet you speak to people in the way you do

If you expect it of others, maybe you should lead the way and put a lid on yourself occasionally

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 07:54:13 am »
I mirrored his writing style & use of words to make a point, not unnecceary considering his post had insulted every member who had tried to help previously,

But if my post injured your high level of decorum & positivity then get a life you sad git... I mean I deeply apologies  ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

stuart_clark

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 08:21:16 am »
I would echo Mikes reply, as this isn't a common problem, but bicarb does rectify the pink staining, as I had this problem once  about ten years ago, I think it was Derek bolton who came up with the idea and he is God in my oppinion as far as carpet and upholstery cleaning is concearned

Stuart

John Kelly

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 11:01:47 am »
Its not that uncommon. I often get calls from people about it, not everyone comes on here and gets the answer. One franchise oprrator bought the customer a new suite. Mentioned it to me a bit later and was nearly sick when he found out how easily it could have been rectified.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 11:14:44 am »
I mirrored his writing style & use of words to make a point, not unnecceary considering his post had insulted every member who had tried to help previously,

But if my post injured your high level of decorum & positivity then get a life you sad git... I mean I deeply apologies  ;)

i rest my case

Mike Halliday

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2014, 11:28:33 am »

But if my post injured your high level of decorum & positivity then get a life you sad git... I mean I deeply apologies  ;)

i rest my case

Well said by the  anonymous  person who uses an alias and does not post his website ::)roll ::)roll. (Done  so he can talk rubbish and slander companies with total impunity)

neil 47

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2014, 01:49:20 pm »
Mike

just search google for mobile no , local no youll be amazed what you can find out 020 7837 6768
IICRC

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2014, 08:45:41 pm »
My guys cleaned a suite today, looked fairly standard grey suite, but later in the day while drying it has turned quite pink ?
Never had this happen before in all the years  I've been cleaning, remember reading somewhere this could be an indicator dye problem or perhaps a reaction with protector ?

I had this happen years ago and sourced the help of John Bolton.
The plain white coloured sofa was already clean, but the customer being the customer wanted it cleaned alongside the carpets.

Now at this point in life I'll come totally straight and tell the truth on the matter. All I did was vacuum the sofa and lightly mist it with a deodoriser..... so lightly it naturally dried within 10 minutes. Wrong I know but why wet clean something that is already clean?

That evening I got a call from the customer to say it now had a pink tinge to it....... so come on them guys HOW?
I resolved it the next day as directed by JB with bicarb.

So all this b-llocks about acid cleaners / alkaline cleaners / over wetting / bright light whatever is just that. Sometimes there are things out there just waiting for you to turn up and trip you up.

Paul Moss

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 10:33:29 pm »
Mike isn't that cleaner carpets guy the chap that was put as a mod on here a couple of years ago, or hot a job on ciu to drive it forward and lasted about 6 months.?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:55 am »
Jason comes on here to wind everyone up it's the norm.

Shaun

Steve Chapman

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 06:26:57 pm »
Update on the pink suite.......

Its looking decidedly less pink now after 4 applications of bicarbonate of soda, ( it certainly does work ! ) im pretty pleased with it, but they are still insisting that it loooks a bit brown / beige in places.

I think this is possible wear / soiling rather than being related to the pink problem, All I can suggest is for them to have the suite cleaned again, obviously using an alkaline cleaner rather than the acidic based one, at least we can be sure that its perfectly clean & I've done all I can do.

I'd rather not re clean it to be honest after all the problems, Am I right in thinking I should be ok with a slightly alkaline solution / microsplitters even & then rinse with plain water ?

Regards
Steve

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 08:08:42 pm »
Why not consider cleaning it with bicarbonate of soda?

Apply by spray gentle brush in then dry extract out and turbo dry, this way you have shown that you have re cleaned it and also you'll get some more soil out (if you can) as well as it not changing colour.

Shaun

Steve Chapman

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 09:09:28 pm »
That's a good idea, might give it a go !

Steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 09:14:17 pm »
If we are agreeing that it is caused by the fabric being sensitive to acid side cleaning then I would mist it with double clean, F90 or  something else on the upper alkaline side (subject to testing)and towel off. I would'nt do a full wet clean

Steve Chapman

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 09:41:07 pm »
Yep that was my thoughts, and at least with towelling off we will be able to see if any more soiling is coming off !

Neil Jones

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 04:08:17 pm »
Personally I don't think they will be happy whatever unless it looks brand new! Any marks they will blame it on the issue, had one recently. Stressed me out, guy was a ******

John Kelly

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »
Don't forget this is a manufacturing fault and not the cleaners liability.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 05:03:40 pm »
Don't forget this is a manufacturing fault and not the cleaners liability.

ha, but how to explain it to customer and or insurer?