Simon Gerrard

Airflex Storm or Enforcer
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:15:57 pm »
I'm in the market for a new portable. The choice is between the Storm (which seems mighty expsive) and the Enforcer 400psi with heating system.
Any views / opinions?

Simon

Paul Moss

Re: Airflex Storm or Enforcer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:48:39 pm »
Simon, I went for the storm but in hind sight would have gone enforcer.

Or you could by Nicks new one.

steve prince

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:50:45 pm »
I've had the storm simon and it was good and so was the build quality.
The enforcer does look good for a porty tho

Dan Walker

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:03:55 pm »
Have no experience with the airflex but can vouch for the enforcer as have owned one for a couple of years with the built in heater which is really efficient at heating a full tank

Regards
Dan

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:19:48 pm »
or you could go for the Airflex Custom made

http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Airflex_Pro.html

You can choose your own vac set up, pump etc. and also opt for the built in magma heater.

They have a special offer at the moment of a free magma heater if you order by the 11th of July which is today! lol sad face :( But you could phone Matt on Monday and see if he'd extend the offer an extra couple of days ;)

Never used an enforcer but the  build quality on the airflex's are great.

derek west

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »
russ chad has an enforcer and swears by it, if i was after a porty which i might be soon i'd either go for the enforcer or the alltec one billy got, but with a bigger vac though  ;D

john martin

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 10:31:01 pm »
 I would probably be slightly bias right now as i have an Enforcer but it is a great portable . You can reduce any of these machines to just being a wheelie bin with two motors but really a lot of thought and engineering goes into these machines , in the case of the Enforcer the initial designer has excelled  , you know by the clunk of the heavy waste tank lid as it closes on the precision fit gasket that this is a high quality product . And none of the fitting compromise that theme , little touches like a foam gasket inside the fan cover ... incase it buzzes slightly ?  the fur lined sleeves on the internal vac hoses ?  they did'nt  have fit them ..  the quality of the bolts and fitting , the stainless brackets on the back roller bars , the unbreakable looking top loading wheels .even the quality of the decal ... all these things add up .
I know Alltec can match Ashbys for engineering quality so i would probably be just as happy with an evolution .  I have only seen one Airflex up close and it was pretty beat up with a cracked perspex lid so perhaps unfair but i though it was not quite up there . But again i would be happy to use one . I think the series pro with built in heater would suit my needs .
Heat wise on the Enforcer  defiantly get the immersion anyway  ... would be up two u if want the built in steam mate also ... convenient to have both onboard at the expense of  a little weight and perhaps servicing access . I have an immersion on mine and use an Amtech external also ... you can use both at the same time but even having the immersion on for a while as a preheater increases the inline heat dramatically .

Luke_m

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:54:32 pm »
Enforcer!

:)

Chris waters

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 08:11:09 am »
I have the storm,great quality and plenty of power :D

brianbarber

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 03:54:44 pm »
I would pick enforced 400 psi, with built in steam mate, the heat easily compares with a TM

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 05:21:48 pm »
Alltec do the Elite ask for the same configuration, good service from alltec ashbys service is not the same! Clive ware will tell you.

Shaun

david@zap-clean

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 04:34:22 pm »
Hi Simon,

You're not really comparing like for like (price or performance): Storm 800psi / Enforcer 400psi

As Carpet Dawg says compare the enforcer with the equivalent (customer) Airflex machine.

I've never used or even seen the Enforcer - but my new Storm is living up to it's reputation as a high quality, powerful machine.
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

tim handley

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 05:06:33 pm »
david what length hose run can you run the storm with and still achieve good results???
just out of interest, im looking at upgrading fairly soon, i have the basic airflex pro, which has
served me well, but i want more oomph now..............

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 05:28:47 pm »
Can't really see why you would need an 800 psi pump on a electric machine tbh.
Also a good friend of mine bought a new all signing, all dancing Airflex and sold it a week later saying it was crap, he then bought an Enforcer, which he seems happy with.

Simon

Robin Ray

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 06:07:15 pm »
david what length hose run can you run the storm with and still achieve good results???
just out of interest, im looking at upgrading fairly soon, i have the basic airflex pro, which has

If the body of the machine is ok why not just upgrade the motors. The whole manifold just unbolts im sure cleansmart can make you a new one up then you can just swap it over.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 06:20:24 pm »

Tim, the spec for the Airflex Storm is here:
http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Airflex_Storm.html

I'm normally running at 50ft / 75ft and the Storm performs excellent - I've not tried it at 200ft, yet.

Simon, it's not fair to simply say something is cr*p without justifying why - did they give a reason?
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 06:30:31 pm »
David,
Don't know, he was completely underwhelmed for the money, which puts me off too.

Simon

steve prince

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 06:39:54 pm »
What about a jag simon  ;D

Simon Gerrard