wynne jones

Re: prochem chemicals
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2010, 08:35:52 pm »
'DOES NOT

harm sewer bacteria'

Taken from the data sheets kindly supplied by Joe.

Not going to help with smells then either. I'm sure these product are touted as anti-bacterial, may be wrong though.  :-\
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

clinton

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 08:44:07 pm »
With m power i find its all about the dwell time really and a good adgitation too,it took me a while to get used to it mind :)

jasonl

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 08:53:40 pm »
Thats quiet a statement you make there Wynne and could be damaging to any person supplying the product. I have dug up some info re the two main products which we know as M-Power and Nemesis

M-Power® Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, is:
Derived from renewable/sustainable sources
Fully Biodegradable
Exhibits anti-bacterial & anti-viral properties thanks to its unique natural-molecular cleaning action.
Non-toxic to humans and pets
Non-toxic to aquatic life
Non-reactive with chemicals, such as chlorine bleach
Non-caustic
Non-combustible
Non-corrosive
Non-flammable
Non-fuming,
Non-hazardous
Non-polluting

M-Power® Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner contains:
NO ammonia
NO animal products
NO Bacteria or Enzymes
NO artificial ingredients
NO isopropyl alcohol
NO phosphates
NO solvents (apart from water)
NO synthetic chemicals
NO harmful ingredients
NO Soap or detergents
non-flammable and non-fuming
non-toxic to mammals
non-toxic to aquatic life at recommended use dilutions
anti-oxidant in nature and will not oxidize or degrade metal, rubber, vinyl, plastic or glass
suitable for use as a protectant for metal, painted surfaces, fibre glass, plastic, rubber or vinyl.

It does not:
contain caustics such as sodium metasilicate
contain builders, such as foaming agents or re-agents like oxidizers or bleaches.
contain chlorinated solvents or any petroleum based derivatives
contain phosphates, silicones, acrylics or acetones
react with other chemistries, such as chlorine bleach to create toxic gases
contain glycol ethers
Harm fabrics
harm sewer bacteria
separate or precipitate out at freezing or superheat conditions
loose its strength from evaporation, unlike caustic or solvent based surfactant cleaners
contain hazardous VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
require special handling such as protective gloves or face masks

There is a Data Safety Sheet available.

Re Nemesis
it is:
non-flammable and non-fuming
non-toxic to mammals
non-toxic to aquatic life at recommended use dilutions
anti-oxidant in nature and will not oxidize or degrade metal, rubber, vinyl, plastic or glass
suitable for use as a protectant for metal, painted surfaces, fibre glass, plastic, rubber or vinyl.

It does not:
contain caustics such as sodium metasilicate
contain builders, such as foaming agents or re-agents like oxidizers or bleaches.
contain chlorinated solvents or any petroleum based derivatives
contain phosphates, silicones, acrylics or acetones
react with other chemistries, such as chlorine bleach to create toxic gases
contain glycol ethers
Harm fabrics
harm sewer bacteria
separate or precipitate out at freezing or superheat conditions
loose its strength from evaporation, unlike caustic or solvent based surfactant cleaners
contain hazardous VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
require special handling such as protective gloves or face masks
I think there is enough info there for current users and future users to be reassured.

I use them , I am not reassured though , these kinds of lists always say what is NOT in them , what actually IS in them ?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

wynne jones

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 09:02:47 pm »
To be fair the data sheets are based on what we currently know to be harmful. Obviusly sometimes science discovers something particularly nasty about a wonder product, asbestos being a classic example of this. Unfortunately the genie is usually out of the bottle by the time it's discovered and this is the worry about nano particles.

robert meldrum

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 09:16:59 pm »
I've only used colloids as a prespray as I understand from my personal research that this is what they were developed for.............

On one occasion however,  I used a colloidal on a couple of dark patches and forgot about them for an hour while working downwards from upstairs..............when I walked into the room I was taken aback as there were two patches of immaculately clean carpet where there had previously been two very dark patches................I had quite a job feathering in the surrounding areas trying to achieve a match.

wynne jones

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2010, 09:19:21 pm »
That's good Robert and without any agitation either. What do you rekon the dark patches were?

robert meldrum

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2010, 11:32:40 pm »
I know what the dark patches were............one was from a leaky bin bag which contained remains of chinese carry outs, plus cooking oil and related fats from the kitchen. The second was spilt medication of some kind which had been walked in over some time .

The house was a rental property and the rubbish had been lying on the floor for at least two weeks.

The product had been applied but the landlord engaged me in conversation upstairs and I forgot about the patches. Normally I would expect to aggitate after application hence the surprise at the result of leaving it for about an hour.

Joe H

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 12:55:39 pm »
To be fair the data sheets are based on what we currently know to be harmful. Obviusly sometimes science discovers something particularly nasty about a wonder product, asbestos being a classic example of this. Unfortunately the genie is usually out of the bottle by the time it's discovered and this is the worry about nano particles.

So, do you have no worries about what YOU are using Wynn.

Robert - you found one of the benefits of colloids -- as long as they are damp they continue to work.
Done a job today. When I had finished and the lady of the house said she was happy with the clean, and knowing the furniture was not going back till husband comes home, I then just lightly sprayed the prespray over the carpet and left it.  Told her when dry and she nexts vacuums she may well see the carpet cleaner still.
I like happy customers.

Joe H

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2010, 06:14:31 pm »
Is that guy down in cornwall still flogging springwater with a fancy chemical label. He ripped off loads of people with this allerg stop thing, and yet the mugs still flock round him.
Oh, and them machines that look like flimsy council bin carts on dodgy little casters with a bent piece of metal called a handle on the back. He must be making them in his garden shed. 
He wants drowing in his primary chemical source,, cornish sea water.

At least we all know who the "guy down in Cornwall" is and know where to find him.

Your a bit of a mystery Matt.
Where are you from?
You "forgot" to fill in your details on here.
Your url just recirculates.
What you hiding.
Maybe your true identity.
Mmmm!
Bit dodgy to me.

So who are you really, and where are you from.
No porkies, just come clean - if you can.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2010, 07:38:16 pm »
Give him a call Joe :)

0800 022 4421, see if he actualy has anything to do with aerials.

Got to say, some of his posts do crack me up  ;D

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 08:32:47 pm »
come on 'Matt' - thats 2 of us now (Joe and me!) thats asked you to come clean

you have some very harsh opinions on certain people - dont hide behind your keyboard, lets establish who you are and if you can add some merit to your views

jasonl

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2010, 08:50:03 pm »
Matt - Aerial force , here are 2 reviews of the company

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/livelistings/review.php?ail=124451
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

wynne jones

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2010, 08:56:37 pm »
I bet Nick wrote those two reviews.  ;D

clinton

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2010, 09:17:25 pm »
Wynne might just be :)

wynne jones

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2010, 09:22:50 pm »
Hi Clint

Did a job today big dirty patch on the carpet. Sprayed it with Mpower and went off for a tab. Came back twenty minutes later...... and it was still there.  :D

clinton

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2010, 09:24:41 pm »
Have a longer tab next time wynne   ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2010, 09:36:57 pm »
LOL  ;D

garyj

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2010, 11:06:03 pm »
Used Fusion8 on draught marks today and they came out easy, might have been a coincidence and my usual chems might have got them out too. Don't seem to be using so much spotter either. Not a convert by a long way, but results so far tell me to keep experimenting.

robert meldrum

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2010, 11:54:23 pm »
Hi Clint

Did a job today big dirty patch on the carpet. Sprayed it with Mpower and went off for a tab. Came back twenty minutes later...... and it was still there.  :D

Keep practicing you might get better ...............I've never tried M Power myself but I've heard it's pretty good in fact I don't use any of the Solutions products or machines.

wynne jones

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2010, 12:01:33 am »
Hey just realised it was you Robert not Clint LOL

Yeah I was looking at the stuff today and was thinking give it another go, but I've done that a few times before. I just want to turn up and know what I use will give predictable, fast results. I don't want to be spotting constantly when the truck is running.

I reckon Mpower and Nemisis are the same stuff or there abouts.