Stoots

Pressure washing chemicals
« on: May 05, 2024, 06:58:52 pm »
Fewe questions so i`ll just bundle them here

Roughly how much hypo is needed per square metre ? just trying to get an idea how much hypo i would use on an average job

secondly what surfactant should i use and what is the ratio to mix this with hypo ?

thirdly best biocide ? bac 50 ?

what chems would you use on decking ?

anything else i should be buying for different surfaces ?

thanks

Smudger

Re: Pressure washing chemicals
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 01:04:09 pm »
How much is down to how and what you are removing - algae doesn’t need much where as black spot needs quite a strong mix - generally we use a 10 ltr pump sprayer mixed at 3 to 1 so a litre of hypo and this is enough to cover a drive 3 x 8 meters

Surfactant- see the other thread splash has a photo of the best 2 - see instructions for mixing

Decking - cheap cedar and pine will come up nice with hypo but not the correct stuff as over years it will break down the wood fibres

Other woods may not even be suitable for p/w as you will damage them

A good cleaner is net-rol

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 05:26:18 pm »
Thanks ive ordered some surfactant

other than tarmac is there any other surfaces hypo shouldnt be used on ?

Got my first job lined up next week and im a bit concious about getting something totally wrong  :D

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 11:42:43 pm »
you can use hypo on tarmac.
I think somewhere someone once said you cant - to be honest its not down long enough to cause an issue
metal - may turn lead orange
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk