Marc Stock

More snow on the way....apparently
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:20:48 pm »
Apparently we are in for more snow again.... ::)roll

Dane

Re: More snow on the way....apparently
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 04:29:01 pm »
I thought I heard someone saying that earlier... very strange year for weather if so

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 09:17:33 am »
You gotta love The Express headlines, they only have about six, "Cures for Dementia,Diabetes,Alzheimer's,extreme weather/Wind/Snow/Sun, or remainers trying to reverse Brexit, like one for everyday of the week ad nauseum.......... ???    Oh on every fouth Friday its a catfight in the Royal family as Megan tries to upstage Kate
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Johnny B

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 09:21:25 am »
Nothing would surprise me with the weather we've had this year.

Where I am (Ireland), it has rained almost every day this year at some point, and we've had all four seasons in one day at times as well.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

John Mart

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 12:21:51 pm »
It’s bloody cold. Gloves weather again.

Marc Stock

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 03:33:16 pm »
Just went out for a bike ride. Flipping COLD. Good thing is im doing my full licence end of May, so bike prices are stagnating right now, should be able to pick up a decent bike for not too much £.

Den68

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 04:48:24 pm »
Just went out for a bike ride. Flipping COLD. Good thing is im doing my full licence end of May, so bike prices are stagnating right now, should be able to pick up a decent bike for not too much £.
What bike you thinking of getting when you pass? I haven’t had a bike on the road for years but every summer I feel the urge lol.

Marc Stock

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 05:16:19 pm »
What bike you thinking of getting when you pass? I haven’t had a bike on the road for years but every summer I feel the urge lol.

Looking for a GSX 650F or Sprint ST. Depending on whats available. What bikes have you ridden?

Den68

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 06:33:41 pm »
None for a long time lol, approx 20 years ago I went with a friend to try out a sprint st  we both tried out several bikes and he bought the speed triple I loved riding that far better than the st, my brother around 10 years ago bought the Daytona 600 which was nicer to ride than all the other sport bikes I have ridden I would definitely go for either of them before ST personally the are just better looking and not as boring, but I’m aware what I prefer not going to be the same as someone else.

I’m not really into sport bike they tend to give me backache I’m more into supermotard me personally like the more upright position especially around town etc.

Now days I would probably go for Honda VfR or similar if I got another bike  if you intended to do a bit of mileage rode one of the again approx 10 years back and if felt really comfortable.

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 06:47:22 pm »
I could do with some more snow. I earned loads in the snow doing fsg cleans.
That 2 days of hot weather we had...I was baking  ;D

As for motorbikes, I've had loads over 25 years. Where I'm based, the kind of riding I like to do and the condition of the roads, I'd buy another old BMW R1100GS. Bit like me; very old, but very, very good.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 09:53:07 pm »
Enjoyed finishing work by wednesday of last week.  After working hard for last two months to get my work back in its usual routine (due to some family health issues) im able to take this week off as well.  My customers saw me back round cleaning just after 3 weeks instead of the usual 4, so a week off now will prolong it a little. Since im filling this week with some pressure washing jobs n soft washing smaller jobs it can rain all it wants for me.
Sorry, know thats a little selfish,
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 09:58:04 pm »

Looking for a GSX 650F or Sprint ST. Depending on whats available. What bikes have you ridden?

I have a Suzuki Gsx 600 F, good fun and very fast, pulls wheelies even in 6th gear, easy as pie, with 0-60 in 3.5 secs, wicked fun

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 08:40:27 am »
Enjoyed finishing work by wednesday of last week.  After working hard for last two months to get my work back in its usual routine (due to some family health issues) im able to take this week off as well.  My customers saw me back round cleaning just after 3 weeks instead of the usual 4, so a week off now will prolong it a little. Since im filling this week with some pressure washing jobs n soft washing smaller jobs it can rain all it wants for me.
Sorry, know thats a little selfish,

i bet you could clean all your months window cleaning work in 2 weeks if you worked 5 days a week.leaving 2 weeks off for add on jobs/days out/looking after the family.....
price higher/work harder!

duncan h

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 09:24:44 pm »

I have a Suzuki Gsx 600 F, good fun and very fast, pulls wheelies even in 6th gear, easy as pie, with 0-60 in 3.5 secs, wicked fun
My bike (zzr1400) does it in 2.5 seconds, all the way to 200mph. Downside is my licence is full of points :(

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 10:12:54 pm »
Apparently we are in for more snow again.... ::)roll

who says?...i doubt it....its the 1st of may in a few hours......... :D :D
price higher/work harder!