6 (10.5%)
To many complications
38.6%
22 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Karl Wildey

Re: IDEA???
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2005, 08:43:31 am »
Fibre reviver - you get my vote, put me down for the Norfolk area, company is Connoisseur carpet care,

Lets start the ball rolling, if it stops then maybe we can start it rolling again, but until we start we do not know what are going to be are main problems

Everbrite

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2005, 02:36:17 pm »
Thats True Karl I am sure there must be a way to make it work. I am on my own have been trading since 1992 so must be doing something right. Anymore Interested??? ;)

ian richards

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2005, 06:58:03 pm »
Hi All

Due to the positve feedback that this topic has recieved, i think it is certainly worth taking to the next stage.
There has been some interesting and constructive criticism received but i can not see too much to be concerned about, after all' what we are saying here is for us to develop a credible way of moving business to our fellow CC's across the uk.
We all know the reason insurance companies use franchises,  because they see them as being a larger organisation of which they can use to act as a sole agent for themselves, and getting some form of discount enabeling themselves to save money!! We all know how it works!!
So, our hope is to develop a  BODY of some sort, to moniter and help develop an organisation that will compete against such franchises.
It does not have to be BIG straight away, we plant the seed and nurture the  development and hopefully watch it grow into a highly regarded, stable and recognized organisation.

So, we know what we want , the next stage is to put the chain round the cog and start to peddle!!!

I would therefore ask for all interested parties to forward their names and area's of which they would like to cover.

I would also suggest that we hold a meeting at Milton Keynes to brainstorm our ideas, and to form a commitee to push the idea forward.

Listed below are some deffinates that we will need to consider to establish the project.

1. Do we have to be NCCA recognized?

2. Do we have to be IICRC trained?

3. Does it make any difference of how long we have  been trading?

4. Who will market the venture?

5. How will we fund the venture?

6. Who is seriously prepared to put the time and effort in, to get this opperation moving?
7. Do we need a website ( I personally think its a must! )

ONLY, and i must stress ONLY, put your names forward if you really want this venture to happen, i dont want to get involved if it collapses after a few weeks because nobody is doing there bit!!!

We will need a few people to work together on this project so we will need to nominate our fellow CC's

All these can be decided at a later date, we will have to wait and see who puts there name forward.

SO GET POSTING!!!

One thing we will need is PERSISTANCE!!

And persistance is,

"Doing the thing, that you said you would do, long after the mood you said it in, has left you!!"

Ian

gwrightson

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2005, 08:41:25 pm »
so Ian ,
 What you are saying is " if not NCCA recognised , or IICRC trained " they are not likely to be considered as part of this scheme!!!
 I would suggest that an awful lot of capable c.c. would fall into this catogory
 therfore you are would be excluding any number of c.c. However having said this , I would also say that perhaps these c.c. would not be interested any way
as they would be already be members of these organisations.
 does this make sense?
  geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

ian richards

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2005, 08:51:39 pm »

Hi Geoff

No, i'm not saying that!!!

Try reading the post again mate!!

What i asked for was people's input, it's not for me to decide, it's for the forum to decide.

The only thing i stressed was for certain points to be considered.

Ian 

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2005, 09:10:59 pm »
I'm up for it.

so long as you don't hold the fact that i'm a beginer and i'm not in any clubs against me

20 mile radius of truro

gwrightson

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2005, 09:42:16 pm »
Ian point taken, you did not state that these where neccesary qualifications,
 but from reading your post , that was impression i got.  That as they would be up for disscusion, the liklyhood, and no doubt possible out come would be that these would be pre qualifiying neccesitys.
  Well thats the impression i am getting!!!  I could be wrong!! as often i am :D
   Carpet Knights well all I can say is , wait and see
  Hope i am proved wrong
  geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

paul@scc

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2005, 12:52:01 am »
thought id have my 10p worth. What you all are suggesting is something that is very simple and basic to set up and has been working in other service sectors for year ie plumber, driving agencies etc etc

Most of there systems work like this they ring a national call rate number that asks them to input there phone number this then put them in direct communication with the nearest source. by making it a national number this would cover all call and communications costs

Second point must be there has to be a level of entry ie ncca member or prochem trained even though the genral public dont recognise what this is they understand the basis of belonging to such an organisation

The only problems i see is the general public taking to this instead of just ringing the 1st cc they see in the yp or the leaflets that come through the door. There has got to be money to educate people on the impotance of c.c which is where the money would have to invested and who would be prepared to pay on average of £100 up front

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2005, 06:15:43 am »
Hi  All

As I posted earlyer I would able to cover the  South and Mid Wales area,

And I agree with what Paul has posted before me.

Also how often do you clean customers homes because they are moving  to diffent areas of the uk? for work or study etc

Myself pretty often, Give them the person's name and number of the c/c who is in charge of that area and Bob's your uncle it working its that simply  :D

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2005, 07:15:41 am »
Who's going to take responsibility if the cc say in Scotland does a poor job and the client wants it done again by another cleaner as he was not happy with the first one.Is there going to be someone who will travel round the country making sure everyones work is up to standard like a quality assurance inspector.Costs would be incurred if this happened where does that money come from?Who decides on the quality of workmanship carried out?How many strikes would you have against you before work was stopped coming your way? Lots of things to sort out before this project could take off the ground.

paul@scc

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2005, 09:01:21 am »
 I think to lower the risk of the job not being upto a satisfactory standard then the should offer the money back guarentee i think this would lower the amout of complaints if there was still a ongoing complaint then like posted by a few before then an area co-ordinator would be on hand to sort any problems out a
membership fee would go to some way of helping plus that any work carried out by a carpet cleaner would incurr say 5%. The good thing is that using a telephone system all number. would be stored for ring backs to customers to find out if there is anyone hiding any work.
I would be very happy to help set this type of system up

Everbrite

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2005, 01:56:17 pm »
Well its getting closer to getting it going, but can we meet halfway say Sheffield Milton Keynes is to far south for most to travel.
Put me on the list i will cover East-coast what we need now is a good chat to sort out training etc etc.

ian richards

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2005, 07:06:59 pm »

Well!!!!

Now that i have asked everybody to show there hands.....

It's all gone very quiet :-\ :-\ :-\

Ian

paul@scc

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2005, 09:49:05 pm »
well maybe a list should be arranged and a meeting sorted

Everbrite

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2005, 12:31:31 am »
Thought i had already said that come on lets get going or just forget it ???
Ball now in your court Ian

ian richards

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2005, 10:22:27 pm »
Like i said , can we have a show of hands from the cc's who want to get involved????

And as yet there arnt many  :-\ :-\

The CC's  that are going to Milton Keynes who want to have a meet, pm me and i'll sort out a time.

But i must say, already the interest is starting to diminish :( :(

As i said before it will need a lot of support!!!

Ian 

richardcartieruk

Re: National Cleaning Company - GOOD IDEA???
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2005, 12:02:28 am »
If anyone wants a few good ideas let me know.  I know it can work just need a level head to make it work and organise it

Richard

paul@scc

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2005, 01:09:28 am »
Hi im still intrested just depends on what the doc says tommorow

ian richards

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2005, 11:08:50 pm »

Will be speaking to aother CC in the next few days to take it to the next stage, so..... Watch this space ;)

Ian