Kevin_Gare

Re: John Bolton's on the Mend
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2005, 10:52:39 pm »
Haven't been on the old web this week... wow what a shock.......
Sorry to hear about old John boy, Get well soon mate and take it easy. And here's  to a speedy recovery.

All the best mate, To you and your family.

Regards Kevin
Kevin
South London Geezer/working City, south London, North Kent.

Doug Holloway

Spoke to John Bolton
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2005, 08:29:31 am »
Hi Guys,

I rang the hospital to find out what ward John is on so I could post a card , thought this better than his home address.

They put me through to his ward and I enquired how he was to which they replied he's about 10 feet away , do you want to speak to him. :D

Chatted to John for about 5 mins and he sounded good ,although was waning towards the end.

He said he is very bored and not sleeping well because he is not doing anything during the day.

I sent him the best wishes of you all and said that many messages had been posted for him.

He is making good progress but it will be a long haul ,4-5 weeks in hospital , then transferred to a  London  hospital and then 6 weeks convalescing , which John joked didn't sound like carpet cleaning!

John has no access to the internet but would love any cards and maybe a letter or two would alleviate his boredom.

I didn't ask about visiting as John was tiring .

Details for cards etc are ,

John Bolton c/o,
26 Harley street
Leigh on Sea ,

Essex
SS92NJ

This is my address and I will post them on.

Londoner

Re: Spoke to John Bolton
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2005, 09:35:55 am »
Thanks for the update Doug. If he's bored its a good sign.

Len Gribble

Have seen John Bolton
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2005, 07:09:45 pm »
Hi all

Pop into to see John today very cheery, John had the monitoring equipment (recoil) taken off this morning and is walking about, he sends his thanks to all who have sent cards and posted (print out taken did notice tears in his eyes)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ed Valentine

Re: Have seen John Bolton
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2005, 03:22:15 pm »
Len;

Thanks for the up-date and good news.

What a wonderful individual.

Good Fortune to John and his family;
Ed Valentine

Neil Gott

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2005, 08:49:47 pm »
John,

My best wishes for a full recovery. It may be encouraging for you to know that I had a heart attack 16 years ago, and I am still cleaning carpets at the age of 70, and not planning to stop.

I put this down to not going back to work until given the all clear (12 weeks holiday!) not pushing myself to the limit, and following medical advice to the letter.

All the best, Neil
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2005, 09:07:17 pm »
Neil what great advice, hope John reads this one!

Shaun

Derek

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2005, 10:33:32 pm »
Neil

You really have hit the nail on the head..... its all about being sensible.

Nature has a weird way of issuing warnings to us from time to time... John's was a heart attack from which we all hope he will completely recover.

High blood pressure is another warning which can be ticking away ...its known as the silent killer

The stress of running a business can certainly take its toll on us all....just be aware...we are not immortal

Derek

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2005, 09:02:20 am »
Derek,

You just reminded me I had a letter from the Doc telling me I was due for another Blood presure test. Although I had one a few weeks ago when I had my leg op  answer all was ok you cant be to careful and as the surgery obviosly does not get info from hospital i had better make appointment

Word of advice In the past I was rushing to  blood preasure appointment going in straight away and having reading.

Oh dear appears to be boardring on high.

Now what ever time I arrive they make me wait 10 minutes to relax before they take reading. And preasure is Ok without tablets etc as I did not take them.

Hope John is still recovering and not getting to boared

Best Wishes

Ian

woodman

Re: John Bolton update
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2005, 06:36:05 pm »

John's making steady recovery although still tucked up in his 'uncle ned' (bed for our northern friends ;D))

He hopes to be back at work in 5-6 weeks.

paulchambers

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2005, 09:24:30 pm »
Hi

I havnt been on here for  awhile and have been sorry to hear about John , the chap is a encyclopaedia to the carpet and upholstery cleaning service and a asset to this forum.

And would like to wish him well.

Paul

PS has there been a collection for him

Martin Sambrook

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2005, 09:31:33 pm »
now thats a good idea, if only for a get well prezzy. Count me in if someone can organise

Martin Sambrook

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2005, 09:33:32 pm »
we could buy him this item i spotted  on ebay, it would probably give him a laugh  item no: 6370528611

paul@ctcs

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2005, 09:53:06 pm »
Fuerturventura is nice this time of year 8) Ideal place to relax and get over something like poor old John has suffered.
We should start a collection :)

Paul