Richard1967

Which machine?
« on: July 05, 2008, 11:57:56 am »
I am about to buy my first machine, but I can not decide between Powr-Flite from Cleansmart or the Advantage from Alltech, the Advantage I am led to believe can do hard floors and tiles by buying a new attachment, is there much potential to do hard floors and tiles?  I can get a Powr-Flite in a couple of days but the Advantage will take 3 weeks, and on servicing the Powr-Flite I can get serviced locally but the Advantage would require a 2 hour trip every 6 months for a service, both seem to have pro's and con's but which one to choose!

If anyone uses one of these machines can let me know their opinions, I know there are a lot of other machines out there and some may be better, but I have narrowed it down to these two, based on my budget and location of suppliers.

Richard

Richard1967

Re: Which machine?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 12:02:19 pm »
O.K just had another look at Cleansmart site and I am now also considering the Prochem Steampro 2000, so views on this one as well!
Richard

mark shannon

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 12:29:08 pm »
Prochem pumps low PSI i would steer clear, have heard good things about Powerflite.

sandrew

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 01:00:46 pm »
i would go with alltec all day long ive  had a aqua for four years now  no probs plus heater on machine as well
andrews cleaning services

AJB

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 01:05:53 pm »
I have had a Powrflite 1350 for 14 months now, it's a very good machine.
Big and heavy but easily loaded thanks to the handle wheels,
in that time with a lot of use , i've replaced a vac motor due to a leak
in one of the perfect heat coils, unlucky there. and replaced the eccentric bearing on the pump
which collapsed , which now gets greased every once in a while.
This machine will do you fine.
You can buy attachments to clean patios etc, to go with almost any machine, but you do need a good
pump and the Powrflite although badged CFR, is a pumptec 500 Psi.
I've also playing around built a booster, which increased airflow dramatically, unfortunatly
with high vacuum and high airflow it locks the wonderwand to the carpet, so only suitable on
certain carpets.
This machine makes my old Ninja look like a toy, and impresses the hell out of customers. They know you mean business.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

lands

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 01:45:26 pm »
Agree with Mark. Had a steampro and there is nothing wrong with it but having the adjustably higher pressure and heat makes a big difference to performance (especially if you are using pureclean or similar).

Pete

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 02:00:03 pm »
Powerflight is a high performance twin vac portable with 500psi pump. Excellent reputation in the industry. The Wonder Wand too has an excellent reputation.

The Alltec Advantage is a twin vac 135(?) psi machine and is a solid workhorse. It would not be suitable for any patio tile and grout cleaning.

Were you thinking more of the Alltec Advance? This is similar but with a 600psi pump.

The Prochem SteemPro is closer in spec to the Advantage, so inferior to the others you've mentioned.

IMO, you need at least 1000psi for tile and grout cleaning and perhaps as much as 3000psi for patios.  Any less and the job becomes too slow to be a main line profit earner for your business.

Tools and other attachments within our industry are, on the whole, interchangeable. Sometimes you may need to change a QD fitting from male to female (or vice versa) to make different brands work for you. If you wanted to use a WonderWand with another brand of machine, you'll need more than 200psi, preferably 300psi plus.

If you have a smaller vehicle, the Alltec machines are a little more compact.

If I had to shoose from the above list, The Powerflight would just about nudge the Advance, but I'd be happy with either.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

from edge2edge

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 02:51:53 pm »
I have a powerflight and it is impressive with the wonderwand.Also i get lots of people mentioning how big and impressive it looks.Regards Alan (swindon)

Richard1967

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 04:16:47 pm »
Thanks for all the replies.  Ken, yes I meant the Advance, very confusing when all their models start with 'A', hadn't quite woken up when I made my original post. I tested one on Thursday, very impressed, but have yet to see and test the Powr-flite, so I will make make my mind up after having tested it.

Richard

Neil Grainger

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 04:23:50 pm »
The new advance is very good with the 600psi pump in it, much better than the old advantage.

Support from chris and customer services is also great, never had a problem with anything from Alltec.

maxcarpets

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 05:18:39 pm »
If you go withh alltec youll be able to offer THE DEEPEST CLEAN EVER!

Sorry that was a joke before you all attack me.

kinder clean

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 05:56:40 pm »

Hi Richard

I would agree with the comments regarding the powrflite, I have been very impressed with the performance only drawback is the weight, but once you get the knack of loading and unloading from the van its fine - just watch you bend your knees!!!

It will also easily work with 100ft of hose, so you should never have to lump it up any stairs.

Its a very impressive looking piece of kit, a good selling point in itself.

Paul

TommyB

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 09:58:25 pm »
Buy a Truck mount mate and put yourself in a truly competitive situation from the start. If you want people to take you seriously you have to set yourself up with the proper kit and in my experience people are feed up of people calling themselves carpet cleaners turning up with some mickey mouse machine. No disrespect to anyone, just my take on things.
Tom

des

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 10:16:05 pm »
Richard Why dont you get a demo of all the machine,s that you want to try and then make your mind up .The Weight of the machine  is some thing i would look at as im always getting jobs from the truckmounters around my area when they can not reach a job The machine that i use is light but very powerful and does a great job 500psi Des ps try before you buy
des at mister clean

Richard1967

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 10:23:28 pm »
Des, what machine do you have?
Richard

des

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 10:37:04 pm »
Richard Ive got the Scorpion 3 supercharged XPS 500PSI light but cleanes like a truckmount. Forget the tile cleaning thing you need 1000psi for that and i think they are bringing out a machine with 1000psi that you connect to the scorpion for tile cleaning .This is so the main machine stays light for taking up stairs when your doing flats Best machine ive ever had Des
des at mister clean

Gerry Styles

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 10:43:14 pm »
My first machine was Prochem Steampro 200, I still keep it now for jobs where I can;t get in with tm
Premier Klean Limited

Kev Loomes

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 10:50:23 pm »
The new advance is very good with the 600psi pump in it, much better than the old advantage.

Support from chris and customer services is also great, never had a problem with anything from Alltec.

The 'new' Advance is identicle in spec to the older Advantage :o The only difference is the pump (bigger), and it looks uglier ;D

Neil Grainger

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 04:12:22 pm »
Tom

What a load of rubbish, new starts are best to start at a low level as regards expenditure and its not always about the size of the tool its what you do with it. In today's market why spend out so much when none of us no what is going to happen and anyway I have sorted out a number of jobs that Truckmount users have messed up.

Kev

You are right about the pump, but boy what a difference it makes. You always seem to be knocking the machines from alltec or is it just alltec you dont like. I had a look at the scorpion the other day and its power is great but without the heater, i'm just not sure.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 04:21:33 pm »
Hi Guys

All the machines mentioned have their pros and cons.

I personally would not buy a machine without heat, I know heat and runs can be used but in my view you want a machine which does the job without too much messing around.

As we know it all comes down to how the available power is used, 3 vacs no heat,  2 vacs heat.

Truckmounts are another issue altogether, much more power particularly for the big engines but also much higher cost.

As a newbie the option of going to a local supplier who can repair / advise is a big plus.

Cheers

Doug