Re: Micro splitting again
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 12:33:46 pm »
Hi Nick,

The labels on One Steps range have changed to reflect the actual cleaning performance of these unique cleaning solutions. We have been recommending these dilutions for quite a while now thanks to customer feedback.

You yourself recommended several years ago that I should be using One Step at these dilutions. It was the same time that I asked your advice regarding the purchase of the CFR system, and your glowing endorsement of both products led to my decision to purchase CFR and One Step. Obviously your advice with experimenting with the performance of One Step was also taken on board.

I thank you once again!!!

Regards

Steve

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2004, 02:18:00 pm »
Steve

I have NEVER recommended dilution of 1:40 on ANY microsplitting chemical at any time. As for RECOMMENDING a CFR machine if you remember correctly before you purchased your machine I had already moved on to a heated machines from a different manufacturer, I informed you that the machine was not in my opinion a very good all round machine I have now sold all my CFR machines.

When manufacturing Micro splitting chemicals there is a saturation point using the raw chemical that cannot be increased due to the fact the chemical will become discoloured therefore contaminating the surface being cleaned a higher dilution is possible but with very limited results.

Your own labels clearly state the actual dilution available

Best regards Nick

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2004, 03:47:49 pm »
Hi Nick,

It was mentioned at a meeting with you, your fellow director Tim (at the time) and Peter Blair of Axiom. I was working for Traemar Ltd at the time and attended with my colleague Tom Butcher. We were discussing the possibility of a joint venture servicing carpet-cleaning contracts across the UK. We had been using One Step for only a short time when we met up with you. We said that we were using in conjunction with truckmounted cleaning equipment at a dilution of 1to 8. You and your colleague Tim gave us some tips on its use and told us, that you were using it from 1 to 16 for carpet extraction cleaning and from 1:16 and up to 1:40 for bonnet cleaning.

I first purchased the CFR tooling to use with a truckmount and then high performance portables. Karl from Amtech UK said that I should also look at the CFR soil extractor. I had a demonstration from him and asked him for three contact numbers, yours being one of them. He mentioned to me that you had 4 or 5 CFR machines.

I certainly remember our conversation and that you also used other extraction equipment (US Products), of which I am very familiar with having owned one. However, you still said to me that the Altra Pro 1000 was an excellent machine and this was the first CFR machine I purchased in November 2002 based mainly on your advice, the others didn’t own the 1000psi model. I had also seen and spoken to you on Amtech UK’s stand at previous NCCA and NEC trade shows and you couldn’t speak highly enough of the CFR system.

With regard to One Step’s dilution ratio’s I said that the labels had been changed to reflect its actual performance. The concentrate hasn’t been changed but product sold at the recent Carpex show had the old labels on them.

Regards

Steve

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2004, 04:00:34 pm »
Steve

I have NEVER recommended dilution of 1:40 on ANY microsplitting chemical at any time. .

Best regards Nick

Dynafoam

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004, 04:00:47 pm »
It is sad to detect a note of 'polite animosity' developing between two respected members of our industry.

It is to be hoped that this does not develop into more than their current differences and that future exchanges are  in the former tone.

Best wishes to you both.

*paul_moss

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2004, 08:34:00 pm »
John I agree with you totally.
Great forum with loads of advice from very experianced carpet cleaners.
Steve and Nick its quite clear you both have an issue to sort out here.

Although interesting to read.
Would be better taken off line and discussed privately between your selves instead of using the forum to up stage each other.

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

gwrightson

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2004, 09:28:41 pm »
nick ,
dont you like cfr machines?,
i thought you really liked them , or have you just found better alternatives
regards  geoff,
p.s. i like the cfr  i got from you ,well so far  ::)
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2004, 10:13:50 pm »
Sort it out in the ring ::)

Like a celebraty boxing match all procedes go to charity!!

In the red corner Steve "One Step" Carpenter

In the blue corner Nick "The Solution" VW

id buy a ticket

no cowboy boots Nick ;D

regards

Nick Holman

Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

paul@ctcs

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2004, 10:18:51 pm »
I'll take a couple of tickets ;D

Michel Roberts

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2004, 12:00:20 am »
John's Right

You know it makes sense!

Michell

Michel Roberts

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2004, 12:04:27 am »
Look at that, I come back from the pub and I can't even spell my own name right!

I don't think I'm going to be very good at getting old.

Michel

Derek

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2004, 06:49:29 am »
It takes practice Michel ;)

Derek

Derek

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2004, 06:58:02 am »
Hi again

On the issue of the impending 'Rumble' I have commented before on the fact that Nick was instrumental in my purchase of the CFR machine. Steve has since taken my knowledge of the product many stages further.

At the same time Nick verbally informed me of the 'correct' way to use One-Step...I shall be eternally grateful to him as I just couldn't get my brain in gear to the fact that so little product is used ...I think many of us have been in that pridicament at some point

Dilution rates ...I tend to use the product at around 1-20 as a general rule and 1-16 on occasions... maybe the products have been reformulated which give a higher dilution rate

Derek

Doug Holloway