carpetguy

Re: chem dry prices
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 11:40:54 pm »
Joey p

At 62 I don't find c/c hard work........I suffer from a knackered back, which is painful  but the actual work needn't be hard. If it is, maybe something needs changed'

Painting and decorating, I do find to be hard work.

If someone has been in this business for 15 years, they will have two things that should guarantee regular work, provided they understand marketing, first, there should be a large customer base and second there will be a reputation.

If the reputation is, good and the customer base is exploited, advertising costs should be minimal

The comparison with a painter / decorator came about, as a result of activities in our home which made me think about the charges some make for carpet cleaning and the time taken, compared with the charges for painting / decorating and time taken, also the physical effort.

joey p

Re: chem dry prices
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 08:36:32 am »
carpetguy what you have just is quite obvious, a bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted, but for people new to this bussiness thats not so. But hey ho, we will all differ in opinion, as you said, i can except that, i just dont agree. All my aches and pains come from this damn bussiness, i just cant go back to painting and decorating!!! Doesnt pay well enough....
cheers off to work mate.