Ivar_Haglund

Re: Scotchgard Returns
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 06:44:28 am »
I wonder when the Norwegian formula comes out?

Ivar in from comm  job this morning :P

woodman

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 01:05:52 pm »
Derek & George

All gone quiet on the Scotchgard front,

Are we to assume that this product from Carpet Extractor  IS  in fact the latest improved product as advertised.

Trevor

Derek

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2004, 10:28:09 pm »
Hi Trevor

I met up with George yesterday to discuss some other matters but he did say that has contacted 3M in the States who are looking into this particular matter...they were apparently unaware that a US product was on sale over here.

Derek

George@Multimaster

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2004, 01:36:31 pm »
Trevor, as Derek said I spoke to 3M USA on Tuesday. The latest is that the product is meant for the US contract market (offices, hotels etc) and this is almost totally a synthetic fibre content. The product is not designed for upholstery, but as much of the US upholstery is also synthetic fibre too then they have tried it and it doesn't do any harm. Please be aware that if we use it in the UK it must be careful with our carpets and fabrics because we have a much higher natural fibre content in our domestic and contract markets. (See other notes about colour shift and pH sensitive dyes)
I have asked for samples to be sent to me and I'll share  with Derek when it arrives. I'm sure Derek will thouroughly test and appraise the product, and from there we can recommend the best way to use it. 3M really are keen to ensure that all professional users get the best advice and information about their products, so will be helping us with this. The person I spoke with was not aware that the UK was already getting this product advertised.
I think the best thing to do for the moment is wait for some further advice.
Thanks
George

Shorty

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2004, 02:03:42 pm »
I know it's a bit late in the day for this post, but, what is the code for this protector??

Would it by chance be something like

FX4860 ??

Just curious, as we have not had 3M Scotchgard Fabric Protector, down under for several years, and I have repeatedly been told that 3M will no longer be bringing in an after sales treatment.

Cheers,

Shorty.
Shorty.

The short, round, mound of sound, from up top, down under.

Derek

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2004, 01:25:17 am »
Hi Shorty

I had a look at my drum of the new Scotchgard fabric protector and unfortunately it doesn't have a 'brand' number on it.

The product does have a brand number...I will check it out for you... I am pretty sure the one you quoted isn't it.. its something like BX 3862...???

Incidentally.... my drum has the prototype number on it

Cheers
Derek

George@Multimaster

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2004, 06:49:22 pm »
The new upholstery product is given the snappy name of PM3862.

In keeping with the usual 3M form they do not put the Scotchgard brand on any product except those sold directly to the consumer (aerosols etc), so you will not find the name on the blue steel drums, though we are looking at adding something to the drums to help with ID for those buying them.

George

Derek

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2004, 10:21:48 am »
Thanks George

I get my numbers mixed up these days...its my age.

Prefix PM it is...my test drum obviously means I have PM(T)...That explains a lot! ;)

Derek