Ivar_Haglund

CROSS AMERICAN machine
« on: April 15, 2004, 09:43:07 pm »
It has been nearly 6 months since I have had my Cross American Recoil 3 I have not had to take it out of the truck once. with hose runs up to 75 meters. I can go longer using the vacuum booster.

How do i run it from the truck?

All I did was remove my old gas powered truck mount hook the recoil into fresh water tank and use my waste tank.
and for heat I still use my kero water heater.

I have great dry times even in winter now with spring apon us I think it will even be better.

I would just like to thank Ed Valentine for making such a nice Electric truck mount that can go portable.

Tusen Takk

IVAR

;D

woodman

Re: CROSS AMERICAN machine
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 10:10:53 pm »
Interesting!

How are you other guys getting on with your recoils?

Mr Bolton, how are you getting on with yours, do you find the noise a major problem (or have you overcome this in same way ) and do you run in line heaters.

I must say the more I think about the whole concept the more I like it and with one or two bits of tinkering for the British market I am sure this machine will be a winner.

Nigel_W

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 10:38:19 pm »
Hi Woodman,

Enjoying the rest?

This week I had to take my Powermax to a job instead of the Recoil. This is the first time I have done this since using the Recoil. The drop in performance surprised me - I guess I have got used to the Recoils extra pressure and flow rate. The only thing I would tinker with for the UK market  is the noise. Its not a problem if the Recoil is outside or tucked away in another room. Not much fun when its in an enclosed space with marble floors.

Nigel

PS Maybe John will have developed a silencer by now?

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 10:42:27 pm »
Ivar

Are you sure it's 75 metres? Thats over 240ft. Without the booster on that sort of run?

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 11:05:03 pm »
Terry & Nigel,

Some customers have commented on the noise - I simply reply that I can either use a Vax or superpower ;D  Incidentaly, a single silencer could not work with this machine due to its' three separate outlets.

The big surprise with the machine is the pump. I've used 400psi electric pumps in the past but this one at 350, or more commonly, 300psi delivers a consistantly good flow without the innitial surge/dropoff found with similar units.

I do think, though that I'd need a trailer to carry 75 mtrs of hose.  ;D

John.

PS. Thanks for the promotion to 'Mr'

Dynafoam

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 11:14:08 pm »
Ivar,

Like Nigel, I use an Ashbys Steammate (electric) in-line heater. When blasting off some oil from a customers' driveway, I turned the heat up to 110C and got a sustaned blast of steam for some time.

John.

Ivar_Haglund

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 01:33:09 am »
Sorry I should have typed 55 meters from the truck.

And in the truck noise is not a problem like my old gas powered truck mount.

I have run about I guess 200 feet from the truck with vacuum booster.

I also have a very quiet Honda generator.

IVAR ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 03:18:17 am »
Is this an advert for the Cross America?

Or an independent review?

Ivar_Haglund

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 05:31:14 am »
this is a view from a owner of said equipment and I am very happy with it. I guess you dont many others post about what equipment or service or products they like here.
with out being suspect?

IVAR :P

woodman

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 12:07:26 pm »
Hi Guys

Ian ,very much an independent review it's good to hear how new machinery to this country is performing as I know that many other cleaners are thinking about the recoil, an update from a new user is, I think, valuable information.

Nigel, Rest what Rest !  >:(  

it's been nice I must say and I've been out and helped a couple of cleaners with estimating etc since the meet at Watford.

Have carried out one or two very large jobs since we spoke and I am getting quite a bit of interest with the Solugard, so much so that I may develop my own Certificate to go with it.Having been down this route before I believe i can cover my back and keep customers coming back time and time again, (something I may discuss at a later date)  ;)

John, (who's this Terry geezer ;D)

Are you taking yours off the van or can you run it quite happily from the truck.
How long does it take you to set up on site and on some jobs do find its a bit of a hammer to crack a nut ,so to speak :-/  and have you used it on upholstery? Phew :D

TREVOR

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 08:09:41 pm »
Dont Panic,

It was my attempt at humour, leg pull etc

As I am an Easterner my sense of humour is different

I am very interested in genuine reviews on all products and services as long as they are genuine

and do not get anyone into trouble for saying what they believe

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 09:15:38 pm »
Ian, i can see where your coming from with your first post, I'm starting to get a bit sick of some posts that are starting to appear, if you want to thank someone for making a good machine then great thank them, but why not send them a personal message,

the same goes for all you saddo's who keep raving about Solutions, so what if you ordered it yesturday and got it today, since when was next-day-delivery something to get excited about. most of my suppliers have been doing it for years.

I'm waiting for someone to say the've got erection problems :o :o  So Nick can tell then he's got the 'solution'

if you listen to Him there is'nt a problem that Solutions can't handle ;D ;D

Mike

Yes dear I'm coming, time for my medication?  Ok
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

des

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 09:19:44 pm »
Hi Ivar
     Can you tell me what a kero water heater is and where did you get it from (web site)  des at mister clean
des at mister clean

Dynafoam

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 09:49:00 pm »
Trevor geezer,

Soory abuot teh naem, it's teh way I tpye  ;D (Not because the silly old g*t got confused)

I do not leave the machine on the van because I do not like running hoses across footpaths and it is so light I can take it on and off with one hand.

To answer the hammer-nut question, my other machine is more powerfull - anyway you know when you are useing too much power - the wand starts to behave like a knee-kicker  ;D

Set-up times are pretty much as per any other portable; I'm used to running two power leads anyway. At the end of the job I spend a little more time  due to the fact that the dump valve cannot drain the last gallon and a drain plug has to be removed from the side of the tank and the machine tilted. However, because of the excellent water delivery, each cleaning stroke is performed a bit faster, so overall job times are reduced.

Strangely I have not done an upholstery job this month  ;D but I did pull an old cotton print armchair out of a skip to play with. At 50ft, with two motors running it felt about right. With draylon perhaps I would have used the third motor, althogh with my prvious machine I normally used only two. Even with the CFR tool, with red(finest) jet fitted, at 350psi I felt the water delivery was excessive. At about the 250psi setting the results were as good, and at about 150psi it seemed to be performing just as well. Since CFR recommend 400psi to achieve atomisation, I think quite a bit more experimentation is required. It was difficult to assess dryness, since the chair had been rained on the previous day.

As you wrote - Phew.

John.

adl

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 09:49:57 pm »
mike i have an erection problem would a good number 2 solve it

lee_gundry

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 09:50:05 pm »
cleaned a lounge carpet today,that i clean every 4 mty

This time it cleaned up far better than ever before.
I used solutions 8.
As i was half way through the job i ran out of solutions 8 & i called nick & orderd 2 cases.

By the time i had a brew with the owner, there was a knock at the door & it was UPS with my delivery from solutions.

Lee G
cumbria

Dynafoam

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 09:54:25 pm »
Mike,

Don't take those tablets !

It would not be the same without the occasional 'Halliday wind-up'.

Regards,

John.

adl

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 09:56:22 pm »
lee
try the solution number 2 if you order that you will get it an hour before you order it Guaranteed or your money back

Dynafoam

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2004, 12:47:58 am »
Now, now chaps - it's Mike that does the wind-ups  ;D

But

I though about ordering something tommorow, then remembered it came yesterday,

John.

adl

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2004, 01:50:05 pm »
nick i want to order some more solution next week but it hasnt arrived yet, has the courier broke down?