Paul H Coulthard

Cleaning website info
« on: December 20, 2015, 07:31:29 pm »
Hi all how many gave had websites built for there cleaning services. How long does it take to get placed on the 1st page of Google and get ranked all info is good

Paul H Coulthard

Re: Cleaning website info
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:04:21 pm »
I have had 1 built from a company and just and it's all active but wondering how long it takes to get it ranked near the top on Google

ShaunL

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:39:11 pm »
It can take weeks or months or even days! In my experience,climbing the results page is a result from constant tweaking and input.

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 11:21:25 pm »
Thank u shaun is getting up there u might agree a website is not worth nothing it's were it's listed no 1 looks from.the 1st page

dan paton

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 09:34:48 am »
It all depends on where you live and how good your competition's SEO is. You could live in a small village and it could be easy but in the other hand it could be very difficult if their seo is very good. Google will show the site who has the best on and offsite  seo. My whole point is you have to make sure yours is better than the competition  :)

Rosemary

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 09:44:09 am »
It could take weeks, months or years. Basically what you must do is build your site according to Google's quality guide lines https://support.google.com/webmasters/topic/6001981?hl=en&ref_topic=3309300

jasonl

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 10:13:46 am »
It is a job for the professionals. 

Trying it yourself is just like cleaning with a rug doctor, it can be done, it will just take a long time and will not be as good .

Spend the money, get the service is my advice.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

fibresafe

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 12:23:33 pm »
Paul,

You can be on the first page in minutes if you use adwords. Then hopefully if/when you start ranking well on natural listings you can reduce/drop the adwords spend. Adwords costs but is guaranteed. You can spend a lot of money on SEO but with no guarantee of success. If your site is properly optimized it shouldn't be too difficult to rank 1st page locally but this could take many months.

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 03:54:13 pm »
It has been built of a  company  it starting to go up and up as we speak. Hopefully to the top

davep

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 04:49:57 pm »
Don't forget to clear your pc memory or you'll see your site at the top but no one else will.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 04:57:41 pm »
Paul put up a link so we can have a look at it ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 08:28:46 pm »
www.coulthardcleaningservices.co.uk  take alot guys feedback welcome

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 06:32:00 am »
Looks a very nice, basic website. Can you edit it yourself?  I would use real photos rather than stock photos.

A gallery might be a useful addition
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 07:55:46 am »
Hi mike I've have 100s on my phone he told me they wouldn't look as good on the website so just went with stock photos 1st real website . He can change things for me if I want il see how this goes want it ranked on Google I'm on the 2nd page on some things at the min tells me it takes time to get up there. Thank you for your feedback

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 01:19:39 pm »
Hi Paul.

The site looks ok and it has the required amount of text.

The fact that you have over 2000 likes to the linked FB account is great. Are these likes organic or did you or your web designer pay for ads to get likes.

The issues are that you do not appear to have a Twitter or Google+ account linked to the site and you do not also appear to have Analytics implemented. Another thing to keep an eye on is the mobile optimisation of the site. The mobile version is just about ok but the tablet and other versions do not seem optimised.

You have Titles on each page but they are the same on each page which I'm not too keen on but that may be the designers preference.

Are you paying for on going marketing/SEO or is that already part of your package or are you planning to do it all you're self.

If you are planning to do it your self let me know and I can give you some free advice.

The quickest way to get on the first page of Google apart from PPC is optimising your Google local business listing (Google maps listing) Make sure your designer has done this. It's an on going thing but very important as you can have 2 links on the first page of Google with a local business listing and a organic link.

I'm afraid the days of getting your website on the first page of Google in a few weeks has gone. It's a long term project now and as already mentioned depends on the how competitive your area is. Your area should not be to bad though :)
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 01:29:13 pm »
Flood damage clean up?......bet your busy up there with that at the mo
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

SimonW

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 03:51:02 pm »
@Paul

How much roughly did you pay for your Web design? If you don't mind please let me know

Regards
Si

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 10:53:33 pm »
Hi deep clean I will be paying the person who built my site a fee for every year to be honest things I wanted on the site he wouldn't do for my like photos ect the 1s I asked for ect said he couldn't use gave me a choice from a website called shutter stock and they were not the greatest . Would like some more info on your services. Just waiting to get listed on Google think I'm around the 2nd page at the moment  please email me or call me paulcoulthard50@gmail.com . 07780191491

Ian Harper

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 10:05:59 am »
Paul

dont put all your eggs in one basket if you go SEO road. google changes its rules all the times and you can lose position over night. for example google does not like giving you a place in say Adwords, local, and seo at the same time. it does happen but you dont have any control over when and how long.

From my view point its all in a mess at the moment and I would not be surprised if we are in for some kind of big change.  I would say focus on local listing its safe and does not change that much.  Read as much as you can about this area of google.  the nice thing about local is its mobile aspect it has a connection to mobile and as we all know mobile is massive.

I read you have a good facebook page. then this must be another area for you. well done. its not easy getting that balance right on facebook.

If you have cash flow then Adwords is a must.

One last thing about design dont get hung up on it let people tell you whats working. you would notkeep dropping a leaflet that did not work would you its the same with website design. one big reason to do it yourself. look at wordpress its great

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »
Ok no worries Paul. Good luck and I will be in touch in the New Year.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk