Simon Gerrard

Cleanfix Floormac
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:13:07 pm »
I'm thinking of getting smaller, lighter rotary for pre-scrubbing domestic carpets.
Anyone got one? Opinions please or alternatives.
Currently using an RX20 with a stripped pad on it.

Simon

*Hector*

Re: Cleanfix Floormac
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:18:19 pm »
Simon, I have found a TM4 the best thing for pre-scrubbing or agitating domestic carpets. Once switched on they move very easily round the carpet, and do a much better job than a floormac.
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Chris waters

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:29:39 pm »
Oreck orbiter?

dan paton

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »
yeah Oreck and floormac are the same machines. I use a floormac with a green brush I bought in the US and it does a sterling job . Yes a TM4 is better but the floormac does a great job.  Kev Loomes also uses the same combo and likes it. Solutions are now selling the green brush.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:02:21 pm »
did you mention you had machine similar to a TM4 Simon? cant think of the name of the machine. looks like a TM4 but has a big vac on it too for sucking up dry compound.

mark shannon

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:23:31 pm »
Victor 300 and poly brush on most and dig the enviro dry out for nastys.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 08:53:27 pm »
did you mention you had machine similar to a TM4 Simon? cant think of the name of the machine. looks like a TM4 but has a big vac on it too for sucking up dry compound.
You mean the Flexi5, I sold it.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »
Dan's right, I do like it (oreck/green brush). I got used to using the 300 (like Mark) on most domestic jobs, but the green brush really makes a difference compared to the lousy oreck black brush. Been using it for a couple of years now with no issues - and no noticeable wear on the bristles either.

I still use the 300 i.e. for larger domestics, but otherwise its the oreck, because they work so well on stairs.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 09:29:00 pm »
I'd say that the oreck is better built, I've had a floor mac and used an oreck so that my experience.

The green brush sounds as though it's perfect for the job although take into account that it's quite slow.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:07 pm »
You mean the Flexi5, I sold it.

peter maybury

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 11:12:12 pm »
crb s are just so much more effective than a rotary and a lot easier to handle than a rotary. Used a rotary for years and still have several but for agitation no where near as effective. A rotary flattens the pile as opposed to lifting it.
Peter

david@zap-clean

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 07:34:06 am »
I've never used a TM4, so can't compare, but I use the Floormac with the soft black brush on every job and find it excellent.  It's been in daily use for 18 months without fault.  And I can't see any other alternative when it comes to agitating stairs.

It's also great for bonnet cleaning smaller/fiddly commercial jobs

Floormac is OP
Oreck is rotary
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 07:54:17 am »
TM4 is my choice on the rare occasion I do domestics. Got one in Saturday actually. First one in about 6 months.

dan paton

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 09:47:29 am »
Floormac is OP
Oreck is rotary

Oreck Orbiter. ie it's orbital what's the difference between that and oscillating pad ? I stand to be corrected but their both OP/Orbital machines

JandS

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 10:18:08 am »
Started using Victor 300 Sprite on most domestics and the Floormac for stairs.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

mr muzzy

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »
Dan's right, I do like it (oreck/green brush). I got used to using the 300 (like Mark) on most domestic jobs, but the green brush really makes a difference compared to the lousy oreck black brush. Been using it for a couple of years now with no issues - and no noticeable wear on the bristles either.

I still use the 300 i.e. for larger domestics, but otherwise its the oreck, because they work so well on stairs.
kev who sells the green brush for the Oreck please

rycalshaw

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 04:03:23 pm »
mr muzzy, just had a message from solutions and they should have some in next week..

mr muzzy

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »
mr muzzy, just had a message from solutions and they should have some in next week..
cheers young ladd

david@zap-clean

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 06:14:34 pm »
Floormac is OP
Oreck is rotary

Oreck Orbiter. ie it's orbital what's the difference between that and oscillating pad ? I stand to be corrected but their both OP/Orbital machines

er, the Oreck rotates (spins), the Floormac wobbles about (very fast),
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »
Are you sure david? The oreck is an op machine as well.

Shaun

Buckland

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 06:42:23 pm »
shaun's right david - if your oreck is rotating its broke mate!  :)

no thats interesting what kev says about green brush - the black ones are actually rubbish for carpets (altho thats what they are supposed to be for) and the orange is too much - until now the green brush had passed me by - must get one in

dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

dan paton

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »
Floormac is OP
Oreck is rotary

Er the floormac rotates (spins)too ! The wobble is the orbital motion . The same motion an oreck orbiter should have!

david@zap-clean

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 07:45:09 am »
Floormac is OP
Oreck is rotary

Er the floormac rotates (spins)too ! The wobble is the orbital motion . The same motion an oreck orbiter should have!

Yes, I just checked, the Oreck is OP.
Sorry my mistake.

David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 07:53:54 am »
We have 3 systems dependant on size..... big area rotory, medium area tm4, small area like around beds or bathrooms ( where  we would use an Oreck or  flormac) stiff brush.

I gave away my Oreck
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Darran Pryce

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 08:58:56 am »
We use the Orecks, and have a few sprites too.  Oreck works a treat, great on stairs.

colin fitch

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 09:37:44 am »
Both op machines , op = oscillating pad.

As said by Shaun , better build quality on Oreck = metal. Floormac = plastic.

Colin.