Richard Cole

Re: Adwords
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 09:35:32 am »
I spend around £40 - £50 a month and get a good return but nothing like Jason is getting.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 09:50:53 am »
I've been using a leaflet company for 7 years they have been great and delivered my leaflets for £19 per thousand and that's where most of my work comes from . Just found out they will no longer be operating in my area I'm gutted as if just found out the company's now charge 2 and 3 times what I've been paying wich would not be cost effective . I get very little from the net and don't really know what I'm doing on google . I would happily pay £400 per month on google if it would bring the work in. Is there any chance you could put me in touch with your guy Jason cheers   Del

Del, have a word with Ash White, he does Adwords for a few people.
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 11:31:04 am »
After speaking with Jason yesterday i decided to give adwords a go i have put £70 into the account and set at £10 per day so a week to start it says it will be £2.71 per click is that correct if not how do i change it i'm not clued up on things like this lol.

Thanks Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 12:19:46 pm »
Adwords is a system with more levers and buttons than a Boeing 787 if you know how to do it properly. If you master it which is very hard to do you will get much better returns than the above mentioned but 99% of the time even a proficient agency wont get optimum performance and will most likely flush your money down the pan.

bennymon

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 01:12:30 pm »
Richard what sort of monthly return would you get on £50 cheers

Richard Cole

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 01:24:13 pm »
Bennymon

Around £700 on average but it does vary quite a bit. Been doing it for 12 months now. I do live in a very rural area and target around 5 local towns under different campaigns, i also only use exact phrase match to cut out people who are searching for domestic cleaners or window cleaners etc, this helps to cut the amount of unwanted clicks.  My average ticket price is around £117. I'm not an expert by any means but it has certainly worked for me other the last 12 months but i do not rely on it as my sole form of marketing.  I would love to get more work however from adwords / website as it clearly works if you get it right, i'm part of the way there but needs some improvement.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 02:56:47 pm »
Del

I have a couple of Surrey sites which you can go.

send me an email, you can try them out and see if you get much.

Cheers

Doug

bennymon

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »
Cheers Doug will do . Richard does that mean if you where to spend £300 you would get back £4,200 or does it not work like that    Del

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 04:35:23 pm »
 :)

Richard Cole

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 07:27:04 pm »
Bennymon

Don't think it quite works like that.  Depends on your local area and how big an area you are covering i guess.  I have 5 separate campaigns running for my local towns, trouble is i have run out of  decent sized towns to target within a reasonable distance.  Some of the smaller towns and area's are not really enough monthly searches via google to set up a separate campaign so i include them in the larger towns. 

ian harper

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 06:54:13 am »
From what i can see from my numbers google has levels that work on the more you spend the more impressions you get which btw was how they first sold adwords, this has a direct affect on clicks and calls.

its also interesting that its not down to the cost for each click more about the cost per job booked. you get lots of happy clickers so if your good on the phone and convert high number which in my view is that it should be nearly all as the websites message should have done the selling.

so as an example a click might cost £3.50 but because of the happy clickers it might work the average over the month of the cost of each job at £16 thats what I am talking about when i say about buying customers, now you have the cost of each new customer how many can you buy?

the first thing you have to do is get all those button and levers working for you and that can be the cost at the start that many cant bear.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 10:52:02 am »
To get Cost Of Customer
Adwords Cost for the Day DIVIDED BY Amounts of Bookings

To get Profit Per Customer
Adwords Bookings MINUS Adwords Cost DIVIDED by Jobs Number

i.e

Spent £100 for the day
Booked 8 Jobs Value £1000

Cost of Customer Acquisition = £12.50
Gross Profit Per Customer = £112.50

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 06:27:43 pm »
What stops my competition clicking on my add just to cost me money just a thought but if other cleaners wanted to see my site then clicked my add will that count  ???
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

garry22

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 06:40:45 pm »
Repetitive clicks from the same source will be disregarded by Google.

I do however remember Ash having a problem with roving IP addresses but I think he solved it.

V_Purcell

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 07:52:05 pm »
extensions are those links you see under the main advert.

By the sounds of it you need not worry as you not using them.

if you dont want your advert showing in any town just put the two name in you negative keyword list thats right under your keywords.

people dont like change but these changes are for the good in my experance
The advantage of site wide links it can increase you advert size, and they can go directly to the page they want. Negative keyword are a must.