Poll

Would you buy from the USA?

I would buy from the USA as it would save me LOADS of money
I would not buy from the USA because of the shipping costs and tax
I would not buy from the USA because of the monstrance/servicing could be problematic
I would not buy from the USA because of other reasons (please specify below)

Ian Gourlay

Re: Would you buy from the USA?
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2006, 07:24:51 pm »
Dave,

Did you import your Truckmounts or mounts?

Are you British?

PaulKing

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2006, 07:34:10 pm »
Here is the form C3 text in full the most relavent part is this

"Your belongings are the goods
kept by you or your immediate
family for household or personal
use. "

No matter how you word it that can't mean tools of the trade, unless you just clean your own carpets/upholstery I guess.

Personal use does not mean business use, the tax man is very clear on that.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_CL_000308
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Liahona

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2006, 08:13:42 pm »
Paul to close the subject......in your post you clearly state tools of the trade therefore I rest my case....... To Ian, I am a yank by birth but I have an I.L.E. and since became a dual citizen. But I have lived here long enough to consider my self civilised..... I live in both countries so yes what I move from the US to here was aleady mine. I have brought in or imported or whatever you want to call it just the one truckmount and everything else to set up the business over here at present but as I have three I can still bring over the two more untill I would be "up" to have  it classed as an import, hoping that makes you happy Paul although I am not sure why you spend so much time trying to dissprove what I am saying when it appears you have no idea of me or the situation I am in. I may make suggestions of all sorts of subjects but would never question anyones statements, opinions yes as Gary and I have strong ones but again they are just opinions. But then you stated  I think that I didnt have a 110 volt generator incorparated in the truck mount without knowing whether they existed or not. They do exist as you now know but again why would you make the comment you did when you had no idea what you were talking about.  It is not my intent to get into this kind of posting as I have spoken with a moderator about a similar situation, however I will not not make a comment when I am accused of lieing,  now that I have made this comment I will not post again to do with this subject. Best, Dave.

PaulKing

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2006, 09:11:09 pm »
Well allow me to  respond

"in your post you clearly state tools of the trade therefore I rest my case"
yes to say your wrong they are not personal items, if you use them for work vat/duty is due.

I only said on the other thread,and i quote
"Your pulling my leg, your truckmount generate 110volts thats something i have never seen on any trukmount, a generator and one else familar with that on steamway machines?"
That's more of a question to others, not really calling you a liar is it?

Personally I think it's a great idea, warm pies/pot noddels  from a microwave in the van,   mmmmmmmm pies!

"it appears you have no idea of me or the situation I am in"

Yes I have absolutly no idea at all, you could be lightly coated in butter and have a lifetime subscription to Weasel & Duck Hunting Weekly, and I would not know it , your profile is a little spartan.

But advising people that you don't pay duty or vat on goods and forgetting to mention you have dual citizenship  &  moved here from the us,  and then filling In the C3 for personal?? goods is also being a bit presumptious? thinking that everyone else can do the same.

What if someone got a fine if you advice turns out to be incorrect for the average UK resident carpet cleaner, ( which I think it is) and then you said ahh but it's different for me I came from the US, and can use this special form C3. Bet you would'nt pay the backdated vat for them.

I think that over 95% of the people using this forum would be ineligable to do what you have done, and even then think your on shaky ground. And buy questioning your statement we have all found out information that if you had disclosed eariler may have saved time asking questions.

P.s How do you think I know about these things, maybe because I live round the corner from the Customs, and therefore play things very straight when I'm importing machinary. They are however handy for advice though.
But guess you would'nt  know that or that I have a subscription to albino fighting ferrets of the world!

PaulKing

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2006, 06:17:11 pm »
Took your advice and shiped with the US postal service. Then today I recived a letter from parcel force asking for payment of vat, so have been and paid my vat at the parcelforce depot today, and this sticker was on my parcel.

As they say in all the best courtroom dramas " I REST MY CASE"

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2006, 06:31:38 pm »
Paul to close the subject...

Dave,
I would close you.... behind bars! for cheating Inland Revenue... 
 ;)
Arthur

PaulKing

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2006, 07:19:32 pm »
Arthur you never know maybe the Inland Revenue have got it wrong !!

One things for sure I was not getting my new toys till I paid them.

Dave, I tried to tell them that I was a resident of Monaco but as it as it to be delivered to a UK address it meant Vat was due apparently!

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2006, 09:48:11 am »
Arthur you never know maybe the Inland Revenue have got it wrong !!

Sure they did, otherwise Dave would have been locked up!  ;D

Dave, are you going to give yourself up?  ;D