Poll

Would you buy from the USA?

I would buy from the USA as it would save me LOADS of money
I would not buy from the USA because of the shipping costs and tax
I would not buy from the USA because of the monstrance/servicing could be problematic
I would not buy from the USA because of other reasons (please specify below)
Would you buy from the USA?
« on: February 26, 2006, 04:33:24 pm »
Seems to me that in the USA carpet cleaning machines are much cheaper than in the UK. 

Has anybody got experience purchasing from the USA?

What would you say about “This Complete Equipment Package”?

Kind regards,
Arthur

john rees

Re: Would you buy from the USA?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 04:51:48 pm »
I have bought from the usa and the service i get is great!nothing seems too much trouble for them! ;D
john

mark_roberts

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 04:58:19 pm »
Buying non electrical is not a problem.  Buying electrical then youll need a transformer which would be a pain and every part you buy would need to be 110volt.

You could get it changed over to 240volt though and that would be better.  However Ashbys Ninja does have a few unique tweaks which are nice.

Mark

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 05:05:44 pm »
Mark,

“This Complete Equipment Package” has already been adopted for the UK electricity supply.

Kind regards,
Arthur

craigp

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 08:12:47 pm »
wow! that ninjas about a £1000 great value!

therapist

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 08:27:48 pm »
now then, just who is seeking to get ' the best price ' wouldn't be the same people who are preaching to everyone else to, raise their prices and  don't believe that successfull people, shop around for better prices.

Seems to me, like double standards.

rob m

Liahona

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 08:51:27 pm »
I think most of you will know my answer.....I buy all my machines and chemicals from the US, well almost all.........110 volts is a pain sometimes but a legal requirement for those doing comercial work and or work in and amongst the public....... in comparison the service I think is better from the US....., Best, Dave.

Nigel_W

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 09:22:51 pm »
It is also worth considering whether electrical equipment supplied from the U.S. has CE approval.  It is only a small risk but it is probably illegal to use non approved equipment in the UK.

Nigel

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 10:18:57 pm »
I think most of you will know my answer.....I buy all my machines and chemicals from the US...

Dave,
Could you reveal your USA suppliers?
Kind regards,
Arthur

garyj

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 11:40:09 pm »
The price of that Ninja is 'from' $3145 thats £1807 add import duty & shipping, its not such a good deal. Plus you aren't going to get any after sales service if it goes wrong.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 11:49:13 pm »
Gary,

What do you think about “This Complete Equipment Package”, which has already been adopted for the UK electricity supply.

Kind regards,
Arthur

garyj

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 11:58:51 pm »
I don't think that 100psi is enough anymore, although it does say upgrades are available ( to 400psi I presume ). Then the price would really rocket.

I bet you could find a used Ninja if you looked around. Ashby's do  sell reconditioned machines but they can't fit the new motors in  the old machines!!
I bet someone on here could though.

Still  not sure of the Rotovac system, again some swear by it and others never use it.

Liahona

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 01:31:57 am »
I get my machines and chemicals from Steamway West in Southern California.. ...As an individual you dont have to pay import tax or vat........and regards the shipping, it doesnt cost any more to send a 1000lb palate as opposed to a 500lb palate so the idea is you buy a lot at the same time.....anything one at a time isnt that more cost effective....

Liahona

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 01:35:18 am »
P.S. I know this will cause a riot but here goes, if you are going to the trouble of buying a machine from the US why would you buy a Ninja? At least buy a decent machine, best, Dave......

Art

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 01:48:43 am »
P.S. I know this will cause a riot but here goes, if you are going to the trouble of buying a machine from the US why would you buy a Ninja? At least buy a decent machine, best, Dave......

What would you say is a decent machine?

Arthur

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 08:14:44 am »
Regarding buying from USA would company in USA sell Rotovac direct to a person in UK?

Re Ashbys not fitting upgrades to old machines.

Acording to the Ashby web site it says you can start with a basic Machine and like a Computer you can upgrade at a future date. I take this to mean putting in a larger pump etc.

stuart_clark

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 08:29:03 am »
Woodbridge Commercial sell 400 psi pumps at a fraction of the cost of other suppliers !! mentioning no names!!! Stu Clark

cleaning co

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 08:55:12 am »
yes if the ninja is crap machine what would u say is good from usa ?

Liahona

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 11:53:07 am »
Gary, didnt mean it was crap lol, just limited, most portables now have electric truck mount solution pumps in them so as to perform tile and grout cleaning..... with being able to have 1200 psi or more obviously the recovery motors have been upgraded too, my machine has 4x 3stages in it and the psi is 1400 ish. Comfortably it runs 150 feet of hose but it is capable of 250, handy so you dont have to have the machine in the house......I know you have yours in the van but what do you do when you need 200 feet or more once in the house?? I am of course biased to the machine I use and because of its distant so to speak I dont have the problem of poor indoor air quality which sadly a portable inside a house creates.......... again didnt mean it was a crap machine just limited. best, Dave.

Liahona

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 11:59:19 am »
Ian, I have to phone the US later today so I will try and find out about the rotovac, I havent a clue as I dont ever use one, nor would do.....Gary, I will get some names of some machines for you but there are quite a few......The Ninja isnt that well thought of over there although I have heard good things said about them over here......... Bridge Point, Steamway, Steam Genie are a few suppliers that might have web sites to look through..... Steamways isnt the best of sites but does show and go through all you need to see.... and you can see my truck mount too..... best, Dave.