jon777

Partner companies for new project UPDATE
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:08:16 pm »
Hi all,

Reference the recent posts that have going up for partner companies- a bit more detail as follows-

In a few weeks time a new national web based company for our industry is going live.
Local carpet and upholstery cleaning companies are needed across the UK to undertake the domestic jobs that it will yield. I am covering a part of Oxford myself!

It has been financially very well funded and put together, there's no catch involved and the only likely cost to anyone wishing to participate is under £5 per month. Not bad as this is the only cost involved to the businesses coming on board... it's like work acquired with no advertising cost!

The project has been designed to provide great value for the customer, company undertaking the work and of course the website. There's no winner or loser in the process...thats not what its about!

Now, this may not appeal to everyone which is fine, but for those who are interested it would be great to hear from you.

The rate is £2.50 per meter plus vat if registered (there is no cost though in acquiring the job and attending to quote it...this is all done by us). (Min charge £66)
Upholstery and light in-situ cleaning (toweling down with micro splitter) of curtains is also a service that would need to be covered by companies interested.

Anyone interested please email me
jon@huntscleaning.com

Thanks

ps to those already on board with the project, we are making great progress and I will be emailing an update very soon. If I don't already have all the information discussed from you, nows a great time to send it, thanks, Jon

Craigp

Re: Partner companies for new project UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:21:07 pm »
The l;ast post said an hourly rate. Has that now changed to the m2 rate?

m2 is better than hourly imo

jon777

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:24:15 pm »
Yes the jobs are priced at a rate per meter. £2.50
The hourly rate was an initial indicator for a worst case scenario which has now been firmed up to the above. This rate per meter is better than the hourly rate.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:58:26 pm »
hi jon. it was great speaking to you and we will deffo be signing up to this. it seem a great opportunity to fill up the diary.

il be in touch later in the week

lewis

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:21:37 pm »
Sounds a good idea, worth giving a try anyway.

The one thing i'd like to know though is, how do you ascertain an accurate meterage of the domestic property?

I'm presuming you price and work out size's over the phone, i can't see you going out to quote every job.

The one thing i have learnt is never to trust a domestic customer when it comes to size's.

I can see operators cleaning more than they get paid for and i can see problems paying by m2.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Richard Cole

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 09:38:39 pm »
I'm sure Jon will answer about the accurate measurements of rooms but my understanding of it is the customer fills out all the information on the website and the price is calculated from that automatically.  If when you get there the area is way out then you can explain to customer that the information provided was inaccurate and in order for you to proceed you can provide them with an up to date price for the actual area.

Having met Jon and heard  his proposition I was very impressed and if it fills some empty dates in my diary for no up front costs on my part it is a win win situation.

Looking forward to seeing the finished website Jon and for the sceptics out there, yes you know who you are :) i for one think this is a genuine partnership that Jon is offering to supplement your own business as and when required.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

jon777

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 09:49:55 pm »
Thanks, Richard & Lewis,

Yes the measurements are gathered and priced accordingly...the key to this project though is in the detail! (we are covered against undersized rooms!)
The customers we will be dealing with in the project are filtered, pre qualified  and deposits taken so don't worry the risk is minimal. The chances of having a bad customer are greater in our day to day dealings in our own companies.

The customers involved will be a targeted portion of the market place...the good portion! ;-)

Its probably not wise to go into any more detail on this thread as a sensible way to understand it is in its entirety. So any interested parties please get in touch jon@huntscleaning.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 09:59:12 pm »
Thanks Richard, will look in to it.

I would not say i am a sceptic, but i know how much it costs to get a site like this on the first page of google for multiple areas and have seen this tried many times.

I known an owner of a large pest control franchise and you would be absolutely stunned how much he spends on SEO per month, i mean stunned, i'm not even going to say how much because know one would believe me it's that massive.
Works for him though, but he must have balls of steel.

Good luck with it though and i shall be in touch.
David.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 10:14:30 pm »
How much?  ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 10:24:23 pm »
Jon, would you like to respond to my email a few hours ago.

Paul Moss

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 10:46:12 pm »
Its ok Jon, i think i have found the info
http://www.huntscleaning.co.uk/new-business

jon777

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:20 pm »
No Paul, This is not it, sorry that should have been removed a long time ago!

I have replied to your email

Thanks
Jon

Craigp

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 11:21:57 pm »
Paul its easy, they get the work at £6.00 per m2 and get guys on the forum to do it at 2.50 per m2.

not for me though.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 07:13:24 am »
It's £2.50 plus vat if you are registered Billy.
David.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:19:29 am »
Just thought I would give you the heads up. There is another company based in Maidenhead that are launching a similar thing this year.

Which is why I thought it best to sit back for a while and see how thins pan out

Cheers

Justin

Craigp

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 11:10:51 am »
Tevor Woodman used to do simular.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 11:22:40 am »
Hi Guys

I suppose it will be based on Google adwords, charging customers £6 per metre, paying £2.50, deducting cost of Adwords and other expenses and hopefully making a profit.

What would concern me is how quickly I will get paid and whether this whole thing will collapse in say 9 months with the local CC being the one left out of pocket.

Cheers

Doug

garry22

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 01:29:41 pm »
I known an owner of a large pest control franchise and you would be absolutely stunned how much he spends on SEO per month, i mean stunned, i'm not even going to say how much because know one would believe me it's that massive.
Works for him though, but he must have balls of steel.

Nice to see someone who appreciates how much time/effort goes into "proper" SEO for a competitive market.

peter maybury

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 01:44:50 pm »
I love the way that guys on hear can voice oppinions and veiws on things that they know nothing about. All it takes to find out is to make a call.
As soon as I saw £40 per hour I thought great with my productivity I can probably treble that.
There is a lot of very negative people on here!
Who (unless they are rushed off their feet, or charge very premium rates), is going to pass by an opportunity of work, without any outlay. Or even make the effort to investigate.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com