mark_roberts

Re: New Altec Machine
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2012, 08:19:28 pm »
Wow that's one big confession Stuart.  I pmd you on clean talk if your not banned by now.

Mark

stuart_clark

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2012, 08:22:25 pm »
Mark
Sort of, They have tried to shutt me up by disabling my PM option! Thats why i haven't replied mate! childish realy but thats Mr Whites tactics for you

JandS

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 08:24:48 pm »
One vac/heat exchanger per lead.
Wouldn't they have been better putting the vacs on one
and the h/e on the other in case you don't want to run the
h/e? Or is there a switch off for the h/e.
Presume the pump is tied in with one of the vac/he leads.
Using the lot sounds like a big draw on the leccy.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

john martin

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »

I wouldn't know where to start listing the blatant shoddy design flaws on these machines ...
Don't know why some seem to rate them  , even now the customers are modifying various components in an attempt to salvage some useability , fitting electronic cutoff , cutting /elongating stacks . 
If they just buy an Alltec its already done .
Ed V it seems would prefer to think up catchy phrases and sales gimmicks than fix his machine , calls all other machines mere generics and describes his own as rolls royce on the website   , its either arrogance or delusion , i cant decide  .

john martin

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 09:08:37 pm »
I read the hear exchanger was 2 Killo Watts but is that each  because in my opinion having an Ashbys " KilloWatt heat Exchanger I do not think it heats water enough for extreme situations like pubs or lots of gum I like to see real steam like they had on the trains in the olden days.

I doubt if its 2kw per side ,  i'd say its 1kw per side  , but it could be 1.5
Im sure they have to conform to electrical standards so cant over do it .

The 6.6 would be around 7 amps , the pump about 1.5amps , a 1kw H/E would be 4.5amps .
So that would be 13amps on cord one
                             12 on cord two ( or 13 if fitted with APO )

but the H/E could be some odd number like 1200w or whatever .

An electric H/E temp will be relative to the water temp fed to it , so water  preheated to 70 degrees via the immersion  water should get and stay v hot .

Ed Valentine

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 09:16:39 pm »
I think it would only be appropriate to make a  comment regarding the JAGUAR 6.6 system since we work extremely hard each and everyday to help address any and all issues by any of our customers whether it's "their fault, or our fault". It doesn't matter. Whenever an issue such as this, arises it is our policy to service the customer first; then, work on solving any issues second. Because solving situations sometimes takes a little time if ones goal is to get the right answer & long term solution.

I have always considered Stuart Clarke a great customer of ours and a great person. He has always proven himself Honorable , with  integrity, and always professional.
Further, Joe Hatton has also been a longtime customer and very loyal. Just a great person. He has always been and will continue to be an advocate of the JAGUAR to this day. Have communicated with him on many occasions with great conversation.

Although we have addressed Stuarts problem with his machine,as any good manufacturer should, we will not offer a reason why the same motor went bad until we do further research because that would only be fair and reasonable rather than put the blame here, or there.

I also believe in all fairness to SOLUTIONS, I must comment on the fact that when Stuarts issue rose to the surface, Nick replaced the vacuum motor (s) under warranty without cost to the Operator. Nick communicated with us always with updates, constantly. Then, we agreed  that we would fabricate a new base (same as the newer design 2013 models now have with any and all updates) with newer advances on airflow/ venting, etc..., and anything else we incorporated into the newer model. Nick had it shipped over and offered this to Stuart as agreed however, Stuart rejected this new base just before it was delivered (reason immaterial btw) and requested his beloved SCORPION-3XPS system. I could understand this reasoning because he was used to it and believed in that system. Therefore, we then fabricated a newer (updated) Scorpion for him and Nick had that one sent over and delivered to Stuart. Nick stood behind this sale a 1000 % IMHO, paid for a new model Scorpion, and took Stuarts used JAGUAR back in return.

Again, the reasons "why" are immaterial because I feel very good about doing the very best anyone in this Industry would do for a great customer, like Stuart.

Finally, the advances we have made on the new model 2013 JAGUAR 6.6 were not based on any particular problems in the past, rather, based strictly on advances in technologies in the achievement of great vacuum through internal CFM/Airflow. We continue to satisfy our customers and will reach a pillar that the majority perhaps have never experienced, this November of 40 years in this great Industry of ours.

I am glad Stuart is now happy , problem free, because he should be. ;)

Very best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:53 pm »
Thats good customer service I think Stuarts frustration has crept through, if I send my Jag back to Nick could I have new van? I fancy a Merc or a VW.

Shaun

Griffus

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 10:10:03 pm »
This post makes me happy I went with Alltec a few years back  ;)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:27 pm »
Hi Guys

Once you go beyond 2 motor failures in a short period then probability indicates a design fault.

6 is statistically a certainty.

When I had all those problems with the Excel, 10 years or more ago, they were trying to suggest it was something I was doing wrong but in the end I solved the problem by buying the Advance.

No vac failures in almost 2 years continual use.

Experience says it all.

Cheers

Doug

stuart_clark

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 12:05:32 am »
I know it was suggested that there was evidence of water enrering the failed motor! but if that was the case, then it happened because the vacume shut offs diddnt work propperley! Ive had my Scorpion nearly five years and althought its inhailed a drop of water now and again, I never had a problem with vacume motors burning out!
I raised this point on Cleantalk earlier this week, but was soon poo pood by Nick saying I could purchase from him some electronic cut outs! why if the originall system isn't working do we have to purchase this as an add on? its like buying a car then having to buy the brakes at a later date !
I love my Scorpion, Cant say i would swap it for any other Portable made at the momment! yes its not perfect, but i have been using it for five years without too much of a problem and thats why i asked for another one as a back up machine, Just a pity the Jaguar diddnt have the same credentials

john martin

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 12:32:08 am »

and the 6.6 is suppose to have added moisture protection ...  :D

you could search and find posts going back years stating that those floats seldom work or water is ingested before they do ...
Feed back is never acknowledged by CA ...  its all marketing slogans with no substance behind them ... thru flow system  etc     

They scramble now to copy Alltec and mytee by raising the stacks and fitting electronic cutout before more 6.6's are destroyed .

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 09:22:43 am »

I wouldn't know where to start listing the blatant shoddy design flaws on these machines ...
Don't know why some seem to rate them  , even now the customers are modifying various components in an attempt to salvage some useability , fitting electronic cutoff , cutting /elongating stacks .  
If they just buy an Alltec its already done .
Ed V it seems would prefer to think up catchy phrases and sales gimmicks than fix his machine , calls all other machines mere generics and describes his own as rolls royce on the website   , its either arrogance or delusion , i cant decide  .

John it may look as if I am having a go at you over past few days but I am puzzled do you have a jaguar or have you been up close ? If you do fine but if not how can you talk about design faults etc it turned out Colin I think that was his name who you used to spar with worked for Solutions do you own or work for a supply company or are you just a techie geek

john martin

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 08:56:54 pm »
just spotted the info pdf  ,   or perhaps it was up elsewhere ?

http://www.alltecnetwork.co.uk/online/templatemedia/all_lang/resources/Evolution.pdf

AJB

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2012, 10:36:36 am »
Says it all

Forced-air cooling system to prevent
overheating and prolongs motor life
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

robert meldrum

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2012, 10:50:01 am »
Looks like a good time to bring out a portable with a blower instead of increasing the likelihood of component failure by simply adding more vacuum motors.