Carpet Dawg

Re: Ninja problem back again 6th time!
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »
Hey New Look

How often do you suggest changing the regulator pin?

Also, how do you remove that wee white plastic disc thats lodged at the bottom of the pipe? that comes with the regulator kit? Its located behind the regulator pin.

thanks
tony

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 07:17:19 pm »
Hi Carpet Dawg - not sure what machine you have mate but after my experience i will grease the plunger every  month and change it atleast every 12 months. I always thought they were ok until they started to drip which meant the seal was going but its amazing how that little part can have a massive knock on with the pump if it starts to seize. Just use some good teflon grease on it - its a 5 minute job that could save a lot of hassle and certainly pays to get to know your own machine and work on it yourself. Certainly doesnt pay to not even try to understand your machine and moan about it to everyone else when it doesnt work   ::)

As regards the plastic seal - there is a tool you can use but if you are careful you can get it out with a decent length screw. If you go on Cleantalk they have a video for it - http://cleantalk.co.uk/threads/overhauling-pressure-regulator.11695/

If you go on the USA Pumptec website they have loads of info and videos on there too.

Just while i get a chance as well - a big up to Nick at Solutions, he was the one that eventually pointed me in the right direction with my pump - amazing how someone 250 miles away can address something over the phone because of their knowledge of their machines (Scorpion) when someone like Ashbys have their Ninja back so many times in their workshop and still can't sort it.

Guess it pays to buy from the right place  ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 07:20:44 pm »
agree with you new look! ::)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Len Gribble

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 07:47:11 pm »
Terry

I really rate the 135psi don’t rate there 400 (used but not owed) believe it was done in house re the rage we want more could be wrong (what’s with the flow control  ??? ant got that on my 600psi nor my TM)

Oh it’s not scotts

Have had two powr-flites the latest one black max both totally used and abused at work then TLC before she goes to bed at night

Tony

Never changed regulator pin on any my machines except on a mates machine he had the part it made no difference to the pump.

Turn on your vacuums or dental pick  ;D ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 08:40:26 pm »
 ::)  anyone understand that above?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »
Cheers mate. I'll give it a bash on the weekend. I've ordered a regulator kit.

Paul Moss

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 09:00:53 pm »
Len has his own language, you need to learn it  ;D to fully understand ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 10:00:19 pm »
Len ;D had power flite black max spent 800 mls running back to Amtech with problems been there done it!
that was over 18 months,one prob after another,great people to deal with I really must say top after service!
but I say as I find ::)and the machine was not used every day vac problem heat problem pump problem,pump hose
completly breaking off from the crimped pipe coming from the pump,and so on ::) had enough! the machine great when it worked! ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 10:37:23 pm »
all i can say Terry is good luck, i had problems for 5 months and i know your pain, it makes you realize you are on your own to some extent and you have to find a solution yourself

good luck with it and i hope you stop leaking soon, if i were you i would ring Nick at World of Clean and get some sound advice off him, he knows these pumps like the back of his hand

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2012, 10:50:40 pm »
I put google translate on Len's post and it came up with nothing it just couldn't understand it  :o but to be fair to him he's a really nice guy perhaps he's misunderstood.

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 06:39:04 am »
Looking at the post on Cleantalk it occurs to me that the larger pumps require a regular service.

Looks a bit complicated with all those o rings.

Without the service perhaps problems occur hence the need for JB to post instructions on Cleantalk 

So Terry your problem has educated us all, shame no one mentioned it before.

One of the problems buying Secondhand besides getting other peoples problems is you not always get the machine manual .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 08:48:33 am »
Ian - the pumps arent that complicated, if you are careful when you open up the head the o rings are simple to swap.

Just about all the newer machines will now run these types of bigger pumps so getting use to them is good as they are now the 'norm.'

I think they are better than the older smaller pumps as the good motors will last longer, the heads are bigger and easier to work on and being able to service them means the heads arent a throw away item but will last much longer with a service say every 2 years or so.

John posted the video on Cleantalk as it was helpful for us all, thats what they do over there!!!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 10:06:13 am »
There is one pump that you appear to have to take out loads of o rings perhaps it is an older one .

But we are indebted to you for pointing out this issue and pointing towards a Solution

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »
As said- Pumptec do very good videos, you just have to make sure you have the pump type number as  some are very different but others quite similar but with small differences.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »
Terry - forgot to mention, one way you could tell if your regulator is at fault -

- if you are running at 400psi, when you come to couple a hand tool to your solution hold, at 400psi you shouldnt be able to couple it without depressurizing (pressing the trigger on the hand tool) first. If you are able to just attach it without squeezing the trigger first, it means even though your are showing 400psi, you havent got it in reality

When the regulator was seizing on my Scorpion, i would test the pressure with a gauge and at 220psi i could couple easily with no resistance. When i greased the regulator plunger and tried to couple at 220psi i couldnt with some hand tools without squeezing the trigger. A seized regulator affects the flow/pressure and like i say if you run at 400psi all the time, unless the Ninja is plumbed totally differently to the Scorpion, you should have massive resistance when coupling to tools

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2012, 09:11:22 pm »
Thanks yes agree with you,well picked it up on friday they put a new pump head 3rd one! regulater I used it
on friday 3 hours solid no problem so far,but I have been here before, job on monday then on holiday on thursday to cuba 2 weeks, so who knows ::) they did say dont put nothing in the tank  ::) they are still in a way trying to put
the blame on me. if it goes this time well ,I have put it all to them motor ::) etc I think the ninja really is a great
machine,and thats the only reason I am trying to stay with it, watch this space well I hope not ::) while ashbys
have not charged me for this pump, so far it has cost me £500 I do think they are trying, so I really hope this is the end of the 400spi pump problems :-* :-* :-* thank you to all that have gave great advice on this thats what this place is for :) I speak as I find feels like this is never ended,but trust me the last thing I want is to say,guess whats happened today guys! ::) :o :-* I have got a trading standerds record with this,but if all goes well that will be
in storage.just want a machine to work thats it..have a great weekend!! sun relax :-*
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 10:42:01 pm »
so far so good no leaks :o off to cuba thursday 2 weeks all in ::) 95 plus thanks to our daughter! christmas present!
bit late I know but hey ho!sun sea sharks diving ::) what a gift ,come back to not so great Britain ::) I do hope it
picks up for everyone really :-\
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!