Terry_Burrows

Ninja problem back again 6th time!
« on: May 20, 2012, 04:38:07 pm »
2 weeks ago I collect my ninja from ashby,from an on going problem since last august,pump works great but leaks
after a time,they have had it back now 6 times since last august,just cost me £150 used it just 3 hours
and its gone again!leaking the trade discreptions have said to contact them back if this carrys on,its the service of goods act which it looks like I will do, I have gave them plenty of chances,so it goes back to them on monday again,

when the machine works its great,but they have got problems with the 400psi for sure,I am going nuts!
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Jon Ridgeway

Re: Ninja problem back again 6th time!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 04:54:48 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate, im glad I have the 135psi machine as it seems to be running brilliantly!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 05:07:44 pm »
Hi Jon I had one years ago there great! its just when you have had the 400psi it makes life so
much easy faster,today had c****y resturant greas fat,nice hot water cut right in it,custy pleazed,
then I spotted the dreaded leak at the bottom again from the pump.I opened her up put my hand by pump
and sure as its that again,at me witts end now :-[ as it only was repaired on the 1 may done 3 hours since,
we simply dont have the work ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

brianbarber

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 05:54:31 pm »
My 400 ninja had one leak from an internal pipe corroded, and one power cable broke down internally,but have to say in the 4 years I have had it , very pleased with performance, and most times used at full psi.
The steam mate is particularly impressive.
Still use as back up or for upholstery jobs.

Must be very annoying when in your situation terry,plus you lose confidence when you pitch up to do the job!

Mr B

If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 06:18:45 pm »
Terry

Is the leak definatly coming from the pump head?

Have you had the motor swaped out? (The motor that drives the pump head.) << if thats not working properly I would take an educated guess that it might be wearing the pump down super quick.

How about the cam bearing? has that been changed? and lubed up?  ;D

Are Ashby giving you a new pumphead each time or just replacing the washers/spaces/orings inside the pump?

Tony

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 06:20:16 pm »
Also, you getting any lose in pressure?

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 06:31:36 pm »
thanks for reply,firstly the machine was like new when I got it not one year old! second this is the second pump head they have fitted,since november last year,I have now spent since last august on this same problem £518
trading standereds I might well be calling again I have a ref num now and logged the case,just emailed ashby and told them this,as a last resort I have gave them a chance,I will call trading standerds if I get no joy,there is no pressure loss whatsoever
just leaks!

the fact is the pump they put in the ninja is not made by ashby Derek told me this himself,not the answer I was looking for,he is trying to cop out again! ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Jim_77

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 06:58:30 pm »
Well of course it isn't made by them, the same way as most components in cars aren't made in the car factory

I'm certainly no fan of Ashbys but they have at least made some attempts to help you out, even though they had no warranty obligations to you as a second hand purchaser of the machine.

You maintain this protest of the machine being barely a year old when you bought it, but someone could ruin a pump in an hour.  You could wear a pump out in 6 months or less if you do a high volume of work.

Pumps & heads are consumable parts, why not just stop making your own life difficult and fit the machine with a different brand/model of pump, if this particular one seems to be no good?

Sorry but it seems like you love a good whine just for the sake of it :)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »
More than likely its a Pumptec pumphead. Nothing wrong with Pumptec pumps.

I have a strong feeling it might be the motor thats wearing the pump down. And/or a dodgy cam bearing! Those motors are build to last, but i'm not too sure how long they are rated for. I have done close too 1600 hours on my airflex and still has the same motor on it. Over 2 years.

I usually change the cam bearing the same time i change the pumphead. It might last longer but think better safe than sorry, plus its only £15 or something.

A pumphead should last 500 hours as long you run water through it at the end of the day. i.e. dont let it lie with any cleaning solutions in the sytem over night. or let it run dry!

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 07:04:06 pm »
Terry its not fair you have that problem, i think Jim should swap with you for his truckmount and then you will have a decent machine to clean with. The Ninja will go well with Jims SS Uph tool for his work  :D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 07:04:22 pm »
not really jim just want a reliable machine,how would you feel,ie since last august I have now spent with ashby
over the same problem! £518,not so funny now is it!whine over that! :P thats why trading standerds have gave me a ref number now! ;D but I hope they will solve there crap pump problems ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

john martin

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 07:12:18 pm »
Id say the only thing Ashbys make is the steammate  , the Ninja body is a century 400 i presume ..

As for fitting something else  ...  up to 220psi you can get simple diaphragm pumps
 Above that id say its 99% pumptecs  ,  exception i can think of is new Mytee M5 with ' general '  triplex plunger pump  ....  made by interpump group i think , so interpump Uk im sure would pair one with a  1/2 HP motor if asked . Probably a better pump than the pumptec .

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 07:47:50 pm »
well mine is a pump tec :P  :P
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »
Terry
Sick with unger less complicate ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »
 ;D Hi Len agree ;D :-*
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 01:50:03 pm »
well had a good chat with Derek today at ashby I must say he pointed out that he does not use the so called china
pumps as some one put it, ::) and hopfully they are now going into this to really seek out what is going on with my pump ??? in fairness the ninja is a very good machine and cleans very well,I will be gutted to have to sell
this,as it stands me in £518 for pump repairs ::)that wont go away :-\ I have known Derek for many years
so I like to think his word is his bond..
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 04:56:47 pm »
How could you contemplate selling that machine on to another victim unless you discount for new pump

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 06:23:21 pm »
Maybe you are using it too fast.....

brianbarber

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:38 pm »
Everything aside , Derek I've found to be very helpful and polite.

That's it

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 07:25:19 pm »
yes I agree Derek is just that,but thats not fixing my pump problem,so I hope this time they do,how many goes at
it do you need? ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!