Re: Groupon questionaire
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 09:34:00 pm »
Working 7 day a week based on 25 days left in Oct and 30 in Nov = 55 days that's 6 jobs a day quite plausible specially if they are all grouped together.

£90 a day with no time to do 'extras'
Yeh we'll all have some of that please......just in time to take December off through exhaustion

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »
take a look at their website, they arnt taking any calls or emails

http://www.thecarpetcleaners.org/

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 09:42:09 pm »
offer says work lasts 1 hour, and looks like they are doing low moisture method/ dry in 1 hour

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 09:46:05 pm »
do you know ... you guys really do not know how this groupon works do ya.  Firstly the vouchers are vailid for 6 months so as for some one stating they cleared em all up in 3 weeks... what a load of sh**. We have, and are still doing 3 Groupon campaigns and our experience tells us that you get a quick influx then people simply hold on to the vouchers as they can be used upto six months later. We get phone calls on a daily basis of people booking in a clean on a Groupon voucher and we expect this for at least 5 months. Oh and we sold 500.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 09:52:06 pm »
I agree Neil £90 isn't enough but the job totals shouldn't be an excuse that's providing all of the jobs are carried out.

Shaun

PS Imagine if there are a cleaner and a helper also there are stipulations on furniture moving, I bet 2 people with LM could do a job with some small upsell in under an hour.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 09:55:28 pm »
5 Months of cheap Groupon cleaning! I'd rather get them all done altogther and out the way.

Helen

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 10:02:48 pm »
do you know ... you guys really do not know how this groupon works do ya.  Firstly the vouchers are vailid for 6 months so as for some one stating they cleared em all up in 3 weeks... what a load of sh**. We have, and are still doing 3 Groupon campaigns and our experience tells us that you get a quick influx then people simply hold on to the vouchers as they can be used upto six months later. We get phone calls on a daily basis of people booking in a clean on a Groupon voucher and we expect this for at least 5 months. Oh and we sold 500.

So why does this one in particular say expires 20 nov 2011.
Yours says 25 March 2012 which is well worked out in order to keep your normal business going, although I can't quite see the 500 sold though, but I guess some of them were because of Groupn and not directkly through Groupon :)

Helen

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 10:04:32 pm »
Working 7 day a week based on 25 days left in Oct and 30 in Nov = 55 days that's 6 jobs a day quite plausible specially if they are all grouped together.

Shaun
Offer does say mon - fri, but perhaps he has to work the weekends to fullfill :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 10:08:43 pm »
As Mick says we are missing the point as most of us (me included) can't see his and Jason's bigger picture, we can only see the £28 for 2 rooms with £14 going to the cleaner so can you spell it out for us?

Shaun

Helen

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 10:13:58 pm »
As Mick says we are missing the point as most of us (me included) can't see his and Jason's bigger picture, we can only see the £28 for 2 rooms with £14 going to the cleaner so can you spell it out for us?

Shaun

I can see the bigger picture which is the "add on advertsing" that happens, bringing traffic into their sites, bringing normal priced work in...........still wouldn't do the Groupon thing though! :)

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 10:15:35 pm »

Oh come on Shaun keep up will you ;D
It's all about getting a database full of names and addresses even if it does mean running at a loss for months ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 10:16:41 pm »
Shaun,
It's simple. Take a loss of let's call it £55 per job, throw in some widely exaggerated figures (unsubstantiated, of course) then multiply it by three / divide by pie squared with chips and gravy and hey presto, you've made a stonking profit out of a loss. Simples. :D

Paul Heath

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 10:17:33 pm »
I don't undertsand all this groupon rubbish.
Do you really need the customer that is always looking for a cheap fix, in order to get all the jobs done you will have to rush jobs.
You are not going to earn enough out of the deal to replace machinery, as this will be working harder.
If you all keep "running campaigns" then the only winner is goupon, so they will try selling there service to all of us, as its easy money for them.
As the saying goes " I'm OUT"
I would much rather do the best job i am able to do and build a client basis who apreciate a good job for what i feel is a competitive rate and not a false encomony, by offering heavily discounted prices, just to improve your turnover in the very short term
If everybody stopped saying yes to groupon they would not be able to offer such deals.
Just my thoughts..

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 10:18:10 pm »
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »
"So why does this one in particular say expires 20 nov 2011.
Yours says 25 March 2012 which is well worked out in order to keep your normal business going, although I can't quite see the 500 sold though, but I guess some of them were because of Groupn and not directkly through Groupon" -

Ok guys - This is what actually happens - Groupon contact you and ask you if you want to take part - We number cruched this for a couple of weeks and carried out further feasibility studies.

You then agree with Groupon when this offer goes live.
The first day is normally the most successfull (sales).
People pay for their groupon voucher (or they contact you directly like most did). This is the classed as the main feature.
The second day Groupon advertise your offer as a previous deal and yet again sales are made or the customers contact you directly as before.
To cut a long story short - on the 5th day customers can still purchase Groupon vouchers or still contact you directly.

The vouchers are valid for 6 months in our case because thats what Groupon stated was the norm.

This works for us very well as it allows us to mix groupon work with our regular work and the customers that have contacted us directly - every day we have a selection of groupon, regular and new customers.

So far to date we have obtained various commercial contracts including a major carpet retailer chain store group, schools, churches, property investors, estate agents etc - without Groupon none of this would of happened as the Groupon Marketing methods are excellent as they reach the customers that you alone would never be able to reach and all this comes with no financial outlay.

Next - Jason if you have actually carried out the Groupon offer please be so kind to explain to these good folk how you go about redeeming the voucher !!!

Anyone want to know anything else ?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2011, 10:37:43 pm »
We had lots of calls from people in Southampton wanting to book groupon ( we have a site that ends .co.UK and the guy doing it is .com. ALL of the people had  purchased vouchers and NONE were just booking direct and none of them were commercial customers.

Simon

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 10:39:02 pm »
Elite Cleaning Hampshire - Groupon - Offer !!!!!! oh boy and still 73 hours to go - heres your first mistake - what you should of done is restrict the postcodes in the areas, because now everybody is going to book ONLY with the Groupon voucher, by restricting the postcode actually gains you hundreds of bookings outside groupon at the offer price you tell them on the phone that is specifically tailored for their postcode area -  oh well never mind ;D ;)

jasonl

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 10:42:11 pm »
It would be 3 solid weeks work  to carry out the 210 jobs I would get from 300 vouchers sold , remember I have 2 vans on the road ,and can easily split a set of kit and make it 3 vans .

The work will be carried out over 2 months though ,as obviously my regular insurance work will be carried out too.

Tomorrows deal will be in Sheffield .

Max size of any one carpet will be 12m2 , any excess charged at £2.50/m2   no stairs in offer.

To redeem the offer the customer gives me a voucher code which I save in batches and when I have the amount I want to submit I e mail them to Groupon  and within 5 days the payment is in my bank , I wont say what the percentage is , however it is a lot more than 50.  

It is about the upsell not the base amount I get from Groupon .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings