garry22

Re: Call back
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 03:35:23 pm »
James,

I think the others are right. Sometimes you just get people who will never be satisfied.

I've had the total opposite today with a firm of financial planners (who you may think would be really image conscious and fussy).

They had a delivery guy walk oil up two flights of stairs and landings (yucky polyprope). They only wanted the spots cleaned and I managed to get the oil out. They now have a load of clean circles on a dirty carpet (I've blended them as best I could).

When I showed the client he said "that's fantastic, what an improvement". He said send the bill and we'll pay you by return (and they will, they always do).

The thing is James, you have probably done a 500% better job than I have. It's just that the clients have totally different expectations.

Garry

james roffey

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 04:04:51 pm »
I am of the same opinion, i hada jobthis morning a lounge and small bedroom.
Both were filthy the customer had used a shampoo after builders madea mess which had made it ten times worse, one of those you think why did i not bring my camera with me.
It was a bonded synthetic pile the results were amazing the customer said after i used the Envirodri wow thats better, you know your on a winner when they think thatsthe end result and you have not even extracted.
when i got to the bedroom it had a big pole up to the ceiling and mirror opposite :o being utterly professional i thanked her for clearing the room for me and restrained myself from further comment ;D
After yesterday a little light relief, excuse the pun.

derek west

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 07:12:28 pm »
heres my 2 penneth worth, take it or leave it.

never cut corners on a job just cos you think its not dirty,

i always use the enviro dri. and i charge accordingly, even if the carpet isn't that dirty.

why?

1) it looks professional
2) thats the way i clean regardless
3) i charge for this so why would i not use it
4) it lifts the pile
5) next time you clean it, it may well be a lot dirtier and then you'll have to up the price, not the way i do things.
6) just cos it don't look dirty, doesn't mean it aint.

so i say, go round and do it properly. sorry james, love you :-*

wynne jones

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 07:32:58 pm »
So it's no cleaner than a quick going over, but you go through the motions so you get top money?

That's how some will read it who would do what's needed, then charge accordingly. Of course there will be those who just give it a quick clean (probably with a rotary :P) and charge top money anyway. You know who you are  8)
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 07:45:27 pm »
Got to agree with Derek.

Every job gets cleaned the same way, pre spray - agitate - rinse & extract.

Dirty or clean - same price per m2.

Win a bit on some, lose a little on others.

derek west

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 07:49:49 pm »
ive been misread on here by quite a few, winnie me old mucker  ;), couple more won't harm me ;D

ps... i never charge top money, thats why i'm busy and doing well................ ish.....

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 07:57:14 pm »
Those who charge top money aren't busy but then again they get that much they don't need to be that busy.

Me?.... I'm a poor Yorkshireman

Shaun

elliott cleaning

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 08:29:58 pm »
Derek

Work on it.   Gradually charge top money and you will still be busy.    I have no doubt you produce the quality as well as having the amiable spiel.     
That's when you'll find that the business is so rewarding that you will be able to call it a day earlier than anticipated.   Whole days with nothing else than  being able to concern yourself with eating 'mackies' or whatever they are called

derek west

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 09:09:56 pm »
i am frans but takin it disimo.

as they say in cheshire

"slowly slowly catch a maccies" ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 09:40:29 pm »
Derek do you still work as a 2 man team?

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 10:09:34 pm »
not anymore, had to let him go yesterday, he wouldn't work weekends anymore and thats when occasionally i get the big commercial jobs. so i was a one man band today. still managed all right though, big beer spill in a pub this morning, 1.5 hours, 5 bedder 3.5 hours and a lounge carpet, 45 mins. quite surprised how quick i am on my own.

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 10:32:17 pm »
not anymore, had to let him go yesterday, he wouldn't work weekends anymore and thats when occasionally i get the big commercial jobs. so i was a one man band today. still managed all right though, big beer spill in a pub this morning, 1.5 hours, 5 bedder 3.5 hours and a lounge carpet, 45 mins. quite surprised how quick i am on my own.

Had to let Courtney go? youve done a deal with Mc Donalds I seen him tonight buffing the floors at the Northwich branch, 3 stars on his badge... LOL  :D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2010, 04:13:15 pm »
I've found it tough to keep long term staff, motivation is one problem hours of business is another...oh and paying them aswell (the blighters require money now :o)

Shaun

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 11:00:57 pm »
Shaun

if you were an employee of somebody would you stick around? If so as it because the pay was good; was it because you are a loyal type of person, or would it be for some other reason?

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way