George P

grants for setting on staff
« on: February 23, 2014, 04:46:07 pm »
are there any grants out there for inititives to set people on, tried looking for grants on google but cant seem to find anything,

Don Kee

Re: grants for setting on staff
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:50:36 pm »
Theres a goverment 'apprenticeship' scheme that a mate of mine in notts used gor his worker if thats the sort you mean?
(I use apprenticeship very loosely though, it was just a way for very cheap labour if honest)

Norbert

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:03:39 pm »
George, Have a look on the official government websites for more information regards grants and advice for taking on staff.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/support-for-small-businesses-in-taking-on-apprenticeships.

You may also find some information from this website, The Forum of private business at http://www.fpb.org/page/533/Grants_for_small_businesses.htm.

You could also speak to your local Jobcentre plus office for advice as well, they may be able to guide you in the right direction.

Phil

George P

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 06:06:56 pm »
thanks guys, going to ring the job centre this week, want to pay fair wages, but i know there was something around that once they were employed for so long then the business got a lump sum for taking them off the dole ut couldnt find it on google,

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 07:20:42 pm »
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Craig downey

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 09:07:29 pm »
People on dole over 6 months think you get about £2000, it's after a few months like, not straight away

craigR

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 05:57:52 pm »
Hi George,
                 I believe all the incentives to take the long term unemployed on stopped some time ago but the jobcentre will confirm. They are usually quite helful.

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 06:55:27 pm »
Hi George,
                 I believe all the incentives to take the long term unemployed on stopped some time ago but the jobcentre will confirm. They are usually quite helful.

from what i have learned it has all finished

George P

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 10:07:57 pm »
going to ring job centre this week and will keep you posted on what they say,