[GQC] Tim

Re: Brodex 3G???
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 09:54:52 pm »
At Alan, I agree with what you said there.

At Ewan, perhaps it is about money, but to put it in to perspective. Only a few companies have the luxury of spending whatever they want, the rest not, I was purely coming from the normal small business window cleaner's aspect. Think about what you can do with 4k, for something that (yes it does!) do exactly the same thing as a cheaper system. You can do literally everything you can with an Ionics system for 4k less. And if you doubt that, you can come round and show it to me. ;)

Purify water, water through pump up through pole, brush window. Clean. 4 grand extra. Yea right.  ;)  ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 10:22:16 pm »
Hey no problem Ewan, no offense taken whatsover, I'm sorry for coming over a bit strong in the opinions.  :)

TennetClean

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2008, 02:14:41 am »
I do not have an ionics system, i had mine built by an engineer and having discussed with him the ins and outs of having a machine in a van, the reason you pay more for ionics is SAFETY.

The engineer who designed mine made a big thing about safety in a crash, and said that while you can try and design all you like, you only ever know for sure if you are actually in a crash.

I want a new system soon, and to be honest I am a LOT more bothered about safety now than I was the first time around.  Having driven around for a good few years with a ton of machine behind me I have had plenty of occassions that have caused me to worry about my saftey in a crash.  As ionics systems are crash tested i have to say I will be leaning more towards them in the future.  Yes you pay more for that safety element but saving all the money in the world aint gonna do you much good if your are dead.

I seen the crash test videos on ionics website and when i done my bwca course, and no way will i be going anywhere near those systems that failed it and squashed the dummy, and correct me if i'm wrong but i think that was brodex.

I have seen how other wc have their systems fixed into their vans, especiallt diy jobbies.  Not having my usual go at diy here but honestly they are just not safe at all.  I seen one guy who had his 450litre tank wedged in with a bit of plywood.  totally unsafe.

Ionics may well cost a few more quid every month because they are crash tested safe but it is a small price to pay for peace of mind IMO.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

*foxman

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2008, 12:36:20 pm »
I tell you what, the next time you see an OCS van or the like cleaning windows go and have a look in the back of the van - I can promise you know its not going to be anything other than Brodex/Ionics?Tucker - I very much doubt even Concept 2o have ever fitted a system for any of the big players.

I wouldn't be to sure Alan, i know for a fact that the big boys (inc OCS) are moving away from those systems.

TennetClean

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2008, 02:13:41 pm »
LOL if I know foxman the big boys will all be getting window cleaning warehouse gear, aint that right?  I'm sure craig21t and dd will soon be along to back up your arguments foxman.

*foxman

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 02:18:28 pm »
yup ;D

alanwilson

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 09:47:19 pm »
Tennetclean - don't be sucked in by the BWCA nonsense - it was a brodex machine  - one that wasn't bolted in!!

If you ever get a chance to examine a brodex fitted machine you will see just how safe they are, equally as safe as Ionics.

Foxman - are you seriously suggesting that OCS or the like are going to risk it all for a couple of grand - hardly.

I know for a fact our own systems are very safe - how safe are your systems?
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

eddie d

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 11:13:07 pm »
i wouldnt rely on them just because ocs buy them .ocs have been known to brake H&S regs .

i use a brodex system and its good but it does brake down now and then .and brodex parts are expensive.
also the resin tubes on the 3g are a very bad design.if you do buy a 3g cxhange the resin tubes to upright ones .
good luck

TennetClean

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2008, 11:03:24 am »
How I love to be proved right.  Its not much of challenge on this forum though ;)  Welcome back craig21t, but now I'm missing your mate dd.  Give him a prod will you, or better yet can we have another new one?  You could sign him up today and make his first post repeating exactly what foxman says again.

Alan, I'm interested by what you say.  I thought it was a brodex machine that failed the test but I couldnt exactly remember.  Not bolted in you say?  Hmmmmm interesting. 

One thing that the bloke on the course did say was that when they did the crash test the company who failed it threatened all kinds of legal action saying this and saying that etc, but then never did anything about it at all, not even so much as a solicitors letter.

I know one thing, if someone had deliberately made my gear look bad by cheating in a test I would be all over them with lawyers faster than they could blink.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2008, 11:12:29 am »
Tennet, this is old news. Its all been discussed before ages back. The test was unfair on Brodex. They hired a private detective to buy the Brodex machine and didnt have it fitted by Brodex themselves for the crash test, and apparently put it in a rusty floor, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

*foxman

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2008, 11:26:35 am »
One thing that the bloke on the course did say was that when they did the crash test the company who failed it threatened all kinds of legal action saying this and saying that etc, but then never did anything about it at all, not even so much as a solicitors letter.

And that proves what exactly??  ??? Cause the guy on the course makes more money selling you a machine that teaching you to clean a window properly!  ;D ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2008, 01:30:51 pm »

I tell you what, the next time you see an OCS van or the like cleaning windows go and have a look in the back of the van - I can promise you know its not going to be anything other than Brodex/Ionics?Tucker - I very much doubt even Concept 2o have ever fitted a system for any of the big players.

Alan,

You haven't looked into the back of multi nationals in Glasgow and Edinburgh, 2 x 650 l tanks only strapped down. ;)

Totaly agree with you though any company employing someone has to take into consideration safety as any accident could cost them dear!!!