dazmond

Re: Storm Franklin
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2022, 08:55:01 am »
I'm cutting at the moment so i need to keep my steps up as well as my normal training at the gym.....

The strong winds are due to ease off by lunchtime with a much drier afternoon forecast so I might give it a crack later...

If I didn't have my van in the garage on wed I'd sack the day off..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Mike Burd

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2022, 08:56:37 am »
The clean will be the same standards as ever. We’ve a guarantee on quality and customers are welcome to call us if they don’t dry well within 48 hours and we’ll go back. Job jobbed.

Our windows were perfect this morning.  This afternoon they look like the were left in the desert during a storm,. 
If we had been working I would be really worried over the weekend.
See above. We had a complaint about one we cleaned on Wednesday. If you cleaned yesterday do they have a right to complain after the storm today? We told the one from Wednesday to do one,but we’d return to any complaints from today as I’d say it was reasonable to expect them to dry clean.
I didn't express that well. I meant to say we will clean to the same standard as ever in terms of the process. If they don't dry well, we'll return.

Anyway, all moaning on here but it's not even raining. Just a bit windy.

My advice is to just stop taking your relationship with your customers so personally.  I admit that's easier from a desk. My workers don't worry about looks from customers. They just do their job.

DJW

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2022, 10:12:05 am »
Still gusting  close to 50mph here so I’ve sacked the day off and will be painting the fascias and gable ends instead.

Happy dayz.

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2022, 10:40:28 am »
The clean will be the same standards as ever. We’ve a guarantee on quality and customers are welcome to call us if they don’t dry well within 48 hours and we’ll go back. Job jobbed.

Our windows were perfect this morning.  This afternoon they look like the were left in the desert during a storm,. 
See above. We had a complaint about one we cleaned on Wednesday. If you cleaned yesterday do they have a right to complain after the storm today? We told the one from Wednesday to do one,but we’d return to any complaints from today as I’d say it was reasonable to expect them to dry clean.
I didn't express that well. I meant to say we will clean to the same standard as ever in terms of the process. If they don't dry well, we'll return.

My advice is to just stop taking your relationship with your customers so personally.  I admit that's easier from a desk. My workers don't worry about looks from customers. They just do their job.

No you haven’t
I think your confusing moaning with opinions - some think it’s not wise to clean in bad weather others happy to do so - you may just not like other people’s opinions
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2022, 10:59:23 am »
Not taking your relationship with customers seriously is where you may come unstuck 8Weekly,I know where I can go if the weathers a bit dodgy and know where I can’t.
Some would be fine some wouldn’t and I know that I have jobs I would regret losing turning up in terrible weather they aren’t 15-30 quid jobs,the odd small job you get sacked off on are fine but you wouldn’t want bigger paying work doing the same would you.

simon w

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2022, 11:08:55 am »
The sun has just come out here and highlighted how bad my windows are....I only cleaned them 4 weeks ago!

Your there to clean the last 4 weeks of dirt off not guarantee they'll stay clean for the next 4 weeks

Regular MAINTENANCE window cleaning throughout the year is all the customer is paying for

NWH

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2022, 11:13:40 am »
I don’t find  there’s as much money in 4 weekly cleans I have half a dozen that are but they insist on this time frame but still pay as much as they would be if it was 3 monthly per clean,I find 4 weekly a bore it comes round too quickly for me.

Mike Burd

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2022, 11:27:50 am »

No you haven’t
I think your confusing moaning with opinions - some think it’s not wise to clean in bad weather others happy to do so - you may just not like other people’s opinions
Have a scroll back. You'll see that most are moaning at my opinion. I don't care if you sack the day off, but there's no need to have a go at someone who's made a different choice in order to justify one's own choice not to work. I've just been out for a 5 mile run and winds are moderate & no rain here. I'm out of town too.

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2022, 11:43:47 am »
Went out about 9, sun came out. Winds were really bad till about 10 but eased off now. Its a nice sunny day now

deeege

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2022, 12:23:42 pm »
Still awful here in the NW.  My work today involved a trip up the M6 and it has been closed most of the morning so that made my decision for me. It’s the first time I’ve lost 2 consecutive days to the weather since the winter of 2010, ah well.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2022, 04:57:09 pm »
i started at 1015am and finished around 415pm.all my scheduled work was completed...it was a bit rough the first few hours due to showers too but it dried up this afternoon....i only worked today because...

a,im having wed off due to van in garage for a service

b.im cleaning mainly 4 weekly estate work this week so no high level work out in the sticks

its a great feeling to get all my work done and dusted for the day..... :)
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2022, 05:26:53 pm »
Dusted you say?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐