deeege

Storm Franklin
« on: February 20, 2022, 03:27:58 pm »
So storm Franklin is expected overnight and through tomorrow, winds of upto 70mph forecast.

Which of you hero’s will be out working tomorrow?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

SB Cleaning

Re: Storm Franklin
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 03:45:19 pm »
Here we go again  :D

Mike Burd

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 04:03:06 pm »
40mph here max. There’s no safety concerns so yes.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 04:05:56 pm »
🤓

50 plus here - so I doubt windows will be done - have some pressure washing tho...

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 04:14:10 pm »
Not bothered about the quality of clean though? ;D

NWH

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 04:15:04 pm »
I won’t be already knew yesterday I wouldn’t be working it’ll be pointless again,I’ve got 8 blokes I’m sending out though regardless of the weather, who cares I haven’t got to face customers and look em in the 👁.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 04:26:04 pm »
Watch and wait.

Mike Burd

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 04:32:06 pm »
The clean will be the same standards as ever. We’ve a guarantee on quality and customers are welcome to call us if they don’t dry well within 48 hours and we’ll go back. Job jobbed.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 04:37:16 pm »
The clean will be the same standards as ever. We’ve a guarantee on quality and customers are welcome to call us if they don’t dry well within 48 hours and we’ll go back. Job jobbed.
In my experience,  the clean won't be the same in very high winds...

JandS

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 05:09:39 pm »
They won't know how clean they are in 48 hours because it will still be raining.........people don't ring back anyway they just seem to take it on the chin............I missed a window on a house in December, on January's clean she told me.....when I asked why she didn't ring me to sort it she said she couldn't be bothered......the house is 400 metres from mine.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2022, 05:32:28 pm »
Why would you work in it or send people out,one reason only ££££ needed.

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2022, 09:08:37 pm »

Our windows were perfect this morning.  This afternoon they look like the were left in the desert during a storm,. 
If we had been working I would be really worried over the weekend.
See above. We had a complaint about one we cleaned on Wednesday. If you cleaned yesterday do they have a right to complain after the storm today? We told the one from Wednesday to do one,but we’d return to any complaints from today as I’d say it was reasonable to expect them to dry clean.

simon w

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2022, 09:16:23 pm »
So storm Franklin is expected overnight and through tomorrow, winds of upto 70mph forecast.

Which of you hero’s will be out working tomorrow?

I thought Franklin was banned from here a few weeks ago  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2022, 12:37:18 am »

Our windows were perfect this morning.  This afternoon they look like the were left in the desert during a storm,. 
If we had been working I would be really worried over the weekend.
See above. We had a complaint about one we cleaned on Wednesday. If you cleaned yesterday do they have a right to complain after the storm today? We told the one from Wednesday to do one,but we’d return to any complaints from today as I’d say it was reasonable to expect them to dry clean.
I think he should have said they'll go back within 48 hours. I think expecting windows to stay clean within 48 hours is pushing it a bit. Would you have Monday off if a storm was forecast for Tuesday?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

DJW

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2022, 07:14:08 am »
Taking the car in to be valeted and polished so I won’t be out first thing.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2022, 07:32:15 am »
I worked all week last week except Friday and didn't get a single complaint.

Work booked in for today but sat here contemplating sacking it off the wind is howling, my gates snapped in half and its raining to boot but that's supposed to stop shortly.

Might go and give it a go in a couple of hours.

Thing is if you leave it when does it get done ? Tomorrow looks just as bad with rain, weds high winds, Friday same.. Only thurs this week looks decent

Its frustrating enough as a solo guy I think if I was an employer I would be going nuts.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2022, 07:56:29 am »
Too windy for any pole work here in West Yorkshire. Luckily we have some ladder work we can drop on . I will send one of the lads up to do the 3 story work . Only got 5 of them . But I will definitely foot the ladder .

NBwcs

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2022, 08:15:26 am »
Too windy for any pole work here in West Yorkshire. Luckily we have some ladder work we can drop on . I will send one of the lads up to do the 3 story work . Only got 5 of them . But I will definitely foot the ladder .

Take them down the pub 1st for a bit of Ditch courage,they'll be fine.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2022, 08:44:19 am »
Why would you work in it or send people out,one reason only ££££ needed.

Not really....I've got over 20k in my emergency fund account but I still want to work because my van is booked in the garage on wed for a service so that'll be a day off....I have 4 days work due this week,if I have today  off I'll have to work sat to keep on schedule or I'll get behind which has a knock on effect on the rest of my work....

Also I'm sat here with my slips printed out for todays work,flask and packed lunch made ready to go..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2022, 08:46:14 am »
The sun has just come out here and highlighted how bad my windows are....I only cleaned them 4 weeks ago!
price higher/work harder!